Star Wars Rebels - animated series

I kinda fell behind after seeing the first few episodes of season 3 (toddlers will do that to you), so when I saw TIE Defenders in this trailer, I squealed like a little girl. I am not at all ashamed of this.

On 10/4/2016 at 1:21 PM, Tking22 said:

Still loving Rebels, and yeah, that second episode had a doozy in it. At this point I can admit I'm in the tin foil hat group that believes Ezra becomes Snoke, I see the pieces falling into place, more and more of it is making sense. Good stuff Rebels, keep it coming.

Apologies for responding to an older post, but I think they put that to rest that Ezra does not become Snoke right? Ā Something about Snoke being a really old being from Jakku or something?

Ā 

Anyway, all caught up to the latest episode of Rebels, pretty awesome. Ā Why does Forest Whitaker seem like he forgot how to do his Saw Gerera voice/accent from Rogue One?

1 hour ago, peter said:

Apologies for responding to an older post, but I think they put that to rest that Ezra does not become Snoke right? Ā Something about Snoke being a really old being from Jakku or something?

Ā 

Anyway, all caught up to the latest episode of Rebels, pretty awesome. Ā Why does Forest Whitaker seem like he forgot how to do his Saw Gerera voice/accent from Rogue One?

Remember he doesn't look like he is as messed up, physically, as he is in R1. Something pretty nasty has to happen to him that will make him loose his legs and also require the routine use of a breather.

Chris

31 minutes ago, azrael said:

IIRC, Rebels takes place 5 years before Ep 4 (at the start of the series).

What's the best guess about where in the timeline Season 3 is? Ā Ezra looks older, so maybe two or three years have passed since the start of the series? Ā We're catching up to the events of Rogue One, but can't figure out how far off that is. Ā Obi Wan already looks pretty old, and from the trailer, he sounds pretty close to Sir Alex Guinness.

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Remember he doesn't look like he is as messed up, physically, as he is in R1. Something pretty nasty has to happen to him that will make him loose his legs and also require the routine use of a breather.

Chris

I'm pretty sure we got a hint of his breathing condition at the end of the second episode from Saturday. I remember reading a Rogue One companion book or something that said Saw's breathing condition came from being exposed to some kind of toxin or gas on Geonosis. I believe I remember Saw breathing pretty rough at the end of the second episode, I'm pretty sure the circular poison canisters that the Empire used to wipe out the Geonosians was what he caught a whiff of. As for legs and other injuries? We may see sometime in the future if he makes another appearance on Rebels, and if not, he gets into enough crazy stuff that I can imagine several ways he will end up getting further injuries. What I really liked about this two parter was how they had zero problem showing Saw as an honestly very unstable, and probably not really trust worthy solider in the Rebellion. I mean, taking a baby queen hostage at gun point? That's pretty crazy. So is his constant push, push, push attitude. Saw seems effective when necessary, but the guy also seems like a giant hazard/issue waiting to happen.

2 hours ago, peter said:

Ā 

I'd chalk up the slightly off voice to him not having his breathing condition quite yet, years of that and I'm sure his voice would get much hazier and more rough.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I'd chalk up the slightly off voice to him not having his breathing condition quite yet, years of that and I'm sure his voice would get much hazier and more rough.

That's what I was saying. ;)

Chris

Just caught up with SWR....I am really enjoying it. Ā I like how they are handling the Force and it's various users and groups. Ā It helps make some sense to the stuff being referred to in the new Disney SW films (new SW canon).

I really like Ahsoka....when she tells Vader she is no Jedi....it gave me hope that she is still around post ROTJ.....since Yoda would technically be correct in saying Luke was the last "Jedi".....which means even Ezra could show up before the Skywalker saga is concluded.....

Ā 

So we got a good look at Thrawn's ship:

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/reb_ca_2032_4d4e210d.jpeg

(notĀ embedded just in case people consider it a spoiler)Ā 

Is it the Chimaera?Ā Ā  I thought it looked more like simply "twisting serpents" in the episode, and maybe even Ysalamiri.Ā Ā  But now having the actual artwork to see---I'm not sure.Ā Ā 

:edit:Ā  Keeping with the theme---perhaps Medusa?Ā  (look around the reactor dome)

• 1 month later...

