1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

Damn!! Puttin' toys in the fridge, there's some crazy sh#t going on in this thread I LIKE IT.

Thanks for the review Valkyrie addict!!

Love the grey goggles and the black side covers.

I hope the pilot seat goes back to tan on the TV releases if any.

Yes, but if you are taking "canonical" configurations into account, you would really need much less right? Like Hikaru's 1J was never seen with super parts, so you'd only need three for each mode plus one for GBP.

The 30th Anniversary scheme is already not canonical so all of that other stuff goes out the window.

Glad to hear the leg connector is not plastic. I wouldn't expect it to be though. Maybe it's just a different paint that gave it the different feel. In either case, I'm really starting to like mine. Not sure why. It's still an assault on the rods and cones in my eyeballs, but despite the Studio 54gasm that's going on with it, it does breathe celebration life into it.

I finally started handling my 30th VF-1J. Even after all these years the V2 is still a great toy. The fit, finish, and paint job are superb. I hate to go against the freezer technique but I'm pretty sure that T-bar is POM, not metal. I'll be pulling out one of my old Yammies soon to double check but I wouldn't be worried, if anything I think it's a durability improvement. The metal bar was prone to scraping and it never seemed like it was under enough pressure to break.

Mine is still trapped in it's prison. I never really had any problems with the die-cast swing bar. Has anyone tried to weight this version vs one of the older Yamato v2 1J's just to see if the weight differs? That would most likely answer the POM vs Die-cast question. I do agree though that it was never under enough pressure if any at all to crack.

Edited by Loop

I haven't unboxed mine yet but, if its painted...it ain't POM. POM aka acetal, aka delrin pretty much can't really be painted. amont affordable materials its one grade away from teflon in terms of being relativcely fricitionless. yes there are many grades of POM but i doubt there is one that is good to paint, so like i said if there is paint on that bar, it ain't POM.

I'll be interested to hear your opinion when you have one in hand.

It's very interesting that you believe it's POM, you are very versed when it comes to these toys. Although POM is very strong I still want the bar to be metal.

The whole bar system feels like POM? I mean the T-bar that goes into the nosecone but also the bar that connects the fuselage/back plate?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I may be wrong, I'll be looking at it much more closely after I get my vf27 toys put away.

if you put a kitkat next to it, it'll help reveal the material ;)

Finished with all the decals on this bird. Also added the standard VF marking decals.

The 30th anniversary logo on the fuselage and forearms need to be cut to allow transformation, otherwise you lock it in fighter mode and if you try to transform will destroy the decal, the fuselage decal was a pain to cut and fit. You also need to apply a LOT of decal softener.

In case anyone is wondering, I've transform this things over a dozen times and all the tampo is pristine.

VF-1J30TH-201_zps3077acf1.jpg

VF-1J30TH-202_zps354b9723.jpg

VF-1J30TH-203_zpsc8a80893.jpg

VF-1J30TH-204_zpsd75d7e49.jpg

VF-1J30TH-205_zpsc6b5a724.jpg

VF-1J30TH-206_zps32c0ffe8.jpg

VF-1J30TH-207_zpsae36ca80.jpg

VF-1J30TH-208_zps02f0519f.jpg

VF-1J30TH-209_zps235dd967.jpg

VF-1J30TH-210_zps434e6687.jpg

Sorry that some pics came out a bit grainy and washed out, don't know what happened to my ISO settings, realized after I passed the pics to the pc and had put everything away, too lazy to reshoot. :ph34r: