• 2 months later...

So no one here apparently cares much for this movie. :p

I just got back from seeing it today with the kids. I hadn't planned on watching it at all; they wanted to see it.

I haven't seen the last one, and I forget most of what happens in 2 and 3, so basically it's like a return to yo-ho-ho after 10 years. And it wasn't TOO bad, but that still means it was bad. The number of story threads and competing factions gets unnecessarily convoluted, but the music is as enjoyable as ever. Most damning is that it felt four hours long but is only a little over two. The kids and I agreed

we would have liked for the Flying Dutchman and Will Turner to make an appearance during the climax of the adventure. An immortal submersible fighting an undead ship that literally eats other ships would have been faaaantastic.

Edited by kajnrig

6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

So no one here apparently cares much for this movie. :p

I just got back from seeing it today with the kids. I hadn't planned on watching it at all; they wanted to see it.

I haven't seen the last one, and I forget most of what happens in 2 and 3, so basically it's like a return to yo-ho-ho after 10 years. And it wasn't TOO bad, but that still means it was bad. The number of story threads and competing factions gets unnecessarily convoluted, but the music is as enjoyable as ever. Most damning is that it felt four hours long but is only a little over two. The kids and I agreed

Reveal hidden contents

we would have liked for the Flying Dutchman and Will Turner to make an appearance during the climax of the adventure. An immortal submersible fighting an undead ship that literally eats other ships would have been faaaantastic.

Saw it myself just yesterday. I felt like more of the same.  I'm curious though where they will go from this point for future sequels especially after the plot twists on this movie.