Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

i think he's asking if a yamato super packs will fit, which it will...

Exactly :)

Well, if it fits....

I...hate you! :) :)

Preordered and I'll decide at the end of July. The one saving grace is that it's a nicer scheme than the Angel Birds...yeah, I said it! :)

That's exactly what I'm doing haha

Though, I might just cancel it right away, if Amiami's price will be lower

I just pre-ordered one and nothing crashed!!! WTF?!?!? :o Going to bed soon and sleeping straight through the night even!!! Suck it Bandai!!!!!! :lol:

To be fair, it is a VF-1 mold, something that should be cheaper than say.. a VF-25

I wonder how limited it will be.

Considering HLJ allows 10 per customer... I'd say not really.

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere above it was made to order?

It's made to order, so it's limited to how many sell in preorders.

Preordered, 140$ is within my window, especially with Option Parts

And a stand, I mean that's DX zone without the normal mark up.

God I love HLJ and being able to buy from them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's made to order, so it's limited to how many sell in preorders.

Preordered, 140$ is within my window, especially with Option Parts

And a stand, I mean that's DX zone without the normal mark up.

God I love HLJ and being able to buy from them.

there's no option parts... (at least in the photos)

Guest davidwhangchoi

amiami is 13500yen but it'll come about the same as hlj as their shipping charges are higher than hlj. also hlj was better service if something is faulty.

amiami is 13500yen but it'll come about the same as hlj as their shipping charges are higher than hlj. also hlj was better service if something is faulty.

True, though I usually have other orders from Amiami, so shipping works out to be pretty worth it for me when I ship multiple stuff together. HLJ, not so much unless they pull out one of their sales.

Also, I can't ship it with my Frontier Valks, cause it would hit my Customs tax ceiling (7% tax on total cost exceeding S$400).

Exactly :)

Well, if it fits....

That's exactly what I'm doing haha

To be fair, it is a VF-1 mold, something that should be cheaper than say.. a VF-25

Considering HLJ allows 10 per customer... I'd say not really.

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere above it was made to order?

Yes. Just like the VF-4G. Probably the best way to go at this point. Unless they nail down some huge new Macross license (Frontier, the VF-2SS, etc).

I spent $3000 with them last year. I didn't pay for two items, one simply because I overlooked the email, and they sent me an insulting email that tries to guilt trip the customer into feeling sorry for them like you've caused them to incur a financial loss becuase you didn't pay for a preorder. I told them how insulted I was to be blamed for the inability of a retailer to manage their stock, something I am somehow magically able to do for my businesses but the "world's largest online figure store" somehow can't manage, while I had given them $3000 in sales that year alone and the items I didn't pay for were each ~$75 worth of figures that they sold instantly to someone else upon relisting. Told them that they were to cancel all pending preorders as I would have nothing further to do with them. They never replied but instead would send me a payment request when a new item became available; I'd laugh at their stupidity and ignore it. Then they sent me another nasty email a few months ago to which I again clarified that I would not do business with a company that insulted me as a customer after spending that much money with them and if they bothered me again I would post our emails and my story on every collector's forum I'm on as well as their facebook page. They finally deleted the account after that. They are morons, complete total asshats and the worst customer service of any of the companies that sell anime figures directly from Japan. A friend of mine just had his account delted by them because he, unbeknownst to me, ordered a gift for me and tried to send it directly to me; so they closed his account. I mean seriously what a bunch of petty little shitheads. Never do business with them. It doesn't matter how loyal a customer you are, Amiami has the worst customer service out there. If anyone deserves to go under it is them, not Otacute.

wouldn't it be funny, if all that paint on the plane itself was just water transfer decal? Which we had to apply ourselves?

Boooo....no.

Yea! Now with east stand! I'm sticking with HLJ, amiami always has higher shipping rates!

Pre-painted Complete Model Scale: 1/60 Fighter Mode Size: 250mm Material: ABS, POM, Zinc Alloy, other Package: Closed Box + Sleeve

[set Contents] -Main Valkyrie model -Gunpod -Missile pod -3x anti-air missile -Pilot figure -TV edition posing hand parts

-East stand -Stand attachment -Marking sticker

Hold the phone, water slide decals?! We need a final in package shot!

-Water transfer decal -Instruction paper

Edited by usagiz

If you read Ami Ami's pre order BS fine print, it says they can go after you legally if you don't pay for your

Preorder.

For that reason alone, I expect a nasty email when I don't pay for my only pre-order.

Oh well, you should allow people to cancel them!

WOW!! what a bunch of pricks, glad I've never ordered from them.

Eh...grain of salt and all. I've ordered quite a few things from them without any issues. I'm an HLJ man myself though. I like to keep my options open so I'm cool with most online stores. I find when I stay calm and respond firmly but nicely, I'm treated ok enough.

...by all means, most of what we say here is anecdotal so take my experience with a grain of salt too.

Edited by xrentonx

wouldn't it be funny, if all that paint on the plane itself was just water transfer decal? Which we had to apply ourselves?

