1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

Just placed a pre order with AMIAMI, wasn't really sold on the scheme but when I saw the preorder option available I just jumped on it....must be all those damn Bandai Valks training me to never pass on a preorder that is available.....

I'm starting to guess...

A) no option parts

B) Arcadia is going to release a stand, since the description says stand attachment.

C) And possibly no gunpod? Anyone else notice that?

付属品:ガンポッド、ミサイルポッド、3連式対空ミサイル、搭乗用パイロットフィギュア、TV版ポージング用ハンドパーツ、専用簡易スタンド、スタンド用アタッチメント、マーキングステッカー、水転写デカール、取扱説明書

Accessories: gun pods, missile pod, 3-barreled anti-aircraft missiles, boarding pilot figure, TV version poses for hand parts, only simple stand, stand for attachment, marking stickers, water transfer decals, instruction manual

付属品:ガンポッド、ミサイルポッド、3連式対空ミサイル、搭乗用パイロットフィギュア、TV版ポージング用ハンドパーツ、専用簡易スタンド、スタンド用アタッチメント、マーキングステッカー、水転写デカール、取扱説明書

Accessories: gun pods, missile pod, 3-barreled anti-aircraft missiles, boarding pilot figure, TV version poses for hand parts, only simple stand, stand for attachment, marking stickers, water transfer decals, instruction manual

Judging by that translation, that's good news. I'm glad to see that they didn't skimp out on the extras.

Isn't this the first Yamato valk to come with water-slide decals? Doesn't that all but confirm that all of those detailed markings are decals and not painted on?

No, the unassembled kit has water-slide decals too. IIRC the weathering version also come with one.

only simple stand.

alright, thats the one i posted above, :lol::lol::lol:

this is nicely done, must pose at this angle.

972296_567354696642156_1625020474_n.jpg

I went back and cancelled my pre-order. The more I look at it the less I want it. Even at $140.. I could put that to a Yamato release I want.

The "stand" is the cheapest goofiest thing I've ever seen, and the scheme is just.. ugly beyond belief.

I know the argument that we should buy anything they release to "support" macross toys, but I don't buy that at all.

I'll only support it, if it's a quality product. No need to reward them for a hack job off a Hasegawa kit.

I could always buy an unpainted kit and spray paint random blobs of color on it. haha

Edited by Gakken85

I went back and cancelled my pre-order. The more I look at it the less I want it. Even at $140.. I could put that to a Yamato release I want.

Honestly to me $140 is way too much. It'd have to be at least an awesome color scheme (eg low viz ver1) for me to spend that on a fast pack less vf-1 that isn't rare.

i am going to preorder this purely to send them a message that macross valks sell. of course i may resell it since i've not quite warmed up to the scheme yet though that may change? i do like how each series is shown there though. i really think they shoul dhave picked a better color scheme though. i am really torn. part of me doesn't believe in buying this JUST to show them macross products are viable business but part of me thinks if this doesn't sell well then we are maybe in a world of hurt for new macross items from arcadia.

just like the VF-4G....their MSRP reflects what they need to sell the valk for based on the number they have already decided to produce.....so whether we buy it or not...Arcadia will still make their bottom line on it.....the only group that can potentially be hurt are the retailers...but then again, they will just discount it to break even.....if we see this on a future HLJ fire sale...then we will know it was not well-received by the fans....which means "here we go again" ;)

just like the VF-4G....their MSRP reflects what they need to sell the valk for based on the number they have already decided to produce.....so whether we buy it or not...Arcadia will still make their bottom line on it.....the only group that can potentially be hurt are the retailers...but then again, they will just discount it to break even.....if we see this on a future HLJ fire sale...then we will know it was not well-received by the fans....which means "here we go again" ;)

its a cycle though. if its not well received HLJ (and other retailers) will order less and less with each not well received toy, up until the point where the retialers would order so little that the volume that would be sold would not justify cost of the production / release. that being said...i just preorderd one on anime export.

It just seems like a cash grab to me. They know the market is there or rare valks wouldn't be going for 4 times their value. They aren't stupid. Reward them for making items fans want, not just throwing something at the wall and hoping it sticks. Honestly, how many vf1s do you have? If the paint job isn't attractive why buy it? But its up to each collector and what value they see. Somebody may think this is the best valk evaarrr.

Also, who knows how their Qa and packaging will pan out? Ill let you guys be the guinea pigs this time around :0

Edited by Gakken85

I know the argument that we should buy anything they release to "support" macross toys, but I don't buy that at all.

I'll only support it, if it's a quality product. No need to reward them for a hack job off a Hasegawa kit.

It's all good man, you're not alone in not wanting this thing. I only buy the valks that I really want and that I'd be happy to display in my home and this bird doesn't fit that bill at all. I'm hoping that Arcadia has other cards up their sleeves because I will never own one of these. I also don't believe that in order to support Macross toys you need to go out and blindly purchase every awful edition that comes down the pipeline and that's what this is - to me at least - an awful edition.

Hopefully round 2 is better - if there is a round 2.

its a cycle though. if its not well received HLJ (and other retailers) will order less and less with each not well received toy, up until the point where the retialers would order so little that the volume that would be sold would not justify cost of the production / release. that being said...i just preorderd one on anime export.

Yep....which is why I added the "here we go again" blurb...

It sounds bad to say you need to "blindly" support these releases, however, without enough people doing "close" to that....the line will abruptly end again...

It is what it is...

Pre-ordered 2....I want Arcadia to keep pumping out new, never made before VFs...even if at a limited release....made to order....or via exclusive partnerships and collaborations.....

Still hoping for a TV SDF-1.....