Woohoo! Ā Such a great show. Ā Definitely want to see what happens next in the character arcs. Ā I almost careĀ more about these characters than the stuff in the movies!

On ā€Ž3ā€Ž/ā€Ž3ā€Ž/ā€Ž2017 at 0:37 PM, azrael said:

This is expected but still welcome news, this show is great.

Ā I have to wonder, this show has to have what, 2 seasons left max? We seem to be nearing end game content as of today's episode. We're getting really close to the events of Rogue One at this point and we're seeing more and more familiar faces. Also on a small note, didn't Leia tell Tarkin Dantooine was the location of the Rebel base in ANH? I guess that's where they're heading now and they'll eventually have to be leaving for Yavin. Also, I'm pretty sure the VA for Mon Mothma was the same actress from Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One. Either way, awesome episode, and next week is looking like a doozy.

They're absolutely nailing Thrawn's character!Ā  He's been easily one of the highlights of this season.

Kinda wish there was just a little more that came out of Sabine's darksaber arc.Ā  But I guess we can kill all those

Spoiler

Sabine's Mom = Bo Katan

rumors now that after these last few eps.

Glad it's confirmed that we're getting a fourth season.

Edited by Mog

19 hours ago, Tking22 said:

This is expected but still welcome news, this show is great.

Ā I have to wonder, this show has to have what, 2 seasons left max? We seem to be nearing end game content as of today's episode. We're getting really close to the events of Rogue One at this point ...

True, but there is no rule that would prevent Disney from continuing the series -- if it's making them money -- past Rogue One, ANH, or even ESB, as long as they don't interweave too much,or directly, into events shown in the movies; after all, the Rebellion's struggle against the Empire is bound to have many fronts.

As mentioned earlier, Rebels is fast approaching the events of Rogue One, but I could accept it if they decide to catch up and continue with the series. Ā 

Ā 

I'm pretty sure this was some sort of easter egg from Clone Wars:

PQRYUJl.jpg

These two weren't identified, but they clearly bear a strong resemblance as two characters we are all familiar with.

Ā 

This is a good chance to fill in the blanks between ANH, ESB and ROTJ in the form of side stories.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

Today's episode Twin Suns, was the Maul/OB1 showdown. Ā And the last scene....it's all coming so close to the beginning of Eps 4. Ā  Ā Ezra and KananĀ don't have much time life. Ā 

Except we get another season......so who's to really say? I will say this, all that build up for this episode and what we all wanted was over in 5 seconds. I felt pretty let down honestly. BUT Stephen Stanton I think was this name, did a great Alex Guinness.

I absolutely LOVED the fight. It seemed more "real" to me, like this is how masters would really through down.Ā Also did you notice that Maul tried to use the same move on Kenobi that he used to kill Qui-Gon. The production team pointed that out in an interview on the Star Wars show. Don't get me wrong, I like big fight sequences too, but something that takes likeĀ 3 moves seemed very appropriate to me.Ā 

Chris

4 hours ago, Dobber said:

I absolutely LOVED the fight. It seemed more "real" to me, like this is how masters would really through down.Ā Also did you notice that Maul tried to use the same move on Kenobi that he used to kill Qui-Gon. The production team pointed that out in an interview on the Star Wars show. Don't get me wrong, I like big fight sequences too, but something that takes likeĀ 3 moves seemed very appropriate to me.Ā 

Chris

Yup. Ā I don't need a stupid flashing twirly fight (Revenge of the Sith...blegh). Ā Obi Wan and Maul is just closure. Ā Quick and decisive is exactly how I wanted this confrontation.

Ā 

16 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Except we get another season......so who's to really say? I will say this, all that build up for this episode and what we all wanted was over in 5 seconds.

One extra season for them to wrap up their deaths....or them leaving the Jedi.

The only ones that need to stay are

Hera, Chopper and the ship. And possibly Rex.

The rest can either go their own way or die. Sabine's story can end this season. In fact, it probably should.

I just watched it and thought it was a good end to the Maul/ Kenobi feud. BTW: Does anyone else think that just maybe, they may segue way after Rebels into the adventures of the Original Trilogy? I was thinking the parts between the movies.

