Star Wars Rebels - animated series

If anything, this Rebels series hints at what to expect from the sequel trilogy......mainly how ineffective apparently the Jedi purge seems to have been....maybe that is why the emperor needed the "Inquisitor".... :rolleyes:

So I guess if the sequel trilogy indeed takes place 30+ years after ROTJ....we should expect plenty of Jedi to have emerged after the emperor was "killed"...

Guess they'll have to re-edit Yoda's last words on a future ROTJ release....."When gone I am....among the last of the Jedi will you be" ;)

Edited by jvmacross

If anything, this Rebels series hints at what to expect from the sequel trilogy......mainly how ineffective apparently the Jedi purge seems to have been....maybe that is why the emperor needed the "Inquisitor".... :rolleyes:

So I guess if the sequel trilogy indeed takes place 30+ years after ROTJ....we should expect plenty of Jedi to have emerged after the emperor was "killed"...

Guess they'll have to re-edit Yoda's last words on a future ROTJ release....."When gone I am....among the last of the Jedi will you be" ;)

I agree. Let the damn Jedi's die. There doesn't need to be one EVERYWHERE, hiding. People were perfectly happy with characters like Han Solo and Boba Fett, two people with ZERO force powers.

Edited by Mommar

You know what would make this super dark, and will never happen, but if more force sensitive people are still born every day it would make sense for Imperial agents to test babies and eliminate those born with powers that could rival the Emperor.

You know what would make this super dark, and will never happen, but if more force sensitive people are still born every day it would make sense for Imperial agents to test babies and eliminate those born with powers that could rival the Emperor.

That was a part of an EU storyline many moons ago.

I read it wrong the first time - I thought you meant "Force sensitive people are still-born." That would be dark.

It's like if Palpatine pulled off something like the Krogan Genophage from Mass Effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping the CGI look stings the fans of the Clone Wars, myself included, who feel the last season was cut too damn short.

Other then needing some more detail in spots (and the Tie Fighters disfigurement) the CGI looks fine. I personally hate everything about that Star Wars Anime look.

Edited by Mommar

Disney really dropped the ball when it came to animation style. They should of dropped the CGI for a new style. This fan made video is pure inspiration!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGl6r5tQYPM

I love that guy(s)' style, he/they did that awesome Dr Who anime too. I think it looks great and would make a nice counterpoint to the clone wars style. It actually fits the OT style more IMHO. Personnally though, I still want a Rogue Squadron animated series.

Looking forward to this new series. Just started watching the Clone Wars, sort of stopped middle of season 4, so I started up again. Is it me, or did they drop some sort of Easter egg in season 4?

luke+and+obi+wan.PNG

Maybe it's just me, if Luke and old Ben were animated, I'd figure they'd look like these guys.

Honestly, that style doesn't strike me as "anime" so much as old late 80s-early 90s saturday morning cartoon. Mostly reminds me of Wing Commander Academy.

I'd love to see an entire series like that, but it's kind of getting to the point where no one wants to pay animators to spend the time necessary to make that kind of animation by hand, and CGI is probably a huge cost savings in labor once you have the models rigged.

Disney really dropped the ball when it came to animation style. They should of dropped the CGI for a new style. This fan made video is pure inspiration!!

that is beautiful...sort of star wars through the lens of japanimation (do people still use that or is it just "anime" now)? reminds me of that iron man sie fo the technowhatever...totally diffren style that is jarring at first but not bad (although i hated the story it was beautiful to look at)

i would totally be on board with an OVA or series in that style. heck there is even a macross missile masacre moment in it! how could i dislike that? only thing is i expect a valkyrie to show up at any moment. lol

Edited by Mechapilot77

Speaking of Clone Wars, I was in Target today and spotted a lego kit that looked like a fricking E-Wing. It said it was some clonetroopers stealth fighter. WTF? Does that mean now that they put the E-Wing in the Clone Wars canon, and therefore it, and the Z-95 are canon starfighters now?

Speaking of Clone Wars, I was in Target today and spotted a lego kit that looked like a fricking E-Wing. It said it was some clonetroopers stealth fighter. WTF? Does that mean now that they put the E-Wing in the Clone Wars canon, and therefore it, and the Z-95 are canon starfighters now?

Saw that a while back myself, and had to laugh. Guess they can declare the EU doesn't exist all they want, but still aren't capable of designing ships as good as unofficial artists can.:rolleyes:

If the thing wasn't solid black, I would've probably grabbed one.

Edited by Chronocidal

Saw that a while back myself, and had to laugh. Guess they can declare the EU doesn't exist all they want, but still aren't capable of designing ships as good as unofficial artists can. :rolleyes:

If the thing wasn't solid black, I would've probably grabbed one.

Which is sad because I think the E-Wing looks terrible.

Wow! That was awesome! I would love to see Disney let some of Japan's best anime houses do an anthology series like they did with the batman and halo franchises. Thank you for the awesome link.

Which is sad because I think the E-Wing looks terrible.

When Dark Empire first came out, I gave it credit for coming up with some original designs to replace the older SW craft. Heck event the much derided Black Fleet Crisis gave us the K-Wing replace the older Y-wing and to a lesser extent, the B-Wing. I just think that the E-wing was not a well thought out design. Those low slung engines were horrible. There was a really cool model kit that came out a few years ago of the E-wing and some of the customs people made from it looked much better.

As a kid, one of the coolest things about ROTJ were all the new ships and fighters introduced during the final battle. B-wing and Tie Interceptor being the most notable for me.

I think that was lacking in the prequels...never cared for the Jedi fighters or any of the separatist craft.

Being set 30 years after ROTJ...we should expect to see some new main fighters....hope the designs are not too bad. Wonder when design pics start getting "leaked"?

Here's the thing.. I want them making some designs the old kitbash way, not some chromed-out hood ornaments like they did in Episode I. Making things out of pieces that actually exist lends them a moderate amount of realism that you don't get out of something designed entirely in a computer.