1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

Primarily it's because I don't have any toys left with broken shoulders so I haven't had a need for those particular accessories and generally the site is stuff I've used and fiddled with. Besides, Veef has access to collectiondx which has orders of magnitude more traffic than anymoon.

I dunno about that -- if you a Google search on Yamato VF-1 or Yamato 1/60, links to anymoon.com and your video reviews show up on the first page of hits. Anyone that's looking for info on those toys is bound to stumble across your review pages at some point. With all due to respect to other reviewers, I think your site is among the more definitive and comprehensive English-langauge Macross-related toy sites, and the shoulder issue still seems to be an issue that people keep asking about, even after the multitude of revisions and reissues from Yamato and Arcadia since those early models. Someone even posted about it the toy forum within the last few weeks. I think it would be worthwhile to mention that aftermarket replacements are now easily available, so people don't need to live in fear of cracked shoulders.

I think it's just because my video reviews are boring! That is why I make the transformation videos separate... I'm afraid I'd put everyone to sleep otherwise.

Not boring at all... very informative, and I appreciate all the detailed information. I think the "soothing" thing has something to with your diction and pronunciation -- it's very precise -- and you tend to speak in a very calm and deliberate manner. Unlike, say, this guy:

Hey everyone, my review is up on anymoon and a video is on Youtube. Check 'em out!

Good review. I would love to see a transformation video for the VF-1 line from you.

For me you should have done a new review for the Arcadia releases. First it is from a new company. Second the review is already a bit cluttered because it includes so many variants. I don't know if your planning on a Arcadia VF-1 review but if you do and add it to the Yamato one I feel that it would be information overkill (for me at least it would).

But baggers can't be choosers right? ^_^

Oh and every time I read the term Anniversario Super Mario is in my mind yelling: "ANNIVERSARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Then he goes away rescuing Princess Toadstool.

Edited by Scyla

I'm going to do a transformation video when my Focker comes in. That way I can show the very minor differences between my Focker with the old crotch mechanism and the Focker with the new one.

I've gotten a lot of requests to break apart my Yamato V2 post and it's not going to happen. Everything is merged together for the following reasons:
1) They're all the same toy, the differences are 90% cosmetic and 9% packaging and extras. The other 1% is the changes between the special releases like 2 seaters.

2) It takes surprisingly few sentences to say "this release included an extra part"
3) I think it makes the site easier to navigate. Imagine if you were new to Macross collecting and I had like 4 different Yamato/Arcadia V2 posts (1 for 2 seaters, 1 for supers, 1 for standard releases, and 1 for Arcadia toys), it'd kinda suck to have to go to each one.

4) More posts = more maintenance

Of course there are some negatives so I get why a lot of people would like to see more broken up posts. You don't want to have to wade through information about every Yamato release if all you care about is the first Arcadia release. It's also true that the post is now very large and has TONS of pictures. That's why I'm going to be doing more video reviews like this one. The video reviews also don't get updated so they sit out there as an opinion in a snapshot in time where as the posts get updated as the toys become increasingly obsolete.

Thank you for your reply Jenius. I understand the reasons behind not breaking them up in different posts I just wanted to express my thoughts that I had when I saw that you had your Anniversario video up read through the article on anymoon.com.

Keep up the excellent work and I'm looking forward to the Focker review since this will be my first VF-1 V2 Toy in my collection from Yamato..... no Arcadia.... eh: stuff is complicated. ;)

Edited by Scyla

In a perfect world we'd have a site with dedicated pages for each individual release.

Which would help with valks that suffer from issues.

I'd gladly volunteer to help make a site like that.

Even if Jenius wanted to expand and give pages, making it into a vault of info.

Maybe even offer donations to keep the site expanding to be the end all visual guide to

Every macross toy release.

Imagine an anymoon with every toy made, with individual pages for each item.

It's nerd lust!

I love Anymoon either way, it's the best of its kind.

And another thanks to you Jenius for the work you put into

That site, knowing you don't have to.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine yesterday night and I am swoon on how the colors actually pop. I will be applying the stickers tonight and snap some pics, but for what I have experienced, transforming it from mode to mode, the overall feeling is slightly more solid that the Yammie releases. perhaps it is a new toy, I don't know. But the best part for me is that I got it for $160 with shipping.

CDJ has this on sale for 110$, but the cheapest shipping option they give for the US is 50$ for Sal Registered.

Followed by EMS at 55$.

If it hits 110$ at HLJ I'll probably grab one.

What?! Then they ship cheaper to Sweden than to the US which is a bit strange but hey I'm not complaining. ;)

Anyone notice their decal sheet with the white off register? Mine looks like they loaded it backwards for that pass of the silkscreen. Just wondering if it's a whole batch or if I just got "lucky." Sweet bird otherwise - thanks!

VF-1S is built to order, 30th was a general release.

I think most of us said the 30th found be a failure just because the scheme is

Too much for general fans.

VF-1S left overs will only be what stock the retailers bought to sell.

Just like the VF-4, there won't be much discounting.