1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it looks like the market didn't like this particular item.

What a shame. A somewhat baffling shame to me.

It could be 75% off and I would not be interested, and a lot of other folks.

This is what a group of grown men, Macross fans and toy enthusiasts, decided to make their first entry out of the gate?

IMO - It could have gone something more like:

"Guys - let's kill it right off the bat. Let's do the Max 1J super and include the super parts and new stand, but also include a gun pod loader and 2 ground figures. The market will go bananas and everyone will be relieved we have this line now instead of Yamato..."

If you have this Ann 1J and like it I'm glad and mean no disrespect. But I'm still stunned this was the best thinking for the first release.

I want to support them and will, and my finger is poised at the pre-order button. But they have to do something that makes me sit up in a my chair a bit and take notice . . .

Edited by DarrinG

But they have to do something that makes me sit up in a my chair a bit and take notice . . .

Pretty sure that's what most people are feeling with the YF-19 now. Which did they announce first? The 19 or the 1J? If it was the 19 then they definitely have gotten people very very interested.

Fair statement. I am not the target market for that mech so I'm not feeling that excitement.

I would MUCH rather see a 1/60 Destroid Phalanx and ground crew than a YF-19, and I fully realize would be in the minority there.

But still - the Ann 1J is a head scratcher to me.

FOR THEIR SAKE - they could have EASILY chosen a hotter seller to build momentum in their new Macross adventure.

SELFISHLY - I wish it had been something I could have been stoked about and added to my collection . . .

personally i just feel like they wanted to do something kind of off the wall so people noticed someone else had taken over, sort of like "hey guys...we're here and we gonna do things differently". granted it may have backfired in the short run on sales of the 1J anniversary edition but it could have easily gone the other way if they had decided to make it a super limited run. However, we macross fans now know...arcadia is here and they will do things just a bit different. personally i bought the thing so i could stare at the box art. lol. It was probably a mistake because i'll eventulaly tire of looking at it and won't be able to move it for much, but the other thing I wanted to do was to support arcadia. Hopefully they can keep developing the line with new molds etc. The YF-19 appears like it'll be a good start. Personally, I hope we see a redone SV-51 and VF-0 next or perhaps some destroids....which we are sorely lacking or some Zentran mecha (granted I know these would be pretty big and expensive but still i think 1/60 glaugs and regults would be pretty epic) which we are also sorely lacking.

Fair statement. I am not the target market for that mech so I'm not feeling that excitement.

I would MUCH rather see a 1/60 Destroid Phalanx and ground crew than a YF-19, and I fully realize would be in the minority there.

But still - the Ann 1J is a head scratcher to me.

FOR THEIR SAKE - they could have EASILY chosen a hotter seller to build momentum in their new Macross adventure.

SELFISHLY - I wish it had been something I could have been stoked about and added to my collection . . .

They should have made the VF-X-4 30th Anniversary THAT would have sold like hotcakes. ;)

Lol, cheapest option at SAL speed was 51$ for US address.

It's kind of lame, the box isn't that big.

Odd, I just purchased a VF-1J 30th Anniversary from Hobby Search (7,900 JPY) during this sale and my shipping costs were only $ 37 for EMS (3,600 JPY).

-b.

Eh, just like most Yamato releases the demand for this one will very likely increase as time passes. The VF-X and Angelbird 1/60s were fairly limited and both were generally poo-poo'd at the time of release. Both made it to clearance sales. I got the VF-X almost a year after it was released from BBTS of all places for $80 where they also had the Angelbirds for the same price. Once they finally vanished everywhere the demand went up and now you can't find one for anything close to retail.

Eh, just like most Yamato releases the demand for this one will very likely increase as time passes. The VF-X and Angelbird 1/60s were fairly limited and both were generally poo-poo'd at the time of release. Both made it to clearance sales. I got the VF-X almost a year after it was released from BBTS of all places for $80 where they also had the Angelbirds for the same price. Once they finally vanished everywhere the demand went up and now you can't find one for anything close to retail.

here's to hoping you are correct!

You're very right. My only problem is that the VF-x and the Angel Birds are pretty nice color schemes and fairly attractive on their own. This piece is a very acquired taste.

Rare is rare, but it's not always valuable. haha.

I have one. Still haven't taken it out of the box haha.

Me either LOL! I really liked the box art a lot and it was Arcadia first release so I threw them a bone to help them off on their maiden voyage. All of the anniversary valks from Yamato in the past were pretty bad too imo. I did not like the YF-19 or the 1/48 VF-1. I also saw on Anymoon.com? what they had planned initially as Yamato's 25th anniversary schemes, the black and gold put those to shame lol. It is what it is....

I would keep it. Once I get my displays set up how I want them I may use it as the bridge between the Yamato collection I have and the Arcadia collection I will have as long as they stay a float.

They should have done the blue and white paint scheme from VFC 2 as the 30th anniversary scheme.

I love me some blue and white schemes myself.

Edited by Loop

They should have done the blue and white paint scheme from VFC 2 as the 30th anniversary scheme.

What they should've done was take cues from real life JASDF anniversary schemes.

Like this one:

25169_1_zps96c9bbca.jpg

Arcadia should also consider doing JASDF's blue-on-blue camo scheme for all their Valkyries.

JASDF's blue-on-blue camo on their F-2 fighter.

640px-F-2A_%28530%29_of_6_Sqn_arrives_at

This camo scheme is super popular.

Edited by Vifam7

That looks a lot cooler. I'd love to see something modeled after a real ceremonial fighter jet like the one above to give it a more real feeling. Or even just leave out one color to make i more attractive. Feels like a big missed oppertunity.