Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Being web-exclusive I'm pretty sure they're pulling a VF-4. Made to order and that's it. The only thing sitting on shelves will be either "used" or a few pre-orders that were never filled. Just like what we saw with the VF-4.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Those complaining at all should save up some money and start your own Macross toy company.

Be thankful that Arcadia is continuing the line. It might not be now, but I'm sure they'll make something you'll be happy with. If they never do, then complain.

eh, it's the forums... where everyone comes to voice various opinions and discuss things, as long as it's civil i think this is a place to voice contrasting opinions. i pre-ordered one to support Arcadia, and this is the first time seeing the option parts so commenting on the colors is ugly not showing un-gratitude, as long as your supporting them by putting 140+ dollars with your money, i think it's ok to express an opinion.

At least for me, this is the only i place i can complain and/or get excited about Macross toys, as my work environment would look at me crazy if i talked about toys. I'll lose credibility and my kill my profession. i hope it's ok, if i come hear to share my opinions. as i mentioned before, i'm very grateful that you broke the news as well as seeing Arcadia continue the vf-1 line.

but objectively, isolated from Arcadia's financial circumstances, commenting on this valk, i think this it's borderline unattractive and if it weren't attached to support them, i honestly think it wouldn't sell very well based on the design alone.

I wish they didn't have the 30th anniversary logo on the figure itself. On the box is where it's place is, and perhaps on a decals sheet.

It's been announced that the markings won't come on the figure.

No, it's been announced that there will be a decal and sticker sheet with additional markings, not that all of the markings are decals.

Considering that giant 30th Anniversary logo pretty much is required for the entire scheme to work I highly doubt that's a "marking." I guarantee you that's going to be straight tempo'd on.

Really.. you know, I'd consider buying this a lot more if they would release a pic of the version without the full markings.

The rainbow stripes aren't what bug me, it's all the logos and labels stamped all over the thing. Without all that overly-busy text, I think it wouldn't look bad.

Really.. you know, I'd consider buying this a lot more if they would release a pic of the version without the full markings.

The rainbow stripes aren't what bug me, it's all the logos and labels stamped all over the thing. Without all that overly-busy text, I think it wouldn't look bad.

I don't know.. but all those logos scream water slide decal to me (especially since it's been stated that there are decals).

Personally, I hate applying water slide decals, because I'm too afraid that I'd mess them up. If it turns out the logos are water slide, I'll probably leave mine without the logos applied. Plus it'll look less noisy.

Either way, my super pack would end up covering it up hahahah

Considering this is a transforming toy, the most logical conclusion is that the pics we are getting are the "naked" pics, can you imagine putting the logo in the fuselage with decal or waterslide decals, it will be a pain in the ass since the decals would be cut in about 5 or more pieces and could end horribly uneven. It's sold as a fully assembled toy.

Yamato's were always released with decal sheet for the extra marking "kites, pilot name, no step, warning, etc), and not until the Weathered editions and Assembly kits did they released waterslide decals that were a welcomed treat.

Maybe Arcadia decided to add both option for the extra "warning markings" to the 30th since it's an anniversary valk that will not be reissued or will perhaps continue this trend for all future releases.

Or someone who can speak/write japanese ask Arcadia in their twitter.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

You didn't expect them to be?

After seeing the sticker sheet for the Hasegawa 1/72 kit, I was hoping for a more naked valk,

And what would be the problem with that?

Really asking, because I can´t see anything wrong...

No, it's been announced that there will be a decal and sticker sheet with additional markings, not that all of the markings are decals.

Expect most, if not all of the markings to be decals.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39106&p=1050122

The Valkyrie will come with base colours, probably the stripes, but they've been trying to make it clear that it won't look like what you see in the pictures straight out of the box. They've gone out of their way to mention that it's just an example of how to decorate the valk.

