1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

Battroid mode!【VF-1J 30th Anniversary】超時空要塞!

It's not easy to take this pic! The concept to take this VF1J signature pose is totally different from shooting a Gundam.

& BTW, this outlook and overall proportion of this Arcadia Toy is fall from good (but it is the best available 1J toy in the market, isn't it?) FXXK the Harmony Gold that handicaps the development of Macross toy. I hope that one day Bandai can apply the tech of DX to VF-1 series....

Anyway, enjoy!

Nice pics! It would be very interesting to see a 1/60 Bandai VF-1... as others said, there's still room for improvement

That's a creative paring Gundam@ESEF. Love the photos with the 1J Anniversary and 0D together!

Does Arcadia license any Robotech products? I thought all Robotech products were exclusive deals that HG made with Toynami?

Personally, I think it would be sweet if either Arcadia or Bandai updated the VF-1 to use Macross the First designs. It is a solid design, but it could use an overhaul IMO.

Wait. Are you asking if Arcadia will deal directly with HG for Robotech products? Or you're asking if Arcadia will do any mechas based on the animes that were part of the Robotech franchise, such as Mospeada and Southern Cross?

Wait. Are you asking if Arcadia will deal directly with HG for Robotech products? Or you're asking if Arcadia will do any mechas based on the animes that were part of the Robotech franchise, such as Mospeada and Southern Cross?

I was confused by something Gundam@ESEF wrote:

FXXK the Harmony Gold that handicaps the development of Macross toy. I hope that one day Bandai can apply the tech of DX to VF-1 series....

If Bandai wanted to make a modern update to some VF-1 toy, couldn't they do so by getting a license from Big West/Satelight or whomever they need to ask? Or couldn't any other Japanese manufacturer for that matter? I was wondering what it was that HG has to do with localized toy development in Japan. I thought HG was only mucking up the international rights.

But you make a good point bringing up Mospeada and Southern Cross. I would like to see someone tackle new toys for those series too. ;)

Gundam@ESEF, I think to date that the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1's are the best that we have seen as far accuracy in a 1/60 collector toy. Now the Scheme on the aniverasrio is another issue all together. That was a deal between Hasegawa and Arcadia, Hasegawa had the scheme on one of their kits that was designed by Hidetaka Tenjin himself. Arcadia just happen to hit the scene during the 30th anniversary and decided to cross license the scheme from the Hasegawa kit.

Yes, as far as I know Bandai would have to go to Big West to try to get the license for SDFM/DYRL. I am not so sure if they allow multiple mfg's to make a toy in the same scale or in the same space though, I think someone else here knows more about the licensing practices of Big West. I think it could be cool to see a DX VF-1 also, but I am in no hurry for it at this point with my current collection of Yamato VF-1's. I also worry they would mess up the first time like they did with the Frontier version 1's or even like that 1/72 VF-1 kit that was all kinds of awful imo.

Seeing the glowing green effect int he eye, mixed with the colors of the Valk, make it feel like this valk went into Studio 54 during its heyday, and came out with flare. Still like this one, but um, yeah.

Gundam@ESEF, I think to date that the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1's are the best that we have seen as far accuracy in a 1/60 collector toy.

I think the VF-25 Renewal is more line art/screen accurate than the VF-1, which I would rank as a close second.

Edit: Added pics from jenius's site, anymoon.com

dG1VW5a.jpg

kKl9sji.jpg

fu1Sk1m.jpg

nxHPpzo.jpg

eNQYKNb.jpg

DIYKKIZ.jpg

Edited by ArchieNov

I think the VF-25 Renewal is more line art/screen accurate than the VF-1, which I would rank as a close second.

Yeah, but the VF-25 had the benefit of a CG model from Frontier to begin with. I'm quite happy with the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 V2, but I can't say I wouldn't like to see Bandai take a stab at it in 1/60...as if I need any more VF-1s :p

Yeah. That's true. If we want a anime accurate VF-1's since there were no CG/CAD before the initial run it will be a parts-former figure. And besides, the Valks in the Frontier anime is using CG whereas the original SDF run is just hand-drawn.

But now, I'm thinking the opening of that Macross Pachinko game since it's already done in CG, hope they can use that as a footage and guide.

