New and Weird Topics of Late....

Is it just me or there are more topics as of late that when you see it....makes you wonder...why? and say. Isn't it easier to search on the forum. Maybe I'm being a douche but I noticed a lot of topics lately that just is just..well how do I say this, pointless. I think I am being a douche no? Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed these past few weeks. Or maybe I'm getting old just like how some old (not referring to age) members on here have stopped posting and just lurk around like ninjas. I guess its time for me to join the disappearing act.

I'm not old nor new but I see exactly what you're saying. There are quite a lot of new members that have joined recently in the last year and quite a few of their topics could've been quick questions in the noon thread.

I'll take the good with the bad on this one because I have absolutely NOWHERE else to show my Macross love except here. I'm not a Moderator so it's not my place to tell people they're posting in the wrong place or read a little bit more in a thread to find your answer before creating a new thread. I think it all has to do with this culture of instant gratification that exists here in the States. Then again if they would use a simple search on the Google Machine then they'd notice MW is almost always at the top.

In regards to you becoming a ninja Kicker, all I can really say is I appreciate guys with your time on the boards. You or someone like you has always been able to answer all my "too hot for a thread" questions. Eugimon, Exo, and you have always given me time out of your day to expand my Macross experience and knowledge. For that I'm extremely grateful. So if you decide to ninja it up, don't do it thinking you don't have a place within the newer ranks.

Yes. There have been a number of strange posters as well as FNGs. They don't use Google or the forum's search feature to look up threads. At least with the FNGs, that issue has existed since MW started and is not an uncommon issue on forums elsewhere.

Glad I could be of help. I don't mind MW becoming more known, I actually would love that. I sport my MW shirts all the time. I guess it could a maturity thing? We are getting members who are younger in age. Man that makes me feel old.

Glad I could be of help. I don't mind MW becoming more known, I actually would love that. I sport my MW shirts all the time. I guess it could a maturity thing? We are getting members who are younger in age. Man that makes me feel old.

It could just be the phase you're going through with MW:

First comes the "wow, cool" (some could call it "newbie"), then comes the "post honeymoon" phase (one is more experienced, knows the rules, and can't help and be involved as much as possible because things are still wow). You're in the "darkest before the dawn phase" (the wow part is diminished, and all the flaws and cracks are noticeable and annoying), then comes the "mellow" phase (one is a mature member, who only replies to (and dare I say read?) what one deems worthy).

It could just be the phase you're going through with MW:

First comes the "wow, cool" (some could call it "newbie"), then comes the "post honeymoon" phase (one is more experienced, knows the rules, and can't help and be involved as much as possible because things are still wow). You're in the "darkest before the dawn phase" (the wow part is diminished, and all the flaws and cracks are noticeable and annoying), then comes the "mellow" phase (one is a mature member, who only replies to (and dare I say read?) what one deems worthy).

I think your right about that.

You're neither getting old nor "being a douche"---there's just a lot of newbies and clueless people lately. (and Robotech fans are often both)

You had to sneak that in there didn't you? LOL =P hehehe but thanks I just hope this thread was not meaningless and I had to double check if anyone else was feeling the same lately.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Is it just me or there are more topics as of late that when you see it....makes you wonder...why? and say. Isn't it easier to search on the forum. Maybe I'm being a douche but I noticed a lot of topics lately that just is just..well how do I say this, pointless. I think I am being a douche no? Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed these past few weeks. Or maybe I'm getting old just like how some old (not referring to age) members on here have stopped posting and just lurk around like ninjas. I guess its time for me to join the disappearing act.

i don't know if i'm one of those guys, but i apologize in advance if i offended you with pointless posts.

You know Kicker, I have also noticed this. But to be fair my first post ever here was about the YF-19 and I created a whole separate thread about my question. David helped me to realize my mistake quickly and from there I have had no problems. Forums all operate differently and I feel this is one of the most "structured" ones on the web. I have come to appreciate the rules and have realized they are for the better. I do think though that it is uncalled for when the new members get mad and lash out at us, like in the YF-30 thread for correcting them.

Edited by Loop

Not singling out anyone. Believe me I'm not offended and it takes a lot to get me there. I do understand the new members position, since I was there before also. It was just an observation and by all means not directed specifically to anyone in particular.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not singling out anyone. Believe me I'm not offended and it takes a lot to get me there. I do understand the new members position, since I was there before also. It was just an observation and by all means not directed specifically to anyone in particular.

thanks for responding that it is no one in particular.

if not offended, then i read it as you might be annoyed enough to express your feelings in starting this thread.

From a well established member, i guess it's understandable of your feelings after reading your posts but since it's directed without anything/one specific, it does make it seem like you may desire to be less approachable after reading it, (may be taken as condescending but i didn't)

anyways, i'm here to enjoy macross but wasn't sure what to think when reading this and thought to post to try and be friendly as i just don't want any trouble as i find many very helpful posts and member insights here to be valuable.

i hope to further conversations without upsetting protocol. thanks

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...