Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Guest davidwhangchoi

Still no news on the supposed new the extra gimmicks?

Graham, commented, prior to the release of the 30th LSD photos, the gimmicks are most likely referring to the features of the current v.2. after the release of the photos it looks like that's the case...

which, if it stands, is good news as i don't want to begin re-collecting a new mold of the vf-1 so soon. it's way too early after the 30th anniversary valks w/ option parts released less than a year ago.

I sincerely doubt Arcadia will change much if anything on the VF-1 v.2 mold. We might get a minor tweak here and there, but I doubt even that.

I think the gimmicks referred to most like just mean the existing gimmicks that were on the Yamato v.2.

So Acadia will just likely issue the v.2 in a new box. That's my best guess.

Graham

Where does it say the stand is included?

it doesn't. But if you look at the two page spread one page back the Fighter is sitting on this clear U-Shaped stand that makes it sit banked at an angle. I think Kyekye is assuming that is coming with it... well, he could be asking if it will be included. You can see it in the photos though.

Edited by Mommar

Where does it say the stand is included?

8872344885_fb654afd28_o.jpg

I kinda assumed it.

It says " 1 set of weapon is included' and 'Exclusive Stand'

So that stand IS a 'product' and I thought selling that stand separately doesn't make much sense. So I assumed it's included.

It still could be.

専用 means that it is specially intended for use with this toy. It does not carry every single connotation that the English word "exclusive" carries.

写真の専用スタンドを使えば、手軽にディスプレイできる -- "if you use the special stand in the photo, you can display it easily". It doesn't explicitly say the stand is included, but the implication is there.

Edited by Renato

Yea! I dig any lucite stands that works for valks! And if its NOT included, it will be just like the special parts included sticker on my Cavaliers VF-1A... double the fugly, double the price, oh yea!

Strangely looking forward to this release...

Edited by usagiz

専用 means that it is specially intended for use with this toy. It does not carry every single connotation that the English word "exclusive" carries.

写真の専用スタンドを使えば、手軽にディスプレイできる -- "if you use the special stand in the photo, you can display it easily". It doesn't explicitly say the stand is included, but the implication is there.

Exactly.

Exactly.

That's word to word translation, Good job for that. but you gotta get the meaning of the sentence!

Do you think they will sell that 'cut-out and bent piece of clear acrylic board' separately?

Or do you think they will include it in the box?

That's all that matters in that line.

That's word to word translation, Good job for that. but you gotta get the meaning of the sentence!

Do you think they will sell that 'cut-out and bent piece of clear acrylic board' separately?

Or do you think they will include it in the box?

That's all that matters in that line.

The sentence doesn't clearly state if it's included or not. You yourself admitted that you assumed. I did as well saying it wasn't included. LOST IN TRANSLATION.................... :D

Just asked a friend...and he agreed with kyekye! So, it looks like the stand is included.

Edited by Cdisdope

Hahaha, can't believe we are arguing over one of the most fugly stands ever. And when was the last time Yamato even gave us included stands? I have ever only gotten them with the YF-21 and all of the SV-51's. I can't remember any others, so I don't even expect one with this valk, but even if they do add it , it's ugly as sin and would not use it.

*EDIT*

Looked at it again, it's sorta kinda ok for flight posing to the left only. But I would not pay extra for one.

Edited by Loop

Well, I believe the stand is intended to be used from exactly one angle because it will very explicitly show off the 30th Anniversary logo on the top of the fighter. And it would explain more of the cost besides just the additional color/tampo.

C'mon guys. It's first Macross item by a new company whose current flagship item is sexy doll figures.

While the design is colorful anniversary theme with 100 water decal logos and it (might) comes with cheap looking display base, we still gotta support if we can. :ph34r:

Cdisdope and Mommar; I never intend to argue whose Japanese is better, and I'm not a native Japanese speaker either. I just studied it for a couple of months a while ago. I just kept reading Japanese books and manga to improve it. I'll shut up now and never put translation again.

C'mon guys. It's first Macross item by a new company whose current flagship item is sexy doll figures.

While the design is colorful anniversary theme with 100 water decal logos and it (might) comes with cheap looking display base, we still gotta support if we can. :ph34r:

Cdisdope and Mommar; I never intend to argue whose Japanese is better, and I'm not a native Japanese speaker either. I just studied it for a couple of months a while ago. I just kept reading Japanese books and manga to improve it. I'll shut up now and never put translation again.

I think it was just friendly ribbing man, never hesitate to translate anything.

For the rest of us that picked a more unuseful second language, we ask... Please

Mr translator! translate another!

Also, the caption underneath the top and bottom views of the fighter mode states that the waterslide decals and sticker sheet are of identical markings, designed to compliment the "basic colouring" of the plane itself. The implication in this case could be taken to mean that the Valk will not actually come with all the logos readily tampo printed.

As many of you may have noticed, they like to imply things, rather than straight out give specific details.

kyekye...your translations are always welcome! It helps all of us. There are no contests...I wasn't being serious at all. :D I'm gonna continue to post whatever news I can and translate it. If you find some mistakes, let me know!!!

I am going back to occupying myself with whining about Bandai QC and lack of availability until we get some real Arcadia news and official pics of this THING... ;)

If this doesn't have a ton of tampo, I'll just wait for the inevitable HLJ fire sale...

8872344885_fb654afd28_o.jpg

I kinda assumed it.

It says " 1 set of weapon is included' and 'Exclusive Stand'

So that stand IS a 'product' and I thought selling that stand separately doesn't make much sense. So I assumed it's included.

It still could be.

Stand?
Anynone have ever tried Levitron Revolution Platform?

I think it was just friendly ribbing man, never hesitate to translate anything.

For the rest of us that picked a more unuseful second language, we ask... Please

Mr translator! translate another!

I'm not ribbing on anyone. Frankly, I'm confused why Kyekye is apologizing to me.