Star Wars Rebels - animated series

18 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I hope the next series will include a new style of animation. The current CGI is getting tired.

The trailer says otherwise. But it's the last season anyways.

On 3/30/2017 at 6:37 PM, Mommar said:

Good, Timothy Zahns three sequels are the best things ever made outside of the original trilogy.

The Thrawn books need to become canon; they were IMO some of the best Star Wars writing I've ever read.

• 4 months later...

Good to see so many elements from Rogue One making their way onto the small screen -- Death Troopers, U-Wings, Saw Garrera, even mention of Krennic's "Stardust."

Disney's gonna have to keep a tight rein on continuity!

• 4 months later...

Beat me to it with the trailer. The hype is real, I can't wait, it's all coming to an end. I remember those non Sith or Jedi beings in several Clone Wars episodes, they are some kind of beings that balance the force but aren't dark or light side, Mortis Elders or Gods or something if I remember right. Plus Sidious? We all knew he would make an appearance sooner or later. After being pretty bummed by the newer live action movies, this series is what I may actually physically NEED in order to get my quality Star Wars fix.

My two year old will be bummed out when Rebels ends.  She loves Chopper and "Ezba".

IMG_20180119_153051_2.jpg.9117e8f2586a8cfba9af39a2550005db.jpg

I've really enjoyed the series myself; like Clone Wars it kind of started slow but ramped up into something good.  But they'd been writing stories that have been getting closer and closer to A New Hope that you knew it had to end sooner or later.

Really hope the next Star Wars series is as good as Rebels and Clone Wars.

4 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Is this show streaming anywhere?

Not for free, if that's what you mean. Maybe when Disney launches their new service? I gave up and started buying it on Google Play.

(Pro tip: Google Play purchases play on YouTube, so they're watchable on pretty much everything.)

1 minute ago, mikeszekely said:

Not for free, if that's what you mean. Maybe when Disney launches their new service? I gave up and started buying it on Google Play.

(Pro tip: Google Play purchases play on YouTube, so they're watchable on pretty much everything.)

Well, i was hoping something like Netflix. I don't have enough interest to buy this outright but if it's on a streaming service I already pay for, then I might.

13 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Is this show streaming anywhere?

5 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

The show is available for free streaming at https://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/star-wars-rebels.  Fully up to date and in HD, for the most part.

Enjoy!^_^

• 1 month later...

So the second half of the last season debuted tonight, did anyone else catch it?

I'm not going to divulge any spoilers, but I will say this: the first episode's climax was a ballsy move by the writers on a "kids' " show... consequential and emotionally impact-full, bravo! 

We all knew something like that would happen.

Perhaps that's Ezra's destiny. He has to stay at the Jedi temple just like Ahsoka had to stay at the Sith Temple. It's his destiny to guard the temple (and perhaps bury himself in it, keeping it out of everyone's hands).

Nice to know that the TIE Defender project was a competing for funding against the Death Star-project. And we all know how much Thron hates to lose.

12 hours ago, mechaninac said:

So the second half of the last season debuted tonight, did anyone else catch it?

I'm not going to divulge any spoilers, but I will say this: the first episode's climax was a ballsy move by the writers on a "kids' " show... consequential and emotionally impact-full, bravo! 

Yeah, watched it last night.  Was wondering how they were going to do it.

Loved the two new episodes, I think Jedi Knight might be one of the best Rebels episodes ever in my opinion. Very ballsy for a kids show, but unfortunately we all knew it was coming eventually, still a gut punch, then it cuts to the Rebels logo and ashes... Also, I REALLY love that they kind of tried to downplay Krennic and his "stardust", and instead remind people of the importance of the Tie Defender project. We all know how powerful the Death Star is, blow up a planet yada yada yada, but could you imagine what the Imperial Fleet would do with mass produced Tie Defenders? I feel that could have crippled the Rebellion LONG before the Death Star. Tie Defenders would effectively nullify the one small advantage the Rebels have in space combat, their fighters. I am loving what they have done with Thrawn, he's fantastic.

Spoiler

Even though you could kinda, sorta see Kanan saying his goodbyes earlier in the episode, it was still a gut punch when the moment came. 

But if you gotta go out, that's one hell of a way to do it!

Loved all the reactions from the crew afterwards, as well.

And I'm pretty sure Thrawn's none too pleased to be adding "Repair Fuel Depot - $12 Billion Galactic Credits" to his proposal to good ol' Palpy.

Edited by Mog

On 1/19/2018 at 4:08 PM, mikeszekely said:

My two year old will be bummed out when Rebels ends.  She loves Chopper and "Ezba".

IMG_20180119_153051_2.jpg.9117e8f2586a8cfba9af39a2550005db.jpg

I've really enjoyed the series myself; like Clone Wars it kind of started slow but ramped up into something good.  But they'd been writing stories that have been getting closer and closer to A New Hope that you knew it had to end sooner or later.

Really hope the next Star Wars series is as good as Rebels and Clone Wars.

Oh man, she is half Asian right? She looks so much like my daughter when she was at that age!

My Son and Daughter like Rebels too. They are pretty sad that k died.

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

Oh man, she is half Asian right? She looks so much like my daughter when she was at that age!

My Son and Daughter like Rebels too. They are pretty sad that k died.

Yeah, I'm mostly Hungarian and German, my wife is Chinese. Emma's got her mom's nose and eyes, but my, "I know I'm making trouble but I'm too cute for you to be mad" smile.

14 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Good episodes. Rebels is more Star Wars than the new trilogy IMHO.

I just hope a new series will ditch the CGI.

Unfortunately agreed, the new trilogy isn't really doing anything for me, but Rebels? This show is the business. Like Clone Wars, a little rocky at first, but it grew into something truly special, and it seems like it's ready to end on a high note.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:48 PM, TangledThorns said:

Rebels is more Star Wars than the new trilogy IMHO.

That's because The Force Awakens was a two-hour "what if we did all the stuff you liked in Episode IV again?" fanfiction, and The Last Jedi was two hours of "screw fan expectations, I'm dumping everything and and making a whole movie about the good guys running from the bad guys."

I liked Rogue One, though.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:48 PM, TangledThorns said:

I just hope a new series will ditch the CGI.

As cool as a live-action Star Wars would be, it'd also be super expensive to make, I'd bet.  

11 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Well, tonight's episodes were... trippy...

And the final episode is next Monday.  I'm going to miss this show; it is, to me, the only current visual story-telling part of the property where the true "spirit" of Star Wars exists.

I haven't watched it yet, but saw the trailer, definitely looked like someone might have been high when they wrote it.  They've got one more episode to wrap the series up and I was hoping they'd go out with bang, but it looks like it will fizzle out with a wheeze.  Hope I'm wrong. 

Edited by peter