SDCC 2013 Hasbro Exclusives: Jetfire Skystriker

Chet

$99 is for the entire boxed set of figures of vehicles, not just "Jetfire".

I know. I'm taking that into account. haha

I heard the collection DX guys talking about how the new hiss tanks felt cheap as hell.

Edited by Gakken85

^^If they did, they wouldn't be screwing the pooch so royally with their original Star Wars line.

In my defense, I don't collect SW figs and thus have no idea what's going on on that front. :D

So, what's the problem with the SW toys?

* edited for typos.

Edited by GU-11

^^Distribution's been pretty horrid for the Star Wars lines. Just check your local brick and mortar stores. Chances are you'll only see a bunch of figures from the Phantom Menace wave. . . . . which originally came out well over a YEAR ago. <_<

I'd happily purchase figures from the Vintage line, but it's absolutely impossible to find them anywhere, unless you wanna pay a premium through eBay.

We're already halfway through 2013, and they haven't released ANY new figures for their main/collector-friendly line.

They also killed off the Clone Wars line prematurely without making figures from the later seasons of that series.

Generally speaking, unless there's a movie involved, Hasbro's distribution has been atrocious/insulting when it comes to Star Wars, GI Joe, and Transformer lines.

I think it's kinda cool from a GI Joe collector perspective. From a transforming toy collector perspective, not so much.

Actually, we've had so many transformers crossovers like Star Wars Transformers and stuff, but why never a real GI Joe/Transformers toy crossover? I guess there was a transforming Snow Cat but I mean in Joe scale.

Can you imagine a Joe-scaled Transformer? We're talking a 1/18-ish scale vehicle, which is going to be massively expensive, even if it's something like a Volkswagen Beetle.

Also, fun as it is to dream, poseable transforming figures get to be increasingly impractical as size goes up. The joint-strength to weight ratio can become a serious issue.

Edited by Chronocidal

Can you imagine a Joe-scaled Transformer? We're talking a 1/18-ish scale vehicle, which is going to be massively expensive, even if it's something like a Volkswagen Beetle.

Also, fun as it is to dream, poseable transforming figures get to be increasingly impractical as size goes up. The joint-strength to weight ratio can become a serious issue.

Cobra Fang, Trubble Bubble, Claw, and Firebat are all pretty small. GI Joe Skyhawk, Silver Mirage, Wolverine, etc. Lots of options.

Even the Hiss tank wasn't that big.

Well, when I think of what I'd want to see as a transformer, I don't think of the tiny vehicles where over half of the bulk is cockpit, I'm thinking more like the Night Raven, Hurricane, Skystriker, etc.

Also, since I'm thinking purely in terms of Joe aircraft I'd want to see, that does make a bit of a difference. :lol:

My god, a Night Raven transforming into Starscream or something, that would be majestic. And, yes, huge. Definitely something too cool for this world.

EDIT: Whoa.

Are you frakking serious?! Is that a joke? My God that'll be the first T-former I'll eagerly purchase since.........FOREVER!

• 1 month later...