Considering this is a transforming toy, the most logical conclusion is that the pics we are getting are the "naked" pics, can you imagine putting the logo in the fuselage with decal or waterslide decals, it will be a pain in the ass since the decals would be cut in about 5 or more pieces and could end horribly uneven. It's sold as a fully assembled toy.

Yamato's were always released with decal sheet for the extra marking "kites, pilot name, no step, warning, etc), and not until the Weathered editions and Assembly kits did they released waterslide decals that were a welcomed treat.

Maybe Arcadia decided to add both option for the extra "warning markings" to the 30th since it's an anniversary valk that will not be reissued or will perhaps continue this trend for all future releases.

Or someone who can speak/write japanese ask Arcadia in their twitter.

Argh. I've been trying to point this out almost every day here for the past week. They've been saying it won't come with the markings for a while now, there's no need to ask anything. For example, they've gone to the trouble of writing "This is an example with the stickers/decals applied" on each and every photo in this gallery that Dark_Ghost provided:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39106&p=1051978

Haha, i feel for you Renato... I don't think they'll stop speculating as to what's tampoed and what's not 'til they see a pic of the 1J naked. I myself have been waiting for the "naked" pics since this was announced before i comment any further.

As for the side covers... I wish they'd just use the same color plastic as the neck cover just like what was included with the GBP set or like the ones that come with the VF-1 kits.

Edited by m0n5t3r

As a modeler and a toy guy, I just can't even imagine the damage transforming/ let alone just handling this would do to the water slide decals...BAD IDEA. If you decal it up, you better be willing to never really handle it or take it out of fighter mode.

As a modeler and a toy guy, I just can't even imagine the damage transforming/ let alone just handling this would do to the water slide decals...BAD IDEA. If you decal it up, you better be willing to never really handle it or take it out of fighter mode.

That's why I'm saying that except for very specific parts of it, like all of the titles for all of the Macross series, the rest of it will likely have to be tampo'd because putting a giant waterslide in the places they have some of the images just wouldn't work. As it stands tampo in some of those places is pretty dangerous.

Argh. I've been trying to point this out almost every day here for the past week. They've been saying it won't come with the markings for a while now, there's no need to ask anything. For example, they've gone to the trouble of writing "This is an example with the stickers/decals applied" on each and every photo in this gallery that Dark_Ghost provided:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39106&p=1051978

sorry but i've read all those thread multiple times, gleaned all the info from the original japanese and they never inferred such. All i remember is a bunch of guys who don't know japanese panicking when it was mentioned there would be a sticker and decal sheet included. Honestly people here get there translations wrong all the time so i never go off the english translations. Kyekye is one of the only ones here who seems to be able to get context right.

sorry but i've read all those thread multiple times, gleaned all the info from the original japanese and they never inferred such. All i remember is a bunch of guys who don't know japanese panicking when it was mentioned there would be a sticker and decal sheet included. Honestly people here get there translations wrong all the time so i never go off the english translations. Kyekye is one of the only ones here who seems to be able to get context right.

So you're saying Renato doesn't seem to be able to get context right? It's funny but I would've said that if Renato doesn't get it right then probably nobody else does.

Renato, stop using that Google translator and go learn some Japanese!

Edited by Reïvaj

So you're saying Renato doesn't seem to be able to get context right? It's funny but I would've said that if Renato doesn't get it right then probably nobody else does.

Renato, stop using that Google translator and go learn some Japanese!

um.. no offense but a gaijin living in tokyo is the final say in all translations? sorry if i'm a little skeptical but i'm pretty confident in my bilingual ability, and i followed all those threads as they were being posted. i'll be convinced when i see the japanese text that says or even infers that most of the markings are stickers or decals, but i haven't seen anything that would suggest it's as renato says. eh, whatever, i'm not gonna buy one of these anyway.

hehehe, let's calm down, slow news from Arcadia is gonna make us tear apart.

Let's just agree that Arcadia has been very vague on details making it hard to jump to conclusions, let's just wait it out until Arcadia gives more details.

