Star Wars Rebels - animated series

. . . . Except Hasbro has the toy rights for Star Wars.

Disney will get them moving.

As for the show itself, the political bits in Clone Wars would not have been a problem, IF it had not been such inane drivel. "War is Bad", yes, everyone knows that - losing a war is worse.

<In evil Mickey Mouse voice> You'll get what we give you, and you'll like it... Ha, Ha!...

Did you see the convention footage where the VA for Winnie the Pooh was doing Darth Vader's dialog as Winnie the Pooh, it was great "Where are those plans!"

• 2 months later...

I guess that's a prep for NYCC this coming weekend. Speaking of which, Star Wars: Rebels will have its own dedicated panel on Oct. 12, 2:45 pm - 3:45 pm, Empire Stage 1-E. I'm sure they'll show more at the panel.

As long as Lucas is hands off it outta be good!

( and the next person to tell me Lucas knows the SW like no one else, is gonna get a five finger death punch,

The guy has said repeatedly that he doesn't know everything about what was in his movies. The guy is there for the

Money, not your fat guy in a little boba fett suit cosplay conventions!)

They really don't want to give up on the Darth Maul inspired characters. And continuing to lessen the impact of Darth Vader. Unless the new movies are really special, I'm just about finished getting Star Wars stuff. Sticking to the classic OT DVDs and the few figures that come out from the series that were good. Like that Kotobukiya Mara figure.

What happened to only one master, one apprentice?

And I agree, is Vader really that ineffective that he can't handle

The remaining Jedi?

Seems like there's a gradual evolution of reducing Vaders Evil

To nothing more than a mere thug of the Emperor.

A high fall from the master of evil from the OT.

The remaining Jedi?

Nah man... He was always just a thug. You just built him up to be more in your head when you were a kid. Watch A new hope again... Tarkin is "holding vader's leash."

Vader was never #2 in the organization.

Nah man... He was always just a thug. You just built him up to be more in your head when you were a kid. Watch A new hope again... Tarkin is "holding vader's leash."

Vader was never #2 in the organization.

That's only sort of the case in the original though. In Empire and Return it's rather clear EVERYBODY but the Emperor answers to Vader. And even still, Vader was still an imposing enforcer no matter who he was working for. Now, he's just kind of this sad middle-man for other Darth Maul knock-offs.

Edited by Mommar

The remaining Jedi?

Probably..."It wasn't Anakin that slaughtered younglings...it was Vader!".......In a galactic court it is commonly referred to as "playing the Sith card"!

I wouldn't be surprised if they screw with the OT a bit more before all is said and done......then the hate can finally be directed at someone else besides Lucas.... :lol:

That's only sort of the case in the original though. In Empire and Return it's rather clear EVERYBODY but the Emperor answers to Vader. And even still, Vader was still an imposing enforcer no matter who he was working for. Now, he's just kind of this sad middle-man for other Darth Maul knock-offs.

I don't know when this whole reducing Vader thing started. But all it does is make the originals far superior to the prequels or any of these new spinoff series. Vader was a scary guy in the OT. I hope the upcoming movies ignore all this new stuff but since George Lucas was actually writing/plotting this new series before the sell and Abrams is directing, I'm not expecting anything close to the OT in terms of greatness.

> I don't know when this whole reducing Vader thing started.

It started with Return (despite what others have said). Vader's downfall started with this line "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am". After that Vader was a wimp.

I don't believe so. Since you only ever once, in Empire, saw Vader become pissed and NOT choke somebody to death it really only highlighted that the Emperor was going to kill anyone he wasn't happy with.

• 4 weeks later...

> I don't know when this whole reducing Vader thing started.

It started with Return (despite what others have said). Vader's downfall started with this line "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am". After that Vader was a wimp.

Yeah I think that statement had double meaning...sorta like watch your six, you think Force chokes are bad, wait till you taste the Blue Lightning.

As for this new villain...we cannot really say what his role is going to be until the show begins. Could be just another wannabe Sith like Ventress (not to say she wasn't awesome).

I am more concerned with the promo's hint at a "Jedi rising". Talk about killing Yoda's final words, "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be...pass on what you have learned"

Also, not sure the helmets on these Stormies need to look different than they did in the OT....my what big eyes you have! The better to miss you with blaster bolts with!

Sorry guys, but Vader's downfall was in Return of the Jedi, before that film if you messed with him he killed you, after that if you messed with him he basically said "I'm gonna tell my Daddy on you!" Lucas was so ham-fisted trying to shift the focus of Vader that he totally messed it up.

Sorry guys, but Vader's downfall was in Return of the Jedi, before that film if you messed with him he killed you, after that if you messed with him he basically said "I'm gonna tell my Daddy on you!" Lucas was so ham-fisted trying to shift the focus of Vader that he totally messed it up.

I think your interpretation of those events is... different.

Edited by Mommar

• 3 months later...

I miss Droids, the cartoon series from way back, and even the Ewoks toon. They didn't need lightsabers to tell a story. They just explored the corners of the SW universe. No need for political crap. Think they got better the idea of having a whole universe to play with back then.

• 2 months later...