9 hours ago, Dobber said:

Chris

Can't agree more. I see some aren't happy with the fight, they wished it was longer and maybe a bit flashier, but I can't disagree more, I think the fight the way we got it was perfect. Obi-Wan doesn't have time for flash anymore, this is his final, most important mission. He knows how Maul is, and how persistent he can be, that's why when he mentioned protecting "someone" Obi-Wan had to end it quick. The fight was perfect, and touching. I loved how when they squared off Obi-Wan started in the Ewan McGregor prequel/Clones Wars two finger point pose, then settled into the Episode IV Alec Guinness pose, bridging the gap and reminding us once again, Obi-Wan doesn't have time for flash, these are two old masters, and they need to end this. I also loved Maul's moment, very Sith to the end, "He will avenge us", that's still his line of thinking, Jedi or not, someone will kill the damn Emperor. I know many hated brining Maul back, but what they did with him in the Clone Wars animated series absolutely redeemed his character, and made him into something to truly care about, and all of that got wrapped up nicely with a bow, with his most infamous rival no less. it was brilliant.

I was one that also thought it was lame how they brought Maul back. Ā However, his return basically mapped out what we are to expect from the future of Star Wars. Basically, the Jedi/Sith battle is over or soon will be....but the war between the Light and the Dark continues....and there may be forces much worse than the Sith in this new Sequel/Post-sequel era. Ā We shall see.

Also, thought it was interesting how Ezra made no mention that Kenobi was alive. Ā Plus, he now has the Sith Holocron again?Ā 

Finally, how old was Luke in that final scene? Ā Was hard to tell but the way he ran back when "mommy" called...I would say not a teenager?

What a great show Rebels has turned out to be. Ā Looking forward to Season 4!

Ā 

Edited by jvmacross

^^Considering that Luke and Leia are twins . . . . I can't imagine that Luke is that young.

We already saw Leia in Rebels, and she either looked just a bit younger than Ezra or about the same age as him.

Either Luke is a teenager too, or Leia got some of her momma's "I look a lot older than I really am" genes. :unknw:

BTW, really enjoyed BSG Crashdown's "KENOBI!!!!!!!" scream.Ā  Really nailed how obsessed Maul became over the years.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Can't agree more. I see some aren't happy with the fight, they wished it was longer and maybe a bit flashier, but I can't disagree more, I think the fight the way we got it was perfect. Obi-Wan doesn't have time for flash anymore, this is his final, most important mission. He knows how Maul is, and how persistent he can be, that's why when he mentioned protecting "someone" Obi-Wan had to end it quick. The fight was perfect, and touching. I loved how when they squared off Obi-Wan started in the Ewan McGregor prequel/Clones Wars two finger point pose, then settled into the Episode IV Alec Guinness pose, bridging the gap and reminding us once again, Obi-Wan doesn't have time for flash, these are two old masters, and they need to end this. I also loved Maul's moment, very Sith to the end, "He will avenge us", that's still his line of thinking, Jedi or not, someone will kill the damn Emperor. I know many hated brining Maul back, but what they did with him in the Clone Wars animated series absolutely redeemed his character, and made him into something to truly care about, and all of that got wrapped up nicely with a bow, with his most infamous rival no less. it was brilliant.

Agreed.

Obi-wan is just so much further into the Force now than Maul is. While Maul just keeps spinning his wheels in his same muck, it seemsĀ Kenobi has just moved to the next level. He basicallyĀ said as much to him when Maul commented "Look what you've become, an old desert rat" and Obi-wan simply responds "Look what I've avoided."Ā Mauls face was priceless after that remark. I really think Obi-WanĀ had no intention of fighting Maul,Ā but as was stated,Ā after Maul deduced he was protecting someone, Kenobi basically decided this man has to die. The stare down between the 2 led me to think the 2 masters where playing out the fight in their heads, like chess-masters,Ā before the fist move was taken.Ā I also really liked how he started with his McGregor stance and then transitioned into the more Guinness stance. To me it looked like he then settled into a Qui-Gon pose...perhaps laying a trap for Maul. Ā Judging how Maul tried the same trick he used on Qui-Gon, it seemed as though it worked.

Ā 

Man we need an Obi-Wan standalone movie. There is a novel that came out just before Disney purged the expanded universe titled Kenobi that would be the PERFECT foundation for a Kenobi movie. It was tragic showing his struggle early on in his banishment. So much can be done with him on Tatooine.

Edited by Dobber