The 52nd Shizuoka Hobby Show will soon be held.

The Macross related items may be handled with only Hasegawa and Bandai. Arcadia is not on the list.

The first 2 days are only for the buyers and the press. The news about the new industrial products will be come on May 16th.

As far as I know, Hasegawa's VF-1 new paint, VE-11 Thunder Seeker and Bandai's VF-1 may be shown at the venue.

I will go there on 18th and see those new products and many completed goods by the amateur modelers. Looking forward to seeing VF-1 Riders' booth and Kanto Sakemochi-kai's one.

Aside from the Macross items, the Yamato 2199 and Girls und Panzer ones may increase this time.

Edited by antibiotictab

So I guess the Hasegawa 1/72 VF-25 is no more. :(

Chris

Hasegawa revealed what they would display at the exhibit. There are no VF-25s.

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/hp/event/2013/shs/shs2013.pdf

A prototype? May be. But such an item will definitely be photography/ video recording prohibited.

The next chance may be Wonder Festival 2013 Summer on July 28th.

Thanks Antibioticab! I'm liking the Battleship Yamato kits! More 1/350th big scale scale kist to come??? - MT

I googled and know about it a little.

That Yamato is Hasegawa's product and 1/450. Tamiya shows 1/300 destroyers; IJN Yukikaze and Yuugumo. Aoshima releases 1/350 IJN cruiser Isuzu and submarine I-365.

The others depend on the modelers' clubs. They show their own finished goods from tomorrow.

I have already booked my highway bus ticket to Shizuoka for tomorrow. :)

You have been checking these web sites below?
I recommended the show to the webmaster, and he said he also went there.

http://trudge.blog100.fc2.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerwalk_w/

You'll be able to see his photos soon.

Ok, you know, I have to laugh at the whole Angel Birds thing, especially with the redone Thunderbirds logo. :lol: Makes me want to do the reverse mashup, and make a team in blue and yellow, but call them "Blue Thunder," but sadly that name's already kinda taken.

Beautiful display, though I like the deeper red on the Yamato version better. I do kind of wish the YF-19 was easier to come up with good schemes for though. That one just looks really busy, and the markings don't seem to fit very well.

On the other hand, I'd actually like to see a YF-19 in standard USAF Thunderbird markings. The shape of the YF-19's nose makes it hard to find good ways to paint it, but I think the standard Thunderbird nose scallops would fit pretty well.

No one has been talking about those booklets yet...

There were Macross Journal Vol. 3 (Sky Angels) and 4 published by M.A.T. and another Doujinshis.

I wish I could talk with Mr.Chiba some day.

post-14942-0-76858000-1369089414_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-13880100-1369089444_thumb.jpg

Edited by antibiotictab

I hadn't known that those booklets existed. Thanks for taking video again Antibiotictab! The Yamato display was particularly cool......love the asteroid base diorama and the figthers on the spindle. And I want one of those VE-11 models!

antibiotictab:

Pretty awesome... thank you for this. I wanted to go this year but I couldn't. Maybe next year.

I've been thinking about different schemes I built a Black and white VF-1D scheme, but never photographed it. Now I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do with my Spartan.

Pretty awesome... thank you for this. I wanted to go this year but I couldn't. Maybe next year.

If you live somewhere near/ in Japan, I recommend it and Wonder Festival. I see many non-Japanese guests at the venue.

In Shizuoka, I found some Caucasians sitting on the chair. They are members of the amateur modelers' clubs.

I remember one of their names. "Sirius." I googled, and it seems it is the modelers' club in Kyoto.

http://gosuke.blogzine.jp/sirius2012/bbs.html

A poster's name in the BBS is apparently non-Japanese, and many foreign students are in Kyoto, as you know.

Thanks a MILLION Antibiotictab! My son and I REALLY enjoyed the videos! It's probably a good thing I can't go anyhow; I'd probably drool all over the displays :p - MT

If you live somewhere near/ in Japan, I recommend it and Wonder Festival. I see many non-Japanese guests at the venue.

In Shizuoka, I found some Caucasians sitting on the chair. They are members of the amateur modelers' clubs.

I remember one of their names. "Sirius." I googled, and it seems it is the modelers' club in Kyoto.

A poster's name in the BBS is apparently non-Japanese, and many foreign students are in Kyoto, as you know.

That's awesome! Thank you. I do stay alot in Kyoto but we're from the Kii peninsula, which makes travel a bit difficult. I'll definitely hit them up when I come next.

That's awesome! Thank you. I do stay alot in Kyoto but we're from the Kii peninsula, which makes travel a bit difficult. I'll definitely hit them up when I come next.

Wakayama? If so, actually difficult to go there...
#3 Shizuoka Hobby Square
There are many LBXs on this video. But Danball Senki is not aired outside of Japan, so many members here may not know them...

I saw one of my picture taken at VF-1 Riders' booth on Facebook. Did EXO do that? :)

Well, they said they would post their pictures in the near future today, but MW posted it just about 3 hours after their post. lol :lol:

BTW, I talked with one of them. The conversation was like this.

---

"I am a member of Macross World situated in Los Angels. A Macross Fansite outside of Japan."

"Oh, about Robotech, right?"

"No, MACROSS. The Robotech things and guys are their opponents."

"Oh..."

"They are really HOT... You know some English comments have been left on your Facebook page. All of them are theirs!"

---

Well, "all of them" was too much, but the ratio of your posts there is so high, I guess.

And I told him about the members in Japan. When he heard that some of them speak Japanese so fluently, he was surprised.

And about another Japanese member of MW, Thomas107 (Cancer107 in MW).

---

"I have talked with Thomas107 before on the site. He is a member of VF-1 Riders, isn't he?"

"Yes, and he is abroad."

"I have talked with him on the Internet before. He joined your club last year. A yellow one, he said... Well, A yellow orange VF-11 was his Valk. I remember it. I sometimes blouse his own site, 'Sunfish Squadron,' too. I hope he could join you in the near future."

---

And we said good-bye. Before it, I said, "I'll come next year, too!"

So, they finally knew Macross World and its "hot" fans outside of Japan.

Folks, how about saying hello to them? :)

Edited by antibiotictab

Cancer107 is in L.A.?

yes that was me that posted it. I actually posted all three pictures and credited you, but Facebook just uploaded it and didn't post it, so I ended up sharing one picture. Stupid FB. But my jaw dropped when I saw that picture.. I definitely think they are hot! Where do we say hello to them?

Cancer107 is in L.A.?

yes that was me that posted it. I actually posted all three pictures and credited you, but Facebook just uploaded it and didn't post it, so I ended up sharing one picture. Stupid FB. But my jaw dropped when I saw that picture.. I definitely think they are hot! Where do we say hello to them?

Nope. He was in Philippines. And I checked his tweet, now he is in Japan for the business trip.
They have their own FB page.
And the last one. Macross related items only.