Star Wars Rebels - animated series

Hell, one of the central themes of Rogue One completely contradicts what we have seen in Rebels:

LOL....the "canon" is falling apart already?....I knew nothing good would come out of Disney taking over the franchise....all they did was pour out the old pitcher of EU Kool-Aid and replaced it with a "new and improved" pitcher of EU Kool-Aid....now with less Lucas...so it HAS TO BE GOOD!!! :lol:

I wonder if it will be revealed that Mon Mothma is a priestess in the Church of the Force?

3a1.jpg

My kids love those books.

When my daughter was about a year old I found this Star Wars sound book on sale at a Home Goods. She loved playing the sounds and even mimicked Jabba's laugh, lol. In the end it got annoying as she constantly had me and my wife read the book to her so we put it away and cycled in new sound books but they never kept her attention like the Star Wars book did.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Sound-Storybook-Treasury/dp/1503700291/ref=pd_sim_sbs_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=61JaRh9gYGL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR137%2C160_&refRID=0YTAP187P9N1AQ9RTEHX

Vader was a great parent!

He's an absolute paragon of "tough love" parenting.

• He put his daughter on lockdown, when she started getting too rebellious;
  • He wasn't afraid to call her on her BS ("You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!");
  • He taught her the consequence of lying, when she told that "little" lie about the Rebel base on Dantooine;
  • When things got serious between her and that scruffy-looking nerfherder, Vader properly vetted the dude and made sure his intentions were honorable;
  • When his son started to act like he knew it all and thought he had some Jedi skills, Papa Vader knocked him down a few pegs;
  • When his son came of age, Vader tried to counsel him with some smart career options, in light of the current political and social climate; and
  • When he saw someone else harshly punishing his son, he stood up for his son and put that person in their place.

Because disciplining his kids is Papa Vader's responsibility and no one else's!

:D

Vader was a great parent!

He's an absolute paragon of "tough love" parenting.

• He put his daughter on lockdown, when she started getting too rebellious;
  • He wasn't afraid to call her on her BS ("You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!");
  • He taught her the consequence of lying, when she told that "little" lie about the Rebel base on Dantooine;
  • When things got serious between her and that scruffy-looking nerfherder, Vader properly vetted the dude and made sure his intentions were honorable;
  • When his son started to act like he knew it all and thought he had some Jedi skills, Papa Vader knocked him down a few pegs;
  • When his son came of age, Vader tried to counsel him with some smart career options, in light of the current political and social climate; and
  • When he saw someone else harshly punishing his son, he stood up for his son and put that person in their place.
Because disciplining his kids is Papa Vader's responsibility and no one else's!

:D

Funny! Though, it was Tarkin that taught her the consequence of lying about the base location, not Vader. ;)

Chris

Funny! Though, it was Tarkin that taught her the consequence of lying about the base location, not Vader. ;)

Chris

Not really, he taught her that no matter what she said their would be no consequence - the worst was going to happen either way. (he did not know she had lied when they blew up Alderaan)

Oh yeah, I forgot they found out about the lie after Alderaan. I'm not understanding the rest of your post though.

I'm remarking on the post that said "He taught her the consequence of lying, when she told that "little" lie about the Rebel base on Dantooine"

Vader had nothing (that we saw) to do with the decision to go to Alderaan, blow it up, or order her execution after. That was all Tarkin.

If you mean the fact that he interrogated her before that, then I agree. Again, I am and was speaking to what was in the original funny post.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Oh yeah, I forgot they found out about the lie after Alderaan. I'm not understanding the rest of your post though.

I'm remarking on the post that said "He taught her the consequence of lying, when she told that "little" lie about the Rebel base on Dantooine"

Vader had nothing (that we saw) to do with the decision to go to Alderaan, blow it up, or order her execution after. That was all Tarkin.

If you mean the fact that he interrogated her before that, then I agree. Again, I am and was speaking to what was in the original funny post.

Chris

Vader's position within the Empire is very vague in ANH. He can't overrule Tarkin (and Leia even has a quip to Tarkin about "holding Vader's leash"), but he seems to be able to do what he wants. I assume he answers only to the Emperor. Alderaan was indeed all Tarkin, though.

True, it was Tarkin's move.

But it wasn't like Vader disagreed with the move.

Besides, it's a great tactic by Papa V.!

He gets rid of the bad influences, filling his daughter's head with such silly drivel as Republics, democracy, and such.

And he has plausible deniability. He can just tell Leia: "Hey! It wasn't my idea to blow up Alderaan. That was all Tarkin. Maybe if you had told the truth earlier . . ."

• 3 months later...

Dang, Kanan's going full-Kenobi with that beard!

Curious about the return of Pre Vizsla's darksaber too.

Glad to see the blue-skinned tactician push his way back into canon.

So, does this mean there's a chance we'll see Emperor Palpy pick up some Force-sensitive, red-haired girl down the line? :p

I almost soiled myself at the Thrawn reveal honestly.. I'm not getting my hopes up -too- much that they're dragging that much of the EU in, but Thrawn was always a pretty independent element that could play on his own. It just makes me happy that they've got Zahn working on material for the new canon.

Just counting the movies, I don't think there's actually that much that conflicts with the original Thrawn trilogy, but with newer books already written, I don't know how much they can add in before things start directly contradicting each other.

Edited by Chronocidal

I almost soiled myself at the Thrawn reveal honestly.. I'm not getting my hopes up -too- much that they're dragging that much of the EU in, but Thrawn was always a pretty independent element that could play on his own. It just makes me happy that they've got Zahn working on material for the new canon.Just counting the movies, I don't think there's actually that much that conflicts with the original Thrawn trilogy, but with newer books already written, I don't know how much they can add in before things start directly contradicting each other.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. The Solo children would be the main thing in the Thrawn trilogy. From what I remember most everything else could still fit in post Jedi but before TFA. I know the Thrawn trilogy isn't canon just sayin is all. I do believe a few books DO contradict them though, and the new novels are considered canon. I'm REALLY looking forward to Zahns new Thrawn novel that is coming out next year. That WILL be canon...along with Clone Wars.

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's already up on DisneyXD's site, just watched it. Quick spoiler-free opinion:

It's mainly just setting up a whole lot of other things I think. A few good moments, but don't expect anything as awesome as the Season 2 finale.

You still have to put your Cable provider into the sight and if you don't have XD they wont let you watch it.

Still loving Rebels, and yeah, that second episode had a doozy in it. At this point I can admit I'm in the tin foil hat group that believes Ezra becomes Snoke, I see the pieces falling into place, more and more of it is making sense. Good stuff Rebels, keep it coming.

• 2 months later...