Star Wars Rebels - animated series

New Star Wars Rebels preview, why did they have to make the Stormtroopers Droid-trooper stupid? That was the most annoying thing about the prequels and now they had to inflict that kind of stupidity on the Storm Troopers...

(I'm speaking in specific about the bomb)

New Star Wars Rebels preview, why did they have to make the Stormtroopers Droid-trooper stupid? That was the most annoying thing about the prequels and now they had to inflict that kind of stupidity on the Storm Troopers...

(I'm speaking in specific about the bomb)

This show has first season Clone Wars written all over it. Nigh unwatchable/

Ok.. I'm sorry, not feeling this after watching the trailers. Looks to "kiddy", which I get that's what they are going for I guess, but I loved Clone Wars because it was a good mix of lighter kid episodes and some hard core Jedi/Sith stuff. And OMFG...the lead jedi kid LOOKS LIKE ALADDIN IN AN X-WING SUIT! :lol::lol::(

And OMFG...the lead jedi kid LOOKS LIKE ALADDIN IN AN X-WING SUIT! :lol::lol::(

I thought the exact same thing!

Im just glad a new star wars series is coming out. I don't doubt it will have growing pains but I hope it will work itself out like the clone wars.

People who saw the hour-long opener for the show have generally had a completely different take on what they've seen than what we are getting out of the trailers. Perhaps we should just wait to see it before passing judgement. Fail trailers can be fail.

So, Luminara survived order 66... I wonder if they will have any episodes showing what happened to other Clone Wars characters, namely Asoka and Ventress.

Possibly, Ahsoka appear in this series.

Because she saw a older version of herself.

http://atthebuzzerpodcast.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/gallery12.jpg

Edited by Old_Nash

• 2 weeks later...

A Force Sensitive.

Oh yeah, I realized that. I was just mocking the dialog. Guess I should've used quotes.

"Who is that kid?"

"Who are those guys?"

"Who is that kid?"

"Who ARE you?"

OK, we get it, you don't know who each other are!

I want to like this. I like the design work. I'm gonna wait until it's polished and give it some time to grow before I can say for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anything, this Rebels series hints at what to expect from the sequel trilogy......mainly how ineffective apparently the Jedi purge seems to have been....maybe that is why the emperor needed the "Inquisitor".... :rolleyes:

So I guess if the sequel trilogy indeed takes place 30+ years after ROTJ....we should expect plenty of Jedi to have emerged after the emperor was "killed"...

Guess they'll have to re-edit Yoda's last words on a future ROTJ release....."When gone I am....among the last of the Jedi will you be" ;)

Is this really the direction things have gone?

Jedi everywhere still like Order 66 and the Empire never happened?

Because if Jedi are indeed everywhere, hiding or not, or I bet, a famed Jedi General suddenly helping lead the Rebels, then what's the point of Luke Skywalker?

Yoda: "Luke, when gone am I, last of the Jedi will you be."

Saw it. Wasn't that impressed. Then again, I wasn't very impressed with the Clone Wars movie that introduced that series either, so the Rebel series itself may yet turn into something special.

I have to agree with the sentiments regarding Ezra... there's a lot of Aladdin in his character design, and not just his appearance.

Would that make Sabine into Jasmine?... They look nothing alike, but both are plucky and a romantic interest of the main protagonist. I swear if they introduce a big blue guy with magical powers I'm bailing on this. :p

As mentioned before, the TIEs look odd with the too-small, original Hasbro toy-like panels. I guess I'll just chalk that up to them being Mk. 1s to the original trilogy's version (Mk. 2s with improved, larger panels for greater range?).

I kind of liked, in a roll your eyes sort of way, that the storm troopers were notoriously bad shots even before 'A New Hope'. :lol:

The Wookie designs looked terrible.

Edited by mechaninac

Yeah I watched the first episode and wasnt grabbed. Sure there is potential here but im not liking the characters much. And the CGI style this time feels completely plastic, Even Clone Wars had more detail than this. Wookies in Rebels look like articulated figures.

Still, I'll give it the 5 episode trial.

I like how the original Kenner Tie fighters with their small panels are now Universe accurate as mark 1 ties. There's a reason to own them again.

McQuarrie's designs were all over the place- the original bearded Luke design was in "Tarkin-town" sitting next to the Rodian.

I liked it much better than the original Clone Wars movie. This was about second to third season of Clone Wars in comparable quality, I'd say.

Alladin Ezra didn't irritate me as much as worried he would. Instead of cutesie, he was kind of a dick, stealing everything off everyone. That made him almost cool.

And when the Han Solo/Kyle Kataarn character stood up and pulled his lightsaber, revealing his true nature to the Imperials, I thought it was pretty awesome.

Like one of the Han Solo novels back in the day almost. It walked in a similar way.

My first impression of Star Wars rebels - not bad, but not actually worth my time.

When the light saber came out, I was surprised they had Kyle Kataarn doing the old-school style of fighting. It kinda makes it feel like the original trilogy of sorts. But at the same time, I was hoping he would off some killer moves like the Jedi in the prequels. Well either way, the show is just not worth my time. Maybe only when there's nothing else on, I guess.

Sorry.