Yeah. That's true. If we want a anime accurate VF-1's since there were no CG/CAD before the initial run it will be a parts-former figure. And besides, the Valks in the Frontier anime is using CG whereas the original SDF run is just hand-drawn.

But now, I'm thinking the opening of that Macross Pachinko game since it's already done in CG, hope they can use that as a footage and guide.

Do you have a video link, Noel?

Definitely more modern production methods have benefited the renewal VF-25 to look very close to line art but the VF-1 is still a fantastic thing anyways!

But the v2 VF-1 isn't really that old so maybe Yamato did use CG/CAD for the toy seeing how it was a huge jump in build quality and accuracy compared to the v1..

I meant out of the VF-1's, not all variants. Gundam made a comment about the VF-1, so I was replying about the VF-1. (http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39282&page=19#entry1213358) But yeah I can agree that even though they always had the CG Bandai did a great job the second time around. The first time though... Just damn. The VF-1 is a design that was pre CG so there are a lot of thing to worry about when trying to get a balance between all 3 modes and have them all look decent. I mean we could say that the 1/48 had the best fighter mode looks and the 1/60 v2 had the best battroid/Gerwalk modes.

Believe me Archie, I have trawled through the anymoon site. When I was beginning my collection back in '07/'08 all I did was read sites that had any input on what was what out of the toys. That site helped me avoid the v1 VF-25's. So glad I skipped them.

*Edit* Archie I get the feeling that you think I hate Bandai or something. Believe me man if I did my toy list would not look like this:

http://mymacrosscollection.blogspot.com/2012/06/yamato-148-1x-vf-1s-roy-focker-package.html

Edited by Loop

LOL! Mine is still NIB. I bought it to give Arcadia a good shove off so they could set sail and to show them that I am interested in them making valks. I still like the Tenjin artwork on the box and I figured once I get everything I own in a display that is the bridge piece from Yamato to Arcadia.

I meant out of the VF-1's, not all variants. Gundam made a comment about the VF-1, so I was replying about the VF-1. (http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39282&page=19#entry1213358) But yeah I can agree that even though they always had the CG Bandai did a great job the second time around. The first time though... Just damn. The VF-1 is a design that was pre CG so there are a lot of thing to worry about when trying to get a balance between all 3 modes and have them all look decent. I mean we could say that the 1/48 had the best fighter mode looks and the 1/60 v2 had the best battroid/Gerwalk modes.

Believe me Archie, I have trawled through the anymoon site. When I was beginning my collection back in '07/'08 all I did was read sites that had any input on what was what out of the toys. That site helped me avoid the v1 VF-25's. So glad I skipped them.

*Edit* Archie I get the feeling that you think I hate Bandai or something. Believe me man if I did my toy list would not look like this:

http://mymacrosscollection.blogspot.com/2012/06/yamato-148-1x-vf-1s-roy-focker-package.html

Ah I see. Sorry, I guess I read it out of context. I didn't get to see Gundam@EFSF's question. I thought your statement was about all 1/60s in general and not just among VF-1's.

Regarding your last statement, nah, I don't think you hate Bandai. I've looked through your toy collection before and seen your past comments. But if I've somehow left that impression on you, then my apologies as this was not my intention.

I usually only post replies when I feel things are being misconstrued, or when things are not being given due credit. Sadly, this mostly happens when people like to bash on Bandai or Nippon-Yasan, so I would understand if people think I'm biased towards them. I don't see much need to defend Yamato/Arcadia since there's more than enough people here that already do that, but that doesn't mean that I don't like them as much. Similar to you, I like Yamato/Arcadia/Bandai just the same, and have large collections from these companies.

It's cool Archie, I know at times I can be super critical and have been more vocal as of late in regards to Bandai. Yamato/Arcadia get lumps too :lol: They just have not been flooding us with as much stuff as late.

I dont really bash NY, but if I can get a better price I will try. I get what they do and some agree with it and others don't, but in the end if the item is rare enough and you missed out on it it could be worth it in some cases. I still prefer HLJ so far as they have always provided me with great service and replacement parts when that used to be a thing.

Edited by Loop