I'd like to thank all the japanese speaking members who keep up us all up to date on the news.

Is not our fault, its Arcadia's! :p

I'm one of many who's a little confused by various web pages and magazine scans.

To sum up my earlier translations, here's my understanding..

*30th Logo and title logos are not painted/printed and will be 'sticker decals' and 'water-slide decals' (I guess 1 sheet each)

*includes simple U shape stand

One magazine said some 'high-play value gimmicks' , but I guess there is nothing new about the mold itself or parts. I guess the reporter/writer was a newb and never seen Yamato Macross toys.. :ph34r: I'm still wishing for some minor improvement on the mold/parts for other VF-1 to come from Arcadia (like fixed shoulder joint.. ;) )

8981536949_9d60af30fd_z.jpg

Edited by kyekye

Guest davidwhangchoi

this has been interesting, i can't wait till the box art comes out...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah there it is. i read that too. 基本のカラーリングに追加出来る、マーキングステッカーとそれと同仕様の水転デカールも付属。機体中央の統合軍マークの意匠が分かるだろうか。translation: aside from the basic coloring there is a sticker sheet and water slide decal sheet of the same thing included for additional markings. can you see the technique of the UN logo in the center of the fuselage.

so call me crazy but i interpreted that to mean the UN logo is not a decal or a sticker. why? because why would they brag about the technique of the UN mark if the buyer themselves are the ones that have to put it on? japanese can be a very vague language, how you interpret this really depends on how you define "basic coloring" and "additional markings." basic coloring sounds just like the non-graphic colors in english, but in japanese it could mean that or it could also just be there to distinguish that there are "additional markings available aside from the basic markings you already see here." it's vague so it could go either way, but i would not say this is definitive proof that the UN logo is a decal you have to put on yourself. i was certain that the markings we are seeing are not decals, but reading it again i realize the wording is so vague there's no telling either way until they release it.

yeah there it is. i read that too. 基本のカラーリングに追加出来る、マーキングステッカーとそれと同仕様の水転デカールも付属。機体中央の統合軍マークの意匠が分かるだろうか。translation: aside from the basic coloring there is a sticker sheet and water slide decal sheet of the same thing included for additional markings. can you see the technique of the UN logo in the center of the fuselage.

so call me crazy but i interpreted that to mean the UN logo is not a decal or a sticker. why? because why would they brag about the technique of the UN mark if the buyer themselves are the ones that have to put it on? japanese can be a very vague language, how you interpret this really depends on how you define "basic coloring" and "additional markings." basic coloring sounds just like the non-graphic colors in english, but in japanese it could mean that or it could also just be there to distinguish that there are "additional markings available aside from the basic markings you already see here." it's vague so it could go either way, but i would not say this is definitive proof that the UN logo is a decal you have to put on yourself. i was certain that the markings we are seeing are not decals, but reading it again i realize the wording is so vague there's no telling either way until they release it.

You could be right. Technically it doesn't say "additional markings", though. It says that you get marking stickers and decals that you can ADD to the basic colouring. That's why I think they're basically all stickers, though I did write "most if not all". Regarding the bragging about the 30th sticker, yeah, I thought the same, but we have to wait and see.

um.. no offense but a gaijin living in tokyo is the final say in all translations?

Hmm. You should really listen to our podcast: http://www.macrossworld.com/category/speakerpodcast/

You could be right. Technically it doesn't say "additional markings", though. It says that you get marking stickers and decals that you can ADD to the basic colouring. That's why I think they're basically all stickers, though I did write "most if not all". Regarding the bragging about the 30th sticker, yeah, I thought the same, but we have to wait and see.

Hmm. You should really listen to our podcast: http://www.macrossworld.com/category/speakerpodcast/

stickers of markings you can add=additional stickers. so that's really semantics. btw yeah i've heard one of the podcasts before but don't see how that's relevant to anything.