Dammit, that's the theme song? I've hated pretty every theme song in the Craig Bond films except "You Know My Name" and that's only because Chris Cornell has such a great, dynamic range. Sam Smith's voice is the wrong kind of high pitch for my tastes and I find this song too meandering.

Dammit, that's the theme song? I've hated pretty every theme song in the Craig Bond films except "You Know My Name" and that's only because Chris Cornell has such a great, dynamic range. Sam Smith's voice is the wrong kind of high pitch for my tastes and I find this song too meandering.

Bond theme songs peaked with Duran Duran and A-ha in the 80s. I don't expect much out of them anymore.

That Sam Smith song is far worse than Die Another Day.

What a total piece of crap. Thats like Macross7-pansy-ass-sh!t.

Careful, haha, you'll envoke the wrath of the 7 fans here, lol!

Well feel free to GTFO, Craig. Outside of the Bond movies you've been completely irrelevant, but feel free to believe otherwise if it helps you to sleep at night...

Edited by myk

Well feel free to GTFO, Craig. Outside of the Bond movies you've been completely irrelevant, but feel free to believe otherwise if it helps you to sleep at night...

Calm down there, tough guy. Did you even read the article (obviously not)? Also, if you don't think he has fine any other good films you clearly don't watch many movies.

If I went through what he had on this shoot I'd probably want to step away, too. Never mind he clearly has a lot of respect for the role.

Problem with that Craig article is that it could be true or it just one quote out of context. News media dying for news may have just ran with it.

Here is the original interview: http://www.timeout.com/london/film/daniel-craig-interview-my-advice-to-the-next-james-bond-dont-be-crap

I think what he is saying is quite clear here: he's worn out from a grueling 8-month shoot and right now he can't even think about doing another one. He needs a holiday. It's nowhere near as negative as its being made out to be.

/Film headline: "‘Spectre’ Early Buzz: Daniel Craig’s James Bond is Back, and He’s Better/Worse/About the Same as Ever"

It's gonna be one of those that everyone enjoys to some degree, but can't agree on how good it is.

/Film headline: "‘Spectre’ Early Buzz: Daniel Craig’s James Bond is Back, and He’s Better/Worse/About the Same as Ever"

It's gonna be one of those that everyone enjoys to some degree, but can't agree on how good it is.

Is that good or bad?

IGN gave it a 7.2 so even if I had the time to see it looks like a pass for me. Casting Franz was a lazy idea.

IGN, a bastion of quality journalism. Even if it is a 7.2, it would score higher than the vast majority of movies people on these forums flock to. Just sayin' ;)

The only reviews I am interested in reading are those from older movie reviewers who are familiar with the entire franchise. Some of these reviews that I have been reading are written by people who have only seen three or four 007 movies, and obviously have no awareness of the MI6 role in the world historically, or are aware of Ian Fleming's writing.

The only critics I care to hear from are the ones in here; Duke, Mr. March, A7, Dave H., etc. All of the other talking heads in blah blah blah land can go stuff themselves; I'll formulate my own opinion...

I never had much of a problem with Quantum, but it's interesting that Spectre seems to be in the same situation Quantum was. The movie that ties up the loose ends, or follows up on, the previous, excellent, film. Probably the thing that saved it was the fact Sam Mendes was the constant between the last two.

Edited by Mommar

Quantum was boring; what I'm reading about SPECTRE is that it's heavy on spectacle and light on character and depth (which is the opposite of what Craig's Bond has been). I'm torn on whether to see this in the theater or wait to get it from Netflix.