Sign in to follow this  
jvmacross

Macross miniature diecast figurines....vintage

i got one too

Very nice! I believe I have seen that one before, but never picked it up.....I recall that it is actually 2X or so the size of the mini-figurines.....the arms move correct?

If interested in selling or trading it...let me know.

Thanks for posting!

They are nice...so far I know the set contains:

1. VF-1J
  2. Glaug
  3. Regult
  4. Tomahawk
  5. Defender
  6. Large GBP-1J

I have never seen any others.......although it would not surprise me to find the Spartan, Phalanx and SDF-1 (either cruiser or attacker..or both!)

The sculpts are very similar to the vintage Ohsato/Seika Note/Takatoku rubber figurines......

i got one too

20141206_151320_289_zpslf0wpxgd.jpg

I think I had this one when I was young. I can't remember exactly. It looks familiar.

Are these the original battletech mini's? They very closely resembled the robotech/macross mechs before HG got a hold of them.

I do have or used to have a gerwalk. Will have to see if I still do.

No, they are old school gashapon from SDFM era Japan ('82-'84).....possibly unlicensed gumball machine type figurines......with the exception of the GBP-1J...they are very tiny

The sad thing is so much of those old toys I had were tossed like garbage. I was able to piece together a vintage SD Valkyrie but I know I had all of them at one point. Same with this toy but I'm now thinking that maybe I had a rubber version? I had so many toys and was getting both US and Japanese versions somehow. There were also physical toy stores that sadly don't exist anymore. I'm not just talking Toys r Us. Or other places like Circus World and Kay Bee Toys. There was one small store in an outdoor mall that I can't remember the name of. I got that SD Valkyrie and other cartoon or anime toys there. Of course it wasn't anime then just cartoons.

It really is sad at what I imagine a lot of us had thrown out as kids that we all wish we hadn't.

I thought Wonder Festival was for new stuff? Or do sellers bring vintage toys too?

Actually, your current plan of attack is the best method....with all your recent loot you have not been convinced of that yet? :)

In the wonderfest there are also toy sellers who bring old stuffs. Because i arrived late, i was only able to search every toy bins and displays in one hall, there was actually 2 halls for selling toys and 1 hall for exhibit, and another upper hall for cosplay. In short, the event was really huge!

It was my first time to be there last month. Next, time ill be early and will bring a huge trolley.

Wow that is really cool! I did not know that....did you take any pics of the old toys when you were at the show? Do they have other toy shows in Japan? If so you need to attend. Happy hunting!

It really is sad at what I imagine a lot of us had thrown out as kids that we all wish we hadn't.

Or even toys that we wish we didn't open and play with. I recall when Star Wars Episode I came out, I saw tons of older people buying multiples of figures and ships.

I wonder how many of these diecast minis are in Japanese landfills.....they had to have been gumball machine fodder....otherwise you'd run into them more often.... :(

I wonder how many of these diecast minis are in Japanese landfills.....they had to have been gumball machine fodder....otherwise you'd run into them more often.... :(

Actually, they'd be ash. We burn trash over here, no extra land for landfills.

Slight derail here. There was a landfill in Sapporo, they've turned in into a pretty nice park.

Moerenuma Park.

Wish I knew the story behind this diecast figurine...it is actually quite hefty for it's size...and has articulation at the arms, legs and head.....it's actually very nice....based on the sculpt it is probably a Takatoku, Ohsato or Seika Note....when I get a chance I will compare it to their rubber figurine mold for the GBP....it even has a Big West stamp! So definitely a licensed product.....more clues....but the mystery regarding these diecast figurines remains unsolved! :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_633_61945.jpg

gallery_12176_633_39198.jpg

gallery_12176_633_22889.jpg

gallery_12176_633_31852.jpg

gallery_12176_633_23689.jpg

gallery_12176_633_35569.jpg

gallery_12176_633_119444.jpg

gallery_12176_633_93398.jpg

:)

It looks like a kit of some sort. Remember some of those from the 80s? Basically an unpainted 8 or 9 piece Chogokin of like Ideon or Godmars, etc. Maybe a very limited run of cancelled product...

