Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

News from the frontlines!!!!!!

Reliable source says It's going to be a toy at 1/60 scale, transformable with professional box art.

So enough with all the :rolleyes: will Arcadia get the Macross 1/60 VF-1 license and Bandai BLAH BLAH BLAH conspiracy theories.

END OF TRANSMISSION.

Edited by Save

Reliable source says It's going to be a toy at 1/60 scale, transformable with professional box art.

So enough with all the :rolleyes: will Arcadia get the Macross 1/60 VF-1 license and Bandai BLAH BLAH BLAH conspiracy theories.

END OF TRANSMISSION.

Awesome news! :) I can hardly wait to see the first confirmed design. I wonder if some panic selling will begin.

END OF TRANSMISSION.

Like actual Art, or just photoshopped Product?

Because if it's Art, that's a world of Hurt, where the hell Will I display all the boxes?

can't just leave em' stacked in totes anymore.

Save = ftw

END OF TRANSMISSION.

really hope you are right! :-) although i've been "panic buying" most of what i want anyway...i hope our "golden age" of yamato macross toys lives on under arcadia! IMO yamato has not put out a bad valk since before the V2 vf-1's in 2008 (save for early bad shoulders and some reissues of other bad product). maybe they might actually improve upon what has been done too. onward and upward!!

i'll buy one of those ugly paint scheme valks just to support them. lol

Edited by Mechapilot77

END OF TRANSMISSION.

Great news!!!

Thank you Save!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

it's great now we can look forward to hopefully pre-orders that will last more than 5 minutes w/ arcadia:)

END OF TRANSMISSION.

I believe you for the first part (1/60 toy with box art) , but I'll hold and wait for the 'license' part.

Japanese have this 'spot license for conventions and special occasions' - meaning it's not permanent and only for '30th anniversary event sales'

Looking at the recent events, Arcadia might just have that for the time being.

Also rumors from unreliable sources (2ch) mentioned that Toynami acquired Yamato molds from Chinese factory...

I wouldn't bet on that 2ch rumor being true at all. Unless Arcadia is only painting up leftover stock for the 30th Anniversary release and/or Toynami decided they could sell VF-17's in the US I doubt that's transpired. Well, I suppose there's a third option. The 30th Anniversary VF-1 could actually be a new mold, or partially a new mold, and Toynami bought the older version... I still don't believe that.

Edited by Mommar

No link or source(s)!? Either way, I'm not gonna desperately fork out these ridiculous arbitrary prices even if Arcadia proceed with the production

gonna be cautiously optimistic on this one, but must say i've panic bought most of what i've wanted too. would definitely be happy if they reissued yamato stuff tho, like the sdf-1 and strike parts.

Imagine if it has more improvements and is a V3 :0 the rage that would spew out on Macrossworld :0

I'd be happy about it. From the pics we've already seen it's similar enough to a V2 that that the difference, and we don't know that there are at all, would be relatively minimal.

END OF TRANSMISSION.

Thanks!

So I guess the question now is if they have made any changes to their 1/60 v.2 mold..?

Awesome news... Thanks Save.

I'm glad i didn't go crazy panic buying... Just $250 for 2 x 30th SSP and a 30th 1S.

Now i can look forward to maybe buying a few more valks in the near future with some peace of mind not having to deal with scalped prices and crazy preorders. But i doubt we'll see reissues of the more obscure VF-1s since Yamato before only reissued the main characters' valks (there's hope for M&M 1Js for those who missed out!). I hope i'm wrong and i can get an Arcadia VF-1D VR, ha!

Thanks!

So I guess the question now is if they have made any changes to their 1/60 v.2 mold..?

They spent all that money on paint apps :D

I think the later release yamato stuff will still be highly collectible, even with arcadia releases.

We don't know the level of quality or detail at this point. They could just be painting V2 with silly color schemes until they break the mold.

Who knows if we'll see VF-0's, Elintseekers, ect?

Edited by Gakken85

Here's a thought, what if Yamato production of Valks never stopped, as in why some companies got stock of VF-17 super packs after Yamato went bust, but then the VF-1S Hikaru that HKC was so sure to get stock never came, what if Arcadia kept production but is repackaging everything in new Arcadia boxes and will soon announce the continuation of Macross toys under the Arcadia brand.

fingers crossed! :wub:

Imagine if it has more improvements and is a V3 :0 the rage that would spew out on Macrossworld :0

Imagine no possessions....I wonder if you can. No need for toys or models. A brotherhood of man... Imagine all the people sharing all the world.

Here's a thought, what if Yamato production of Valks never stopped, as in why some companies got stock of VF-17 super packs after Yamato went bust, but then the VF-1S Hikaru that HKC was so sure to get stock never came, what if Arcadia kept production but is repackaging everything in new Arcadia boxes and will soon announce the continuation of Macross toys under the Arcadia brand.

fingers crossed! :wub:

That seems even more likely now. :)

If Toynami put out a good Valk, there would be a fair amount of mixed feelings ;)

Toynami... Put out a good Valk... Why break a decade of dedicated tradition. :D

It's an interesting theory actually. If HG negotiated a deal with Yamato they could conceivably use the V2 molds for distribution in their regions, for both Macross and Robotech brands, as well as a few other molds.

The Yamato Garland was sold through robotech.com. I think it's just bad blood and a fear of Kawamori not liking it that prevents it from happening.

No link or source(s)!? Either way, I'm not gonna desperately fork out these ridiculous arbitrary prices even if Arcadia proceed with the production

Is this a serious question? Giving away your industry sources means you end up blacklisted and never get any news in the future ever again. That's how these things work. I, for one, will vouch for the source in question.