1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

yep, exactly same thing happened with the VF-4G, a lot of people decide to wait it out for the price, and now those people have had to pay two or three times the original price.

Thinking heavily on getting a second 1J 30th as a possible future investment/trade, but the valk is so ugly.

Well.. I'm not waiting it out on the price. I just don't want it. I still don't want a VF-4G.

The 4G had the benefit of Yamato going belly up right after it was released. People freaked out. It was a special situation and a perfect storm. Plus, it wasn't a VF-1. It's a different sculpt entirely from a video game.

If Arcadia starts pumping out fruity color schemes .. I doubt these will rocket in price. People know more are coming.. and will realize it's just another VF-1.

Plus these will have Hasegawa kits. The VF-4 didn't. That I know of. So there is a cheaper alternative.

I could see them maybe selling for $250-300 on ebay to people who don't know better. You might make $75-$100 bucks after you pay for shipping and fees if you're trying to speculate.

I could be totally wrong. They could be worth $1000's. But I doubt it.

Edited by Gakken85

I cant say I really like the paint job on it.. looks a little too busy. And whats with the tinted cockpit glass?? yuck.

On the other hand it would be good to get one being the first Valkyrie released by Arcadia and the collectible factor that would go with it of course but im just not liking the look of it at all. =(

Hopefully all those smaller decals on the chest plate and legs don't come pre-applied. Even the 30th anniversary logo on the blast shield would be good not there.

On the plus side its a "J" which are my fav variant!

The bird in the wild - courtesy of Arcadia's twitter account.

attachicon.gifIn the wild.jpg

Maybe it's the lighting but that paint scheme looks great right there, all three colors work well together. Love how deep, dark the red is. It's definitely a "show" type paint scheme. I like the swooping black tails off of the the 30th logo as well. Hopefully it doesn't all fall apart in person. Some of the promo shots didn't look as good color wise.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The bird in the wild - courtesy of Arcadia's twitter account.

attachicon.gifIn the wild.jpg

i want some nose intakes, where lasers are going to fire out off

vf1_1024_768.jpg

VF1_head_base_nose1.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

^ don't think those are lasers... Someone mentioned before that those are vernier thrusters. (I may be wrong... Was gonna check my Master file but i remmbered, i can't read Japanese, lol :D)

I'm actually liking that orange bike more than the 1J's paint scheme.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Guest davidwhangchoi

^ don't think those are lasers... Someone mentioned before that those are vernier thrusters. (I may be wrong... Was gonna check my Master file but i remmbered, i can't read Japanese, lol :D)

I'm actually liking that orange bike more than the 1J's paint scheme.

yeah, it's not realistic and prob not designed for it but the original macross anime had lasers coming out of it. i think it was the episode with the virgin road valks where miria tells max to hit the regults in the butt.

and i think i saw thrusters coming out of it as well.

A show valkyrie don't need no laser. :)

we need little red dots:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

They are thruster, the lasers were an animation mistake made like the mounted missiles on Max's tail fins.

Nippon-Yassan compensate the discount in their ridiculous shipping price.

Ugly valk but certainly an eye catcher.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Guest davidwhangchoi

here you go!

Max_Nose_Laser.jpgRick_Nose_Laser.jpg

skull 1001 is awesome. if it happened the whole episode, i consider it canon in my imaginary master files... my dvd collection ;)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

like the mounted missiles on Max's tail fins.

oh man i was looking for someone to make a custom with those missiles

i wonder if the missiles of the 30th valk are going to be black or different from the standard whites.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Maybe it's the lighting but that paint scheme looks great right there, all three colors work well together. Love how deep, dark the red is. It's definitely a "show" type paint scheme. I like the swooping black tails off of the the 30th logo as well. Hopefully it doesn't all fall apart in person. Some of the promo shots didn't look as good color wise.

yup i agree. looks better here than previously....am i takling myself into liking what i've alrady preorderd? not sure . lol

Guest davidwhangchoi

They are thruster, the lasers were an animation mistake made like the mounted missiles on Max's tail fins.

Nippon-Yassan compensate the discount in their ridiculous shipping price.

Ugly valk but certainly an eye catcher.

yeah valk addict gave us the heads up!

I will let this one pass. If it does not sell well, I am sure you will see it on future HLJ discounts for US$100 or less.

If it gets sold out, good for Arcadia and for us who are waiting for more Macross toys.

The VF-4 is the only valk I regret not buying. Arcadia, reissue the VF-4 please. Paint it pink, Hello Kitty scheme if you want to and I will still buy it.

Edited by takatoys

VF-4 reissue is the only valk I regret not buying. Arcadia, reissue the VF-4 please. Paint it pink, Hello Kitty scheme if you want to and I will still buy it.

They would sell a lot if they made a Hello Kitty one... lol.