It looks like a kit of some sort. Remember some of those from the 80s? Basically an unpainted 8 or 9 piece Chogokin of like Ideon or Godmars, etc. Maybe a very limited run of cancelled product...

Part of the problem of just collecting Macross stuff is I am not familiar with a majority of other 80's anime series......are the figs/kits you describe diecast? Any chance you have some pics of them?

I am thinking these were "prizes"...maybe mail-aways......the GBP is very large...almost in scale to the 1/144 Takatoku "Collection Series"...but those are still a tad bit larger...the rest of the diecast minis are very small....even smaller than the smallest rubber figurines made by Takatoku, Seika Note or Ohsato.....I guess I should take some pics of them all together for comparison....From what I have seen, I am still missing the mini diecast VF-1J and the Defender.....those are proving harder to find than a rebel base!!!

Echo_Base_Shield_Generator_TCG.JPG

I don't want "Some" metal......or even "Hi-Metal".......I want "ALL METAL"!!!!!!!!!! :D

New Macross mini diecast figurine discovered..........thanks to AcroRay for the tip that led to it's acquisition!

The mini diecast GBP-1J.............

gallery_12176_633_69972.jpg

gallery_12176_633_94743.jpg

gallery_12176_633_564582.jpg

gallery_12176_633_802865.jpg

gallery_12176_633_16947.jpg

gallery_12176_633_817615.jpg

Nice photos! It's in good hands. (Or good *tweezers*... it looks so TINY!)

Yes, they are small...even smaller than the smallest rubber figurines from Takatoku or Ohsato.....need to gather them up for a group shot!

Thanks again for leading me to the mini GBP!

the lineup so far....

1) VF-1J

2) Glaug

3) Regult

4) Tomahawk

5) Defender

6) Large GBP-1J

7) Small GBP-1J

Edited by jvmacross

SDF-1 confirmed......Spartan confirmed......

gallery_12176_633_13431.jpg

215018770_624.v1461512663.jpg

Now the hard part.....finding them! :wacko:

Updated list:

1. VF-1J
  2. Glaug
  3. Regult
  4. Tomahawk
  5. Defender
  6. Large GBP-1J
  7. Small GBP-1J
  8. SDF-1
  9. Spartan

UPDATE!

Possible "smoking gun" plundered from the Japanese within the contested collector battlefields known as Yahoo Japan Auctions....

large.20170202_211424_resized.jpg.7a20e4

This set has the most unusual packaging of any Macross collectible I have come across recently.....ultra low cost for sure!

So the odd thing is there is no mark on the actual packaging....front or back....

However, without opening the "packaging" I was able to see marks on a few of the figures....and I am 99.9999% sure they are Ohsato with Big West stamp as well...

Glaug from package:

large.20170202_211935_resized.jpg.a7563a

A loose GBP for comparison...even the green matches!

large.20170202_212059_resized.jpg.36169e

More importantly, the odd multi-pack contains some of the the elusive mini diecast Macross figurines!!!

With that said....I believe we finally have our smoking gun....proof that the mini diecast figurines are indeed produced by Ohsato....at least based on them being packaged along with Ohsato rubber figs.....

It is quite possible they are still "bootleg".....I mean, who could resist bootlegging an Ohsato rubber figurine back in the day, right?  

Still, there is no mark on the packaging...nor is there any BW sticker....so maybe.....

Until someone can disprove my theory, I feel pretty confident now in saying that the mysterious mini Macross diecast figurines were indeed produced by Ohsato Toys....

Anyway....looks like I have now added another member to my mini-diecast Macross figurine collection....a shiny new VF-1J!!!  All shiny and chrome!!!

large.20170202_211546_resized.jpg.828bba

...and a shiny new "Mint-on-Sealed-Card" GBP-1J and Glaug....

large.20170202_211536_resized.jpg.7430e6

large.20170202_211438_resized.jpg.eadb60

Gotta love Ohsato! :wub:

Edited by jvmacross