1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

Shipping was $28 via EMS from Nippon-Yasan. Done with the speculating on box size and fretting about shipping now? Good. Move on.

awe man.. popped our shipping panic rants...

ok, i checked ny it's still in pre-order stage. they might not know the actual size of the box and given the quote based on previous yamato valks...

i'm going to wait for hlj sends a shipping quote just in case

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Maybe Arcadia should hire you to pose for promotional pictures with their boxes so that they look tiny and MW forum members stop complaining about how much they're gonna have to pay in shipping charges. :D

I think you have the wrong forum. Move along. haha

Those waterslides for his legs and chest... Are they all seperated on the sheet (so you can place each and every one seperately wherever you wish), or are they all connected (you place them all in one go)?

According to Mr-K the leg ones come all connected but, of course, if you're brave and skillful enough you can easily separate them.

こんばんわ、今日はバタバタしておりましたー・・・来週は「マクロスVF-1J 30周年塗装機」が発売予定!気合入れますよ!!!

@ARCADIA_Co_Ltd

Google translate

Good evening, "30th anniversary painting machine Macross VF-1J" is released over the next week ... which had been hectic today! I put yell! ! !

こんばんわ、今日はバタバタしておりましたー・・・来週は「マクロスVF-1J 30周年塗装機」が発売予定!気合入れますよ!!!

@ARCADIA_Co_Ltd

Google translate

Good evening, "30th anniversary painting machine Macross VF-1J" is released over the next week ... which had been hectic today! I put yell! ! !

YEEESSSS !!!

Even so, I don´t want to know how much that box is going to cost to bring here to Argentina.... And I´ll have to pay for it...

Guest davidwhangchoi

Does NY change/revise shipping costs when they get it in stock and are ready to ship to you?

Because my preorders have always included shipping.

But they might have assumed it was the smaller size.

i think it could be that i'm over blowing the concern for shipping cost and that NY shipping will be as is. But i'm just saying that box is really big for just a 1/60 valk

Guest davidwhangchoi

Shipping was $28 via EMS from Nippon-Yasan. Done with the speculating on box size and fretting about shipping now? Good. Move on.

Thanks for the info... i'm confused. the first part of the post is very helpful and friendly, the second part seems to go in the opposite direction... a bit bi-polar... edited: sorry, it came off as snarky.

We're talking about shipping again? I already posted what NY was charging EMS shipping to the States. Nobody can extrapolate from that?

i'm just speculating because it's still in pre-order stage. While most places give a shipping quote afterward the item is in stock, NY gave an estimate while in pre-order stages.

like i said, it's most likely you're right and this is overblown

i'm still going to see what other places charge as i didn't pre-order from NY.

but in the end it might be a waste of breath... but that's what a thread's for... speculation/discussion/debate...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah so I guess even if I pay my NY invoice now, with the current shipping charge, I guess they reserve the right to send an additional email "sorry bro we f'ed up, it'll take an extra 1000 yen from you to ship your valk". Kinda shady but at least it's justified.

I always thought that NY shipping rates where higher then other once. Maybe that is the reason why. Let the customers pay higher shipping rates upfront and in 90 percent of all shipments they make a profit and in the other 10 percents they make a loss but overall it a good deal for the shop.

A highly speculative though and I have to admit that I've never compared shipping rates because most of the time NY was the only place where you could secure the Renewal Valkyries which are the focal point of my collection.

Arcadia via tweeter

Released today

Yup. Got an 'in stock' message from A-E already. I'm fearing those shipping costs already.

And checking my other A-E pre-orders, I see that my next pre-order to come into stock is probably Takara Masterpiece Soundwav: another toy in a hugely oversized box :angry: It's probably not even going to save me much money shipping them together.

From N-Y, pay now or else!

Hello and thank you for your order!

This product is now in stock. (1/60 VF-1J Valkyrie Macross 30th Anniversary Color)

You can pay your order by clicking "pay my order" in your account.

If we don't receive your payment BEFORE 02nd SEPTEMBER 2013 08:00 AM Japan Time, your order will be cancel.

Please understand that all your pre-order can be canceled and your account close if you don't pay this pre-order.

Edited by usagiz

They really should change that form email to use a "softer" voice but whoever wrote that is probably not a native English speaker anyway so I can't fault them for that.

Got it today. Sorry about the crappy pix as I used my Chinese tablet.

I resized all the pix.

The flap has returned...

Nice Ultimate Warrior color scheme.

I tried taking a picture of the pilot but the tablet is unable to focus very well.

The clear stand is included as promised.

The side and neck covers are very dark, probably to match its priest collar.

A view from under... Very nice... Get yours now and support Arcadia! I got it for USD150 (Converted to USD).

post-458-0-52444600-1377790268_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-28114900-1377790411_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-67609100-1377790506_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-37986400-1377790749_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-59740600-1377790766_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-50448200-1377790872_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-93088400-1377791085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bub

I think there is.

Another thing that I forgot is taking a picture of the sticker and water slideslide decal sheets. :o

Yeah the promo pics showed no tampo. I wasn't really paying attention to it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

All promo pics showed the gunpod with no tampo markings.

Waiting for payment request from HLJ for my preorders. HLJ marks the item already in stock with USD 26 bucks for EMS shipping. :p

thanks for the heads up. hlj shipping costs confirmed, whew! (Mommar you're right i give you cred, brother!)

glad they gave the option parts a dark shade as opposed to white.

Update: got my payment request. Just paid for mine.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Woohoo!! just got my request and payed for it.

40 bucks Fedex shipping for two VF-1J 30th and a few other items I had in private warehouse.

The subtle thing to notice on the pic with all the wings is how they are send to be assembled, carefully placed and housed in a plastic tray to avoid scratches and damaging the complex tampo scheme. Props to Arcadia.

Edited by Valkyrie addict