1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

I cut the upper part of the decal where the antenna goes in half then placed it and with the softener let it counter around it, it was not easy. I ended with some wrinkles too but near the hinge area.

I used waterslide decals, i can't possibly fathom using standard decals, they would not shape around the many curved areas.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

So Im a little late on this but I placed my order with HLJ for the VF-1J and hopefully have it delivered before the CON so i can have it autographed by Tenjin.....

Im a little worried that it wont make it on time for the flight to Cali.

My question is to all who got theirs from HLJ:

what shipping option did you pick and how long did it actually take to show up at your doorstep??

I picked the Fastest shipping thru Fed-ex which states, 2-4 days..

I know its 2-4 days from the day that it actually leaves their warehouse, but how long have these badboys been taking???

I handled mine some more and I still can't say if the parts that used to clearly be painted metal are now molded POM or metal that has been painted with a way better technique that now makes it identical to all the molded plastic parts. I mean, that seems far-fetched, but it's really that hard to tell. Has anyone tried scratching the parts to see what's underneath?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I asked. He said:

みすたーK ‏@Mrk_arcadia 3m

脚の移動に使っている「Swing bar」は「Diecast」です。ヨロシク~!

i'll convert it for you. man that tweet was good at the end saying Long live Arcadia!!! to Mr. K too funny heehee

you are using the movement of the legs "Swing bar" is "Diecast". Best regards ~!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Great review as always Jenius! Best in the business. Reminds me why I got into Macross collecting watching your videos. haha.

Don't think I'm going to open mine so it's nice to see it out of the box.

Edited by Gakken85

The paint scheme is not my cup of tea, but I do think they did a great job applying the paint and tampo printing. Also glad to hear that the swing bar is still metal, and that they improved the paint application for the metal parts. I hope they keep that in any further VF-1 reissues they do. I understand Arcadia's need to charge more to be profitable, but anything they can do to convince us that there's at least some added value in terms of design upgrades or extra accessories will go a long way in convincing those of use who own multiple VF-1s to pick up the reissues.

Great review Jenius. So this is a random question but I've always wondered why the site domain name is "anymoon.com", especially when the actual page name and YouTube channel are called "Scorched Earth Toys".

And is it weird that I find your voice oddly soothing? There's been more than a few times where I've been watching one of your video reviews late at night and have been lulled to sleep by it.

Any reason for not including Veef5's Shapeways shoulder replacements in the Aftermarket Accessories of your Yamato&Arcadia VF-1 review?

Primarily it's because I don't have any toys left with broken shoulders so I haven't had a need for those particular accessories and generally the site is stuff I've used and fiddled with. Besides, Veef has access to collectiondx which has orders of magnitude more traffic than anymoon.

Great review Jenius. So this is a random question but I've always wondered why the site domain name is "anymoon.com", especially when the actual page name and YouTube channel are called "Scorched Earth Toys".

I don't own anymoon.com so I set it up this way in case I got kicked off. Fortunately, the site now generates almost exactly as much revenue as it costs to host so it's unlikely I'll be forced to move it.

And is it weird that I find your voice oddly soothing? There's been more than a few times where I've been watching one of your video reviews late at night and have been lulled to sleep by it.

I think it's just because my video reviews are boring! That is why I make the transformation videos separate... I'm afraid I'd put everyone to sleep otherwise.