Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

I'm personally hoping for new paint schemes rather than reissues since the ones that i felt some regret not getting (when Yamato folded) were obscure and didn't get reissued. Although i'm sure Arcadia will be releasing the more prominent hero valks... for those who missed out.

I really hope the higher price of the 30th anniv. VF-1J by Arcadia is an exception and not the new standard.

Yeah, I'd like to support Arcadia as I did Yamato, but they make it difficult for me by releasing Valkyrie schemes I simply don't want. :(

If it is a limited release then I guess it will sell well enough regardless of weather I get one or not tho... :unsure:

The problem with it being a web exclusive limited release is that resellers will get it at msrp. They then will mark it up further so those who can't get it directly from Arcadia will have to pay over msrp. Unless HLJ can get the same deal it got to sell the VFX, Angel Birds and VF-4.

Beggars can't be choosers. I suggest you buy the magazine yourself if this is so "stupid".

Sniff...sniff...smells like douche bag for some reason....Seriously though even if someone is snapping a shot with a phone cam they can max the resolution so it's actually viewable. And someone taking a photo of a magazine shot from a newsstand in japan to post on the web is trying to put the news out to the web for those of us who don't live there and can't just go buy a copy ourselves. So it's not too unreasonable to expect they'd try to make the darn thing more than 200x200 pixels.

Another thing to consider, Acadia probably had to pay Tenjin a fairly substantial fee for the design. As much as Tenjin loves Macross, he's still a commercial artist, not a charity.

The negotiation and cost of licencing rights with Big West may also factor into the cost.

There's many unknowns to consider before people start complaining about the cost.

I personally like the design and I'm going to buy 2, one to display in fighter and one in bathroom, to support Arcadia and support the 30th anniversary of Macross.

Graham

Oh my gosh....hillarity. I laughed so hard when I read this; funniest thing I've seen/read this week aside from the hilarious Brad Pitt/Seven Xbox One gif making it's way round the net. I can't imagine the moisture content of the average bathroom would be good for a valk but who knows. Maybe someone really needs a bathroom buddy. Get three in there and you've got a toilet defense force! Brown Devil Vajra attack? Valk TDF to the rescue! :lol:

In order to get people to stop waiting for discounts/clearances sales, I think Yamato needs to play the Bandai 20 second window panic preorder scheme for the first round of releases and then re-release them after after everyone is in a frenzy to get one :)

And proven by the panic buys, this will get people to stop worrying about prices and more worried they'll miss a pre-order.

while everyone curses Bandai, they'll line up for one during a re-release.

Please no. I am so tired of the Bandai shennanigans. In fact when the Riobot Detonator Orgun went up for preorder I submitted my order for 3, then decided later to add 2 more as gifts. Went back to HLJ and added the extras. Didn't have to go over to NY and pay a 25% over Retail markup at 3:47am in the morning or any of that nonsense. Thought to myself "Holy crap, I'd almost forgotten that being a patron for a company isn't supposed to be so difficult as Bandai wants to make it with their manufactured 'shortages'!" I'm tired of frakking toy companies acting like I owe them something; you're supposed to be the one selling to me, not the other way around.

I'd rather Arcadia manage the line by making the valks people want (not just reissue after reissue of the stock valks), manage their costs better, and continue to treat the customer as valued unlike their competitors. People forget that Yamato made a TON of non-macross stuff, far more than Macross in fact. They didn't go under simply because of their Macross line, there may have been some overproduction or poorly performing licenses there that contributed, as well.

I think there was an error in the price of the guitar given by Cybergundam.

abeAPc7q.jpg

I do not read Japanese, but the price that would be 35,000 yen instead?

Nope, that's the character for "Man-en", so 10,000 yen X 35 thus 350,000¥. For the truly nuts fan.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Please no. I am so tired of the Bandai shennanigans. In fact when the Riobot Detonator Orgun went up for preorder I submitted my order for 3, then decided later to add 2 more as gifts. Went back to HLJ and added the extras. Didn't have to go over to NY and pay a 25% over Retail markup at 3:47am in the morning or any of that nonsense. Thought to myself "Holy crap, I'd almost forgotten that being a patron for a company isn't supposed to be so difficult as Bandai wants to make it with their manufactured 'shortages'!" I'm tired of frakking toy companies acting like I owe them something; you're supposed to be the one selling to me, not the other way around.

I'd rather Arcadia manage the line by making the valks people want (not just reissue after reissue of the stock valks), manage their costs better, and continue to treat the customer as valued unlike their competitors. People forget that Yamato made a TON of non-macross stuff, far more than Macross in fact. They didn't go under simply because of their Macross line, there may have been some overproduction or poorly performing licenses there that contributed, as well.

oh i would love for arcadia to make extremely limit run on the first run of stuff. and then i'll go on HLJ and order x10 to scalp. then i'll give NY a run for it's money.

seriously, i don't want to be frustrated and securing a valk and hate scalpers who buy up everything. so printing a very limited run would play into the hands of scalpers. on the other hand i don't want arcadia to over-saturate the market.

i think their release run for the vf-1d w/ option parts was perfect. everyone had plenty of time and avail to pre-order and during release day but it eventually sold out. i would like some collectibilty on my valks to keep it's charm.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Damn auto correct on phone. Should have been "battroid", not "bathroom" :D

Although my Valks do often accompany me to the bathroom (thought that was normal behaviour for a Macross fan :p

Heck, I've had Valks sleep, on the pillow next to me before :p

Graham

Although my Valks do often accompany me to the bathroom (thought that was normal behaviour for a Macross fan :p

Graham

They don't sleep, they keep watch sir.

i wanna support them so they can be sucessful and make more valks but i've never bought an "out of charactor" figure/toy before (not even a transformer like pepsi prime when he was on clearnce for $30). i hope others can pick up the slack and this figure sells out so they can start making traditional ones. oh yeah... price is a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit outta my comfort zone. if that had been a weathered vf-1 with fast packs..... well.

