Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Yep. Watch the file name of the photo I posted. You will find the picture on page 65 of that book.

I actually have this book, I pre-ordered it before it came out. I have it packed away at the moment though.

Clearly it's a teaser for a 1/60 Bodolza fortress. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm guessing, and hoping for a series of small scale Zentran/Meltran ships, about the length/size of the 1/3000 SDF-1...
(If it is, could this mean a TV SFD-1 may be next, if this line sells?)

I've always preferred the Fulbxaxzzza Berirntnzztzz from the TV series. Sure it just looks like a rock in space, but it seems both more menacing and functional.

Just checked the M3 - I wasn't that far off on the spelling!

Interesting they're looking at fixed pieces like this, especially the Zentradi versions. The DYRL version is definitely more interesting looking than the SDFM version so I can see why they chose it. I wonder if they have plans for other fixed posed capitol ships on both sides? This is probably to test the waters. I still have my Exo Squad Regult and Glaug this thing would look good sitting next to.

I've always preferred the Fulbxaxzzza Berirntnzztzz from the TV series. Sure it just looks like a rock in space, but it seems both more menacing and functional.

Just checked the M3 - I wasn't that far off on the spelling!

Pretty close right?

http://macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/fulbtzs-berrentzs/fulbtzs-berrentzs.gif

vs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/islandblogging/ibhq//images/bigrock_arran.jpg

:)

I'm going to guess websclusive, no reason not to do that.

Actually though, seriously, all it needs to be is a giant lump of painted plastic/resin/whatever. It's not like you'd be able to have moving parts at that scale. :p I'd qualify that more as a statue/model than anything else.

I'm going to guess websclusive, no reason not to do that.

Actually though, seriously, all it needs to be is a giant lump of painted plastic/resin/whatever. It's not like you'd be able to have moving parts at that scale. :p I'd qualify that more as a statue/model than anything else.

Well the first gimmick that comes to mind is fully articulated vegetation LOL.

WF2013夏!アルカディアブース会場限定にて「ノンスケール ゴル・ボドルザー」を数量限定販売!

価格は¥12,800、サイズは約11cmとなります!

小ぶりですが迫力のある商品です!是非お買い求め下さい!

※数量限定販売の為、早期完売の場合は何卒ご了承くださいませ。

ackvelWL.jpg

WF2013 summer! The limited quantity sold "non-scale Gol Bodoruza" at Arcadia booth hall limitation!

¥ 12,800, the price will be about 11cm in size!

It is small-sized, but is a product with the force! Please buy it!

※ For a limited quantity sale, but approve the case of sold out early.

Uh.... what.

I get that they underpriced things before, but I think they're trying way to hard to make up for that. :blink:

Wouldn't it be easier to just make a plastic planter where you can grow a cactus on it? I'm kinda tempted to design one now...

Edited by Chronocidal

Really, you know what that reminds me of? A full-color print from Shapeways. Same kind of texture to it, and you can see the print layers.

Could be a quick prototype for advertising, but I kind of can't believe they would make something that incredibly small, and charge that much for it... Though... to be fair, depending on the material used at Shapeways, something that big could easily come out that expensive. It might be entirely printed, so they don't have to make molds or paint it, but I really wonder if they'll be able to sell these at that price.

Edited by Chronocidal

It does indeed look like a Shapeways print, and that’s how much it would cost ($130) to print something at that size (I printed my own CG models for half that size for $60).

For a figure or miniature, $130 would be expected if it were the size of the 1/3000 SDF-1, but for that tiny little thing? No way.