1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary

Dark_Ghost

to 16,590 yen, this is the expensive decals

Ouch that's quite pricy. Wonder whether there's any difference to Yamato 1/60. At that price I rather spend on Bandai if you can get them at RRP.

If VF is made ​​by Arcadia, then there should not be any difference, they have bought Yamato. Edited by Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

looks black where the option parts go? i wonder if that's the shadow of the photo or a set dark option parts under the armpit

to 16,590 yen, this is the expensive decalsIf VF is made ​​by Arcadia, then there should not be any difference, they have bought Yamato.

Just curious whether there is any difference given the price difference from Yamato. Yamato VF-1 RRP was 9,800 Yen, this appear to retail at 15,800 (with 5% tax = 16,590). Huge price increase. Perhaps this is the price Arcadia need to charge to be profitable.

Did Arcadia need to bend over even more for the license??? :unsure:

Speculation will make this thing sell-out......

We'll find out when the first "regular" release is announced I suppose......30000JPY each for a Max or Miria??? :rolleyes:

Maybe Arcadia has been keeping an eye on the "market".....

Edited by jvmacross

Ok, I want one, and that had better be 100% tampo printing! It seems like a good way for Arcadia to test the Macross toy market waters... I hope they don't start down the path to repaint VF-1 with random artist designs.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Does it mention anywhere that it's a limited run though?

even if we're not sure how many they will print, i'm pretty sure it'll be out of print after the 30th anniversary (this year) is over.

question is will it sit like the 1/48 vf-1s black gold or will it sell out and enhance collectibility

Decals?

I hope the Battroid's chest is decals, more black in that area would look better!

But I LOVE the head!!!..( Battroid's head that is..)

I hope the Battroid's chest is decals, more black in that area would look better!

That Red Striped head looks slick doesn't it? More black on the chest would make it look even more Tux-like too. LOL

It's great to see that the line looks like it will continue, but that is one gnarly looking bird! It'd be nice if Arcadia chimed in with a VF-4 release to reassure the collector base. Plus I'd like to have one without shelling out $800+.

I asked a friend and they mean the sticker sheets... like these will come with option parts and sticker sheets.

I guess I'll skip this one. The thing just doesn't look right, specially in fighter mode. Way too many decals, stickers or whatever the hell they are. Looks more like Nascar than Macross.

Guest davidwhangchoi

if they make a limited supply i'm in, collectible and rare qualities draw me in:) i like things that are hard to get. Makes ugly look pretty.

i wonder why japanese company like yamato/arcadia spend so little on marketing. with the price of the item they are selling, cant they just do more on the marketing?

look at the news we are having, just a small piece of news from a magazine. sigh. will arcadia bankrupt again?

imagine arcadia just bought over yamato, a big come back with nice advertisement to make everybody waiting, that would make sense right?

Well they did say 1 to 2 valks per year and looking at their new price point perhaps they are still testing the waters to see if the business plan makes sense. I'm willing to bet they are still focusing much of their energy on the figures though.

Going to have to pass on this one I'm afraid. It'll still sell well I hope, as the fandom's pretty keen on any new valk at the moment.