Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Is this a serious question? Giving away your industry sources means you end up blacklisted and never get any news in the future ever again. That's how these things work. I, for one, will vouch for the source in question.

Sounds fair enough! :p

Why all the hate on Toynami? Yes, they put out some crappy products, but they put out pretty good ones too. The MPC Betas and Cyclones come to mind. So it's not like it's impossible for them to put out a good toy. In fact, if they did inherit the Yamato molds and released them in the U.S. without messing with the designs, it could be a good turn of events. Imagine being able to buy a re-branded Yamato V2 from U.S. sellers and not have to worry about international shipping.

Why all the hate on Toynami? Yes, they put out some crappy products, but they put out pretty good ones too. The MPC Betas and Cyclones come to mind. So it's not like it's impossible for them to put out a good toy. In fact, if they did inherit the Yamato molds and released them in the U.S. without messing with the designs, it could be a good turn of events. Imagine being able to buy a re-branded Yamato V2 from U.S. sellers and not have to worry about international shipping.

I thought the Cyclones were Beagle?

Yeah, but their track record with the Mosepeda stuff... I know Yamato had some quality issues, but those things were just cheap as all hell. haha.

We'll see. We'll know when we know.

Why all the hate on Toynami? The MPC Betas and Cyclones come to mind.

uuuh no dude! Toynami only held the rights to distribute the Cyclones in the North America. If Toynami were to design and build the cyclones, its like asking for another tsunami while Rosanne Arnold singing the "Star Spangle Banner!" at the Giants game!! Hence, the 1989 earth quake

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Duh, they're talking about Toynami being a US distributor only. v2 VF-1 is perfect as it is, no need to design anything.

I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind paying less for a rebranded v.2 VF-1, or even VF-19s etc. yeah, Toynami Cyclones and Hasbro's MPs come to mind. You can always buy the more expensive Japanese import if you like... Choices are good...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Yeah, the Betas were by Aoshima (I think) and the Cyclones were by Megahouse for the standard and Beagle for the MPC. Toynami distributed.

You all made my point for me. So long as Toynami licenses and distributes a good design, there's no reason why they can't put out a quality product. The MPC Cyclone was literally the same toy that Beagle released with a modified head sculpt. The sticker sheet still even says Mospeada and Beagle all over it. It's when they either modify or adapt an existing design that wasn't all that great to begin with that we have problems. And since the Yamato V2s are a proven design, I can't see how Toynami re-branding and distributing in the US would be a bad thing. Saving on shipping alone is bound to result in a less expensive product.

You all made my point for me. So long as Toynami licenses and distributes a good design, there's no reason why they can't put out a quality product. The MPC Cyclone was literally the same toy that Beagle released with a modified head sculpt. The sticker sheet still even says Mospeada and Beagle all over it. It's when they either modify or adapt an existing design that wasn't all that great to begin with that we have problems. And since the Yamato V2s are a proven design, I can't see how Toynami re-branding and distributing in the US would be a bad thing. Saving on shipping alone is bound to result in a less expensive product.

My concern is are they going to make the child proof blunt nose cone like the Jetfire? :D

Anyway, just keep the fingers crossed that Arcadia will continue the line from Yamato, the 30th Ann. is a good start IMO.

You know that in order to offer them cheaper than Yamato, they're going to have to drive down production costs, which usually winds up meaning corners are cut, and quality suffers. I mean, we've had our problems with Yamato in the past, but if you thought that was bad...

Producing a good design means nothing if the design is assembled by people who don't know what the acronym QC even means.

Plus, you know.. that's all moot if they never even manage to ship the product from whatever bottom dollar factory in China they pick to use. I lost count how many supposed releases were "stuck on a ship" in China for who knows how long.

It's an interesting theory actually. If HG negotiated a deal with Yamato they could conceivably use the V2 molds for distribution in their regions, for both Macross and Robotech brands, as well as a few other molds.

The Yamato Garland was sold through robotech.com. I think it's just bad blood and a fear of Kawamori not liking it that prevents it from happening.

From what I understand, Kawamori could care less. In fact, he'd probably prefer people get the Yamato offering since he worked with Yamato than something Toynami produced on its own. It's BigWest that would flip a lid. Since BigWest is the company that decides who does and doesn't make Macross toys it's in everyone's interest to keep them happy. The only way Toynami could have sold V2 Yamatos is if they had purchased the molds from Yamato upon their bankruptcy (which clearly did not happen).

If Arcadia is a larger company and have more resources, what are the chances that better quality Valkyries could get produced?

If Arcadia is a larger company and have more resources, what are the chances that better quality Valkyries could get produced?

IMO V.2 toys have very good quality (specially after all revision Yamato did, crotch, shoulder joints, etc.). I don't know what could be improved in terms of quality in this toys. Even paint job is better than the 1/48's.

Sorry if I disagree, but toynami with yamato's molds is like giving a gun to a monkey. The cyclone MPC was good because the only involvement toynami had was repackaging such product. Beagle was the company that not only designed the cyclone but also decided which factory would produce it and the materials used.

We shouldn't be talking about or even mention toynami in this thread :lol:

Thank god we are just speculating and toynami will never put it's hands on the VF-1 v2 and other yamato molds.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

First, who said anything about Arcadia being a bigger company?

Also, better than the the masterpiece of engineering that is the VF-4?!?! Some people are never satisfied.....

Edited by Tochiro

First, who said anything about Arcadia being a bigger company?

Also, better than the the masterpiece of engineering that is the VF-4?!?! Some people are never satisfied.....

Yeah seriously, I thought by my initial impressions that they are the "New" Yamato. There is barely anything on the site, and I have not ever heard of them until the Yamato closing happened.

Maybe Darkhawk is referring to the VF-1's only?

1500th post, time to eat some pineapple but I don't want to die. :)

Edited by Loop

I think Arcadia has a more stable business model. They sell creepy dolls and PVC figures that sell like crazy.

They probably have a more fluid cash stream.

They probably have no idea how to market or cater to Mecha fans.

Hence, that ugly as 30th anni colour scheme.

I think Arcadia has a more stable business model. They sell creepy dolls and PVC figures that sell like crazy.

They probably have a more fluid cash stream.

They probably have no idea how to market or cater to Mecha fans.

Hence, that ugly as 30th anni colour scheme.

Nah...it's now become a tradition to design a terrible "anniversary" valk......... ;)

Yeah seriously, I thought by my initial impressions that they are the "New" Yamato. There is barely anything on the site, and I have not ever heard of them until the Yamato closing happened.

Haha, I just ate pineapple salad for lunch. Really!

Graham

Congrats on the 1500th post! Pineapple does sound good just stay away for guitars lol :p