Sniff...sniff...smells like douche bag for some reason....Seriously though even if someone is snapping a shot with a phone cam they can max the resolution so it's actually viewable. And someone taking a photo of a magazine shot from a newsstand in japan to post on the web is trying to put the news out to the web for those of us who don't live there and can't just go buy a copy ourselves. So it's not too unreasonable to expect they'd try to make the darn thing more than 200x200 pixels.

[.................]

I'm tired of frakking toy companies acting like I owe them something; you're supposed to be the one selling to me, not the other way around.

You don't owe toy companies anything, fine. So why not apply that logic to the guys posting magazine photographs? Do they owe you free high-resolution images for some reason?

I'm just trying to understand all the looking in gift horses' mouths.

All these complaints about the price are making me feel really stupid for panic buying a 30th anni roy for $200...

For those who don't like the price and/or design of the Arcadia 30th anniversary VF-1J, you might still want to buy it because:

1. You will support Arcadia;

2. By supporting Arcadia with your purchase, another valk that you have been dreaming of will more likely appear sooner;

3. It's probably limited edition so the price might rise if you want to buy it in future;

4. You might be able to sell it for a profit in future;

5. You can give it to someone as a gift;

6. You can donate it to the MacrossWorld 2013 Convention as a prize.

and so on...

Graham

I totally agree! I Iove the auto correct on my phone, and it is common for Valkyries to accompany me in the bathroom and sleep next to me too! :D only the Bandai 1/55's though because they can handle any punishment.

I think there was an error in the price of the guitar given by Cybergundam.

abeAPc7q.jpg

I do not read Japanese, but the price that would be 35,000 yen instead?

Full Translation:

Nekki Basara Guitar

Real Replica

Fire Bomber Model

「Scheduled for a July release (on the Arcadia Online Shop), preorders will be in June/ 350,000 yen」

10 (replicas) of these real, playable guitars will be produced for the first run. A case, pick, etc. will be included. Full length: 1200 mm *prototype*manufacturer* ESP

(ESP guitars are really expensive guitars)

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/blog/archives/nekkibasara-110521.html - if you have Google Chrome, you can translate the article

IMHO, the new 30th anniv 1J is SO SO Ugly... So many colors are used and turns out it is just a big mess on the back of a poor F14.

If they wants to use more color and make it beautiful, why not releasing a minmay guard combo?

I am definitely not gonna spend 15000 yen on such a badly designed toy.

Hope their 2nd release is better...

Edited by gwfalcon

Graham

Wow, I am so glad to hear I am not the only one! Now I can go home and tell my wife I am normal!

Graham

ProTip: Only bring the Cannon Fodder VFs to the bathroom with you, in case there's an "accident". ;)

I'm happy to see that regardless of whether people like the anniversary design or its price tag at least MW collectors are back to normal and have resumed their illogical complaining.

Japan Macross market doesn't care about US market

Well, but the US fans are better consumers than those of Japanese in case of the toys /model kits. Many Japanese Macross fans are the characters' ones, not the Valkyries'. They tend to buy CDs , comics, and the other items printed Sheryl, Ranka, Alto and the others are on. Because the Macross series have so many female fans in Japan. They don't care about any Variable Fighters.

So, the movie exclusive VF-25G Tornado Messiah plamodel is still in stock even though 30% off price...

Guest davidwhangchoi

All these complaints about the price are making me feel really stupid for panic buying a 30th anni roy for $200...

that's a pretty good price.

that's a pretty good price.

A month ago, sure... but when Arcadia eventually releases a brand new DYRL Focker 1S, it WILL seem high. A good price for the 30th anniv. DYRL w/ o.parts during the panic would be ~$135-150, imo... Or at least that's how much i saw they were selling for before people started jacking up the prices to 190-200++.

Guest davidwhangchoi

A month ago, sure... but when Arcadia eventually releases a brand new DYRL Focker 1S, it WILL seem high. A good price for the 30th anniv. DYRL w/ o.parts during the panic would be ~$135-150, imo... Or at least that's how much i saw they were selling for before people started jacking up the prices to 190-200++.

true, initially if they release the valks @ the usual 8900yen for the same model pre-order on amiami, i think the prices will go down and make any purchase look silly.

i remember i got a vf-1d trainer for 85 shipped new once the anniversary edition released (price dropped from 250 to 85)

But even before yamato went out of business the vf-1s roy tv w/ option parts went oop fast and prices were going @ 200 shipped normally bc it was hard to find before the news as well as the vf-1d anniversary.

the dyrl roy was still about 150-160. so yeah, it's a little off but i don't think 200 is that much off.

t

But even before yamato went out of business the vf-1s roy tv w/ option parts went oop fast and prices were going @ 200 shipped normally bc it was hard to find before the news as well as the vf-1d anniversary.

the dyrl roy was still about 150-160. so yeah, it's a little off but i don't think 200 is that much off.

yeah, the 30th anniv. TV valks did sell out fast but the DYRL ones sat on shelves for quite some time until the "panic"... i can still find a 30th anniv. CF for $100.

Will it? What if the new MSRP is $150 like the new valk?

Prices will only increase.

ever the optimist... :p