But that's pretty much the case, as I mentioned 2 pages ago.

But that's pretty much the case, as I mentioned 2 pages ago.

sorry, I missed that.

That said, it does list it as a pre-painted model, so I'm guessing the water transfer decals are minor stuff... like warning stickers and the Macross Kite.

Or... it could be that the stripes are pre-painted, and that macross logos for each series are the decals... that'd make more sense.. and is kind of a turn off now that I think about it

Eh...grain of salt and all. I've ordered quite a few things from them without any issues. I'm an HLJ man myself though. I like to keep my options open so I'm cool with most online stores. I find when I stay calm and respond firmly but nicely, I'm treated ok enough.

...by all means, most of what we say here is anecdotal so take my experience with a grain of salt too.

I've shopped a lot with AmiAmi, even had them change and/or cancel orders on several occasions, and I've never once had a problem with them. They're costumer service is generally reasonable and responds properly but I've also never missed a payment on a pre-order than copped an attitude like it was their fault so what do I know. :rolleyes:

I tend to default to HLJ since I've been a customer there for so long and because it's really easy to dump pre-orders, but If I definitely want something AmiAmi tends to be my first choice.

Hopes Arcadia sells well on this...and brings the rest of 1/60 line back ...and hopefully 1/48 along with it...a man can dream can he

I've done my part to support by preordering 2 sets...after a long discussion *cough* i mean persuasion with my inner self on getting a nascar looking VF...

Edited by vtx

Yes. Just like the VF-4G. Probably the best way to go at this point. Unless they nail down some huge new Macross license (Frontier, the VF-2SS, etc).

I spent $3000 with them last year. I didn't pay for two items, one simply because I overlooked the email, and they sent me an insulting email that tries to guilt trip the customer into feeling sorry for them like you've caused them to incur a financial loss becuase you didn't pay for a preorder. I told them how insulted I was to be blamed for the inability of a retailer to manage their stock, something I am somehow magically able to do for my businesses but the "world's largest online figure store" somehow can't manage, while I had given them $3000 in sales that year alone and the items I didn't pay for were each ~$75 worth of figures that they sold instantly to someone else upon relisting. Told them that they were to cancel all pending preorders as I would have nothing further to do with them. They never replied but instead would send me a payment request when a new item became available; I'd laugh at their stupidity and ignore it. Then they sent me another nasty email a few months ago to which I again clarified that I would not do business with a company that insulted me as a customer after spending that much money with them and if they bothered me again I would post our emails and my story on every collector's forum I'm on as well as their facebook page. They finally deleted the account after that. They are morons, complete total asshats and the worst customer service of any of the companies that sell anime figures directly from Japan. A friend of mine just had his account delted by them because he, unbeknownst to me, ordered a gift for me and tried to send it directly to me; so they closed his account. I mean seriously what a bunch of petty little shitheads. Never do business with them. It doesn't matter how loyal a customer you are, Amiami has the worst customer service out there. If anyone deserves to go under it is them, not Otacute.

The retailers i found that have bad customer service are N-Y, Mandadrake and jungle. All for different reasons and all of they rude and insulting. No issues with Amiami or HLJ (so far). Angolz actually had good customer service.

N-Y is the worst. I have had over 3 issues with them. They don't even respond to emails have the time. Mandarake pissed me off. I tried paying for something from them and their site wouldn't allow me to pay for some reason. I asked for alternate payment option to get them their money and they cancelled my order and sent me an insulting email stating "be careful before deciding to place an order next time if you are not willing to pay". That made me so mad, the problem was on their end.

Jungle is usually good but one time i scored some fast packs for $30. Then they cancelled my order for no reason. I sent an email asking what's up. No response. Emailed 5 more times - no answer. Finally get a response after i sent an email stating i'm not going away stating that i have 5 days to pay before the order gets cancelled. It worded very rudely too. I call Bs as it was only a day since i placed the order. I think what really happened is one employee decided to take the item for either himself of his friend. The email response i got when i initially ordered it was different from the norm> I remember thinking it was weird and not consistent with how they usually respond to orders. I saw that response in a recent order as well. Once i saw it, i paid for my item right away as i figured the same thing was going to happen.

Usually i wouldn't deal with these kinds of people but unfortunately they have us macross collectors by the balls. The only one i will be able to drop is N-Y. After the vf-25s is re-released, i will never order from them again. Looking forward to that. Bad customer service needs to be re payed with loss of customers. Considering the amount of money i've spent at N-y in the last 2 years, they should be worried about losing a customer like me.

N-Y is the worst. I have had over 3 issues with them. They don't even respond to emails have the time. Mandarake pissed me off. I tried paying for something from them and their site wouldn't allow me to pay for some reason. I asked for alternate payment option to get them their money and they cancelled my order and sent me an insulting email stating "be careful before deciding to place an order next time if you are not willing to pay". That made me so mad, the problem was on their end.

I had a similar thing happen with not being able to process payment via credit card ant Mandarake. I emailed them asking to change to PayPal and they reprocessed my order and sent me a new invoice with a new payment link within 3 hours.