1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

VF-9! if only he could completely ignore profitability, he says. sounds like he really wants to do it but it's really unlikely. with how much valks cost i must admit i wouldn't buy a VF-9, but if it does get made it'd be really cool to see members post their pics of it on MW.

Man, I would buy the f out of a VF-9 regardless of cost. Okay that's a slight exaggeration, but only slight. For all the people who felt a VF-4 was the holy grail of Macross toys, a VF-9 would be that for me.

Back to this valk though that paint sheme without the logos actually looks nice. Reminds me of some of the Master File schemes, just a little more colorful.

Without logos is actually OK but I'm of the opinion that the major colors should be 2 or 3 different ones at most or it starts lookin like LGBT-Pride Valk (not that there's anything wrong with that other than being an eyesore :lol:)

Damn, it would be nice without that blue.

But still, better than expected.

Imagine if the blue was the same green as the vizor.

Can somebody photoshop that? haha

Edited by Gakken85

Some photos by Arcadia for those of you who prefer the rainbow valk without the logos:

attachicon.gifphoto01_L.jpg attachicon.gifphoto03_L.jpg

attachicon.gifphoto07_L.jpg attachicon.gifphoto08_L.jpg

attachicon.gifphoto10_L.jpg

Being how some of us were fooled by the Minmei guard prank.......I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Are these really Arcadia pics or is it photoshopped?

Guest davidwhangchoi

just so we can go full circle in the complaints, i like it with all the logos on and don't like it plain. i wish everything was tampo'd on.

i kid, it really doesn't look better or worse either way. but i'd rather have the logos on bc and i don't have the skills to put on water slide or any stickers neatly.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

はっ!?我が「VF-1J 30周年記念塗装機」のWEB情報に記載漏れあり。脇の下パーツとか首裏パーツとかも入ります。ヨロシク。

It is confirmed there has options parts ^^

Edited by Dark_Ghost

I just realized the reason for the tricolor. It's Roy, Hikaru and Max's iconic colors. As usual no love for Kakizaki.

They should've made it in a VF-1S instead of a J.

Kakizaki is represented: Green visor. B))

Noticed something else in the last pic with the full set of parts

The valk is TV white whit TV shade gray intake covers and thrusters but the option part urr....neck thing cover with and without the seat and one of the display adapters is DYRL shade dark gray and AMM-1 missiles are DYRL style also.

Looks like Arcadia is kit bashing the pics with leftovers.

I'm getting it for the 1982 print on the legs as it's the year I'm born in :).

JAN. '82 b-day here... interesting way of looking at it, never really thought about that. still, don't think i've much interest in owning this variant myself though...

Edited by Shaorin

Y'know - for the most part I'm congenitally opposed to the whole concept of a rainbow valk . . . . but minus all the sticker graffiti the lines and flow of the design are surprisingly well done. The sheer fact that you can put a big blaring kite emblem on the back surrounded by rainbow streamers that turns the chest into a tuxedo coat and get all of those curves to flow into each other in all three modes is pretty darn impressive.

Okay I still don't like the dark rainbow-bright color scheme, but if Tenjin was told he had to use all of those colors, he pulled it off with panache.

What can I say- my funds are such that I can only pick and choose the most essential valks to add to my collection, but this really is about as good as it is possible for a full spectrum rainbow nascross valk to look.

Edited by NeoverseOmega

Hi everyone ! I just love this Valkyrie... I´ve already preordered one....

Just like NeoverseOmega said, the flow of the lines in the different modes are a joy to see... Just look at the backpack and the tip of the rudders, or the wings !

With all the stickers it was kind of a mess, but naked its quite beatiful....

Well, now to wait. Let´s hope not much.