Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Hmmm, that pic is on a site blocked at work so I'll have to take a look tonight at home.

I'm mildly optimistic for now. Not sure yet how much I really want to delve into 1/60's given a very tight budget and other things higher in priority. Still, it's good starting news. Hopefully there's more from there.

Still looks ugly as sin IMHO. That fact combined with a jacked-up price are putting me off Arcadia before they even get out of the gate. I'd like to support them but I won't be doing so if they're only going to offer eyesore paint schemes from the get go.

Well, at least we are discussing because of a NEW VALKYRIE from ARCADIA that now we possitively know that´s going to be made...

So, try and be a little more optimistic about all this, all of you ! :D

Yes, it´s ugly... but there´s one at least.

You know... The king is dead, long live the king !

*Raising a glass of wine for Yamato.

Definitely a display piece for me. I hope Tenjin does a Hasegawa Box Art that I can frame next to this someday.

Also, I think this will be limited, so the price reflects that and the tampo process. Just a guess.

I guess 15,800 yen isn't that bad all things considered.

Considering that you can barely find one below this price, I think it is the new price range we should all get used to. After all, I do not know the exact reasons Yamato went out of business but perhaps Arcadia won't try to do the same mistakes, whatever they are

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nice! Glad to see something concrete. Now break out ALL reissues of the sought after valks!

the original one who broke the news is back! thanks for giving us the scoop.

as well as Dark_Ghost for confirming.

Now, we can relax and less "panic buy" except for the one's that may not be reprinted... lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Way too expensive considering what the same mold cost a few months ago. For that price I'd expect fast packs included. Matching after market value is no excuse to raise the price. Otherwise bandai might as well increase the price of their DX line to match NY prices.

I'm getting one just to celebrate the Yamato-Arcadia saga!!!

Heh. That's true, this is going to be remembered as a symbolic Valk, more than anything else. :p  The "VF-1P Panic Valkyrie", if you will. :D

the original one who broke the news is back! thanks for giving us the scoop.

as well as Dark_Ghost for confirming.

Now, we can relax and less "panic buy" except for the one's that may not be reprinted... lol

Thank you, sir!!! Makes me feel like a legend! :D I'm gonna leave work and go to some book stores soon and see if I can take clearer pictures of the article(s) (assuming the book stores don't put plastic over the magazines).

Heh. That's true, this is going to be remembered as a symbolic Valk, more than anything else. :p  The "VF-1P Panic Valkyrie", if you will. :D

I'm definitely in for one. Love the Panic Valkyrie! :)

Some silly arguments going on here. Comparing a new Valk with a pricey paint scheme to older Valks that were already on sale prices and a valk that sold so poorly it was heavily discounted as well.

I'd admit you have a point and my remark was off-base, but in the end it's still quite a bit higher than MSRP for previous VF-1 releases(the 30th anni /w option parts).

Still looks ugly as sin IMHO. That fact combined with a jacked-up price are putting me off Arcadia before they even get out of the gate. I'd like to support them but I won't be doing so if they're only going to offer eyesore paint schemes from the get go.

Yeah, I'd like to support Arcadia as I did Yamato, but they make it difficult for me by releasing Valkyrie schemes I simply don't want. :(

If it is a limited release then I guess it will sell well enough regardless of weather I get one or not tho... :unsure:

おはようございます!各雑誌様にてご覧になられた方もいらっしゃるとは思いますが、アルカディアよりマクロストイ【第一弾】として「VF-1J バルキリー マクロス30周年塗装機」が近日予約開始予定です!随時情報を公開してまいりますので、もう少々お待ちくださいませ!

Tweeter

Google Translator :

Good morning!! I think you looked at each magazine like also and come, but "30th anniversary painting machine VF-1J Valkyrie Macross" is soon reservation scheduled to begin Macross toy as [first step] from Arcadia! So we will continue to publish the information at any time, please wait a little longer!

Seems like Arcadia is planning to release more Macross toys. If so I only have two wishes. A VF-11C reissue (not gonna happen) and a VF-1J Milia Type from Mac7 (also not gonna happen). :(