1/48 Reviving Project 1: 1/48 VE-1

gwfalcon

1/48 line is my favorite forever!

I think I need to do something to revive the 1/48's popularity. So here it is: 1/48 VE-1 project is started.

~~~~~ Small Update on 01/06/2016 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add some parts, check and comments, bros.

test2_by_gwfalcon-d9my3g7.jpg?2

test1_by_gwfalcon-d9my3dd.jpg

~~~~~ Small Update on 09/20/2013 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tail wing has been designed and printed. To me it looks good (just notice the tail wing of the VE-1 is way smaller than VF-1), Let me know your opinions.

Fighter Mode:

photo2_zpsc0e985e1.jpg

photo1_zps30638248.jpg

photo3_zps6ad6bd5e.jpg

Battroid Mode;

photo5_zpsba17ae0d.jpg

photo6_zps703ada67.jpg

photo7_zps476cc608.jpg

photo4_zps4848c564.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VE_1_head1_zps6d4844c0.jpg?t=1369990565

VE_1_head2_zps2cbbd2fd.jpg?t=1369990567

VE_1_head3_zpsbc484d3f.jpg?t=1369990568

******** June 2, 2013 update -- Head Design ********

image-1_zpsf194045e.jpg

image-1_zpsfad222a5.jpg

image-1_zpse018efd1.jpg

image-1_zps234e9277.jpg

image-1_zpsf375278d.jpg

image-1_zpsa10287af.jpg

Edited by gwfalcon

June 2, 2013 update.

Head modification is complete. The revised version adopts ball joint connection and has a slightly shorter neck. It turns out good, as shown in the top thread.

Enjoy and feel free to comment!

Thanks to all you guys' support. Actually not very much for business but I really hope the final VE-1 can be shown up in the MacrossWorld top page for a while. Will keep you all updated and kindly stay tuned.

Awesome, I'll buy one or two complete VE-1 kits if you offer them for sale.

Haha, thanks for your support.

Same here!

Thanks, bro.

count me in for sure

Thanks + 1

Word...! Me too...but first have to get myself a 1/48 yamato. Lol

This is the main reason I want to start the work, revive the popularity of 1/48. The size does matter!!!

Hopefully you can do a Super O after that ;)

I will, man. Let me finish the VE-1 first.

Well if you can fix the one seater to a two seater, you got three valks worth
Of mods, VE, VT, and the 1D.

Hmm, I think VE and VT share the same cockpit design but 1D is different. Actually I have a 1D kit at hand and at one time I just want to use it as a baseline. But, no, we are true lovers of DYRL, which drives me to head for a 100% true VE-1 and VT-1. You will see my cockpit design shortly.

"Hmm, I think VE and VT share the same cockpit design but 1D is different. Actually I have a 1D kit at hand and at one time I just want to use it as a baseline. But, no, we are true lovers of DYRL, which drives me to head for a 100% true VE-1 and VT-1. You will see my cockpit design shortly."

If your working on a proper cockpit (2-seater) design for the VT-1/VE-1, I will truly start saving some $$$.

Edited by 505thAirborne

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Hmm, I think VE and VT share the same cockpit design but 1D is different. Actually I have a 1D kit at hand and at one time I just want to use it as a baseline. But, no, we are true lovers of DYRL, which drives me to head for a 100% true VE-1 and VT-1. You will see my cockpit design shortly."

If your working on a proper cockpit (2-seater) design for the VT-1/VE-1, I will truly start saving some $$$.

Stay tuned man. The update will be up soon.

Lookin' good man. Keep going!

Thanks, will do.

Awesome, can't wait to see end products!

Thanks, kindly stay tuned

Looking good buddie! But I would say that the head is just too little bit tiny of it's scale...

Thanks for your constant support, bro.

The fins turned out great! The angle and the size are spot on!!!

Glad to hear that. Next step is the left arm + dome fine tuning

• 1 month later...

How, I ended here after seeing a thread for 1/48 recast parts (I need some parts btw....).

Impressive, if you continue like this, we're getting closer to a 1/48 VE-1..thing is..you know once you have a VE-1...you cannot just leave its brother out of the picture :rolleyes: .

Personally I find the head size fine, maybe the neck could retract to make it shorter(or longer as needed). .Keep up the great work though!

Sign me up as well. Luckily I have a loose VF-1A (1/48), just begging to be transformed into a VE-1. Amazing work! Like everyone else on here, I also can't wait to see the final product and purchase the conversion pieces as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great so far

Thanks bro.

How, I ended here after seeing a thread for 1/48 recast parts (I need some parts btw....).

Impressive, if you continue like this, we're getting closer to a 1/48 VE-1..thing is..you know once you have a VE-1...you cannot just leave its brother out of the picture :rolleyes: .

Personally I find the head size fine, maybe the neck could retract to make it shorter(or longer as needed). .Keep up the great work though!

OK. will let you know. IMO the head size is fine. I may slightly modify the neck to give a bit more flexibility to the head.

wow! awesome job, thoroughly impressed.

Thanks, man.

Can't wait to see this completed!

Thanks, will keep you updated for sure.

Sign me up as well. Luckily I have a loose VF-1A (1/48), just begging to be transformed into a VE-1. Amazing work! Like everyone else on here, I also can't wait to see the final product and purchase the conversion pieces as well.

Cool, will let you know.

I like the 1/48 too.....keep up the good work!

Great, will do for sure.

Looking forward to updates on this, but didn't Cap do a VF-1D kit that didn't go smoothly with the toy crowd?

Thanks, bro. Yeah, Cap's 1D kit is awesome but the 1D's 2-seat configuration is different with that of the VE-1/VT-1. The later is a bit more "busty" and that is actually the most challenging part. I am now molding the 2-seat cockpit for the 1/48 line. Hope I can finish it by the end of Jan.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not letting this thread die. I want this to happen way too much I guess...come on GDub don't let me down!

Definitely not, bro. This is my hobby and I will make a true 1/48 VE-1 available soon

Hi, any progress or completion on this or still on hiatus?

Thanks for your support. See below.

A small update on the arm attachment, which is, IMHO, way better than the previous version.

Now finalize the cockpit design.

Please stay tuned and show your support!

LA_2_zpsc75f61b8.jpg

LA_1_zpse897af16.jpg

LA_3_zps11ed26ba.jpg

LA_4_zps18c7ed72.jpgLA_5_zps934d6291.jpg

Head_1_zps96f0bdee.jpg

Head_2_zps2feb599b.jpg

Ok, where do i send my money!! I must have!!

Thanks a lot for your interest, bro. Let me finish the project and you can make your final decision.

Awesome! Will definitely stay tuned. :)

Thanks a lot, man.

That's what I'm talking about...I knew you were alive & kicking bro. And I'm still on this like white on rice cause you know you got my support!!!

Thanks bro for your kind and constant support. I will try to finish it soon.