Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think i'll prob quote that often to myself if arcadia decides to produce a new mold/improvements to the vf-1 and i re-buy the whole line

it'd be cool if they released fast packs for the vf-4

Other than some unofficial packs one of our members (sketchley) designed and a rough idea Kawamori had that turned into the Fast Packs for the VF-25 the VF-4 has no Fast packs and I guarantee there won't be any made for it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Other than some unofficial packs one of our members (sketchley) designed and a rough idea Kawamori had that turned into the Fast Packs for the VF-25 the VF-4 has no Fast packs and I guarantee there won't be any made for it.

yeah, i saw those a bit back! those were cool

just wishful thinking :)

Fine with me since I spent an obscene amount of money on my collection. I just hope it's the super ostrich.

Right there with you brother! I spent over 1k last month alone :(, not to mention my lack of space lately.

I was surprised the ostrich did not get reissued around the time of the Elint. I have a VT-1 already, but would not mind another. I almost bought the reissued VE-1, but had so many other toys in the pipe I let it slide. I still have the old v2 release and prefer it in fighter, actually I never even transformed it. I thought it was kinda stupid to buy the reissue for the option parts also because I just love the fighter mode. I would maybe take it to gerwalk at most one of these years maybe.

Edited by Loop

Guest davidwhangchoi

i had a feeling the ostrich would've been next in line for a reissue before yamato went under.

what will kill me is if Arcadia put out a new mold for the vf-1 line as a new company,

aside from panic buys, i think there will be some backlash if there's a redesign so soon after releasing all the option part valks for their 30th anniversary.

if a renewal/redesign does comes out it, should be for a line that hasn't been touched in a while such as the zero line.

i don't know if i can handle a vf-1s v3.0/2.5 right after buying their option part versions.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Right there with you brother! I spent over 1k last month alone :(, not to mention my lack of space lately.

I was surprised the ostrich did not get reissued around the time of the Elint. I have a VT-1 already, but would not mind another. I almost bought the reissued VE-1, but had so many other toys in the pipe I let it slide. I still have the old v2 release and prefer it in fighter, actually I never even transformed it. I thought it was kinda stupid to buy the reissue for the option parts also because I just love the fighter mode. I would maybe take it to gerwalk at most one of these years maybe.

I think I spent that much too :( last month. I agree about the VT-1. It was always in fighter mode and went into full gerwalk sometimes I feel it is more appropriate displayed in fighter mode.

i had a feeling the ostrich would've been next in line for a reissue before yamato went under.

what will kill me is if Arcadia put out a new mold for the vf-1 line as a new company,

aside from panic buys, i think there will be some backlash if there's a redesign so soon after releasing all the option part valks for their 30th anniversary.

if a renewal/redesign does comes out it, should be for a line that hasn't been touched in a while such as the zero line.

i don't know if i can handle a vf-1s v3.0/2.5 right after buying their option part versions.

So leave the 1/60's as-is and give us v2 1/48's :D

Why do we need a v3?

If ain't broken don't fix it!

We sure don't...but i think the logic behind it is that Arcadia needs a "V3" to appear as if their PT Valk is "different" from Yamato's V2....

The only thing I don't buy about this argument is that wouldn't that also entail needing to "retool" the molds for all other VF's if they are to be re-released???

Do we really need a VF-19 V2??? a VF-17 V2? a VF-4 V2?????

Maybe that is the hold up?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Why do we need a v3?

If ain't broken don't fix it!

agree!!!

but i think they would release a v.3 to make money :)

i don't think there will be much more demand for the vf-1 2.0 long term with the exception of the in demand valks. if arcadia just re-releases old stuff, i'm not sure if they well do well business-wise in a few years,

i just don't think they should release a v3 or v2.5 right away which i get a feeling could happen...

at least they should wait until they finish releasing all the 30th anniversary option parts valks for the vt-1 and M&M etc. since people went crazy and the demand is high for them.

so this news has me on the edge. can't wait till July 25th. for now i'll look and Bandai stuff. maybe a few rare valks.

If Arcadia is a larger company and have more resources, what are the chances that better quality Valkyries could get produced?

Maybe quality was the wrong choice of words. What about variety of Valkyries being produced

So I did some digging...

It seems most of all the former Yamato employees are working

At Arcadia as most of the former prototype vinyl type half naked

Figures are now showing up basically identical aside from box art and

The Arcadia logo...

Plus I asked HLJ what's up with the order stopped Yamato custom

Figures and got a reply..

this item is now being distributed by Arcadia, once we secure more

orders the preorders will open back up.

As the joker said " it's all part of the plan"

I think we just need to sit on our wallets and wait.

With the newer engineering techniques Yamato/Arcadia (it's all Mr. K) has already employed I'm pretty sure they could further make the VF-1 better. It wouldn't offend me if they released a V.3. I may or may not buy as many... depends.

Do we need a V2 VF-19.... we need a a V2 YF-19. I would argue they need to fix the ankles at the very least on the VF-19 though. There's plenty that could be fixed on a VF-17 V2 as well, honestly. maybe even a VF-4 V2, the arms/shoulders could use more dynamic movement.

8745983737_eacdd3f092_o.jpg

Quick notes from info (nothing really new)

*Mr K joined Arcadia (possibly as a contractor - or part-time) He mentioned 'irregular appearance', but I'm not sure if he meant 'at the office' or on 'Tweeter'.

*Nothing on Shizuoka Hobby Show, but will show something at Wonder Festival.

There is a Sweets & Bikini Version mentioned in the tweets. Does this mean we get VF-1 dressed up with an over sized Meldrandi bikini? :D

That would be their current flagship product Super-Sonico sexy doll! Hopefully not for long!

Again the issue for me at least is timeframe. Would be dismayed if they only put out 1-2 valks a year and focus on plastic ladies.

TBH, I usually only buy 1~2 valks a year and focus most of my spending on plastic ladies. :p

TBH, I usually only buy 1~2 valks a year and focus most of my spending on plastic ladies. :p

But we all know that. I think they seem to be concentrating on the figures more. Maybe they can finally make valkgirls.

With the newer engineering techniques Yamato/Arcadia (it's all Mr. K) has already employed I'm pretty sure they could further make the VF-1 better. It wouldn't offend me if they released a V.3. I may or may not buy as many... depends.

Do we need a V2 VF-19.... we need a a V2 YF-19. I would argue they need to fix the ankles at the very least on the VF-19 though. There's plenty that could be fixed on a VF-17 V2 as well, honestly. maybe even a VF-4 V2, the arms/shoulders could use more dynamic movement.

can't tell if serious... v2s of.. everything? V3 1/60? I'm perfectly happy with my v2, even if they did somehow improve it i wouldn't spend the $$ to buy a v3. the only new vf-1 i'd bother spending $$ on would be a v2 1/48. And of that list the only valk that needs a v2 is the yf-19. I remember complaining about the gullet and battroid proportions when all we had were cad drawings. Edited by cyde01

I sincerely doubt Arcadia will change much if anything on the VF-1 v.2 mold. We might get a minor tweak here and there, but I doubt even that.

I think the gimmicks referred to most like just mean the existing gimmicks that were on the Yamato v.2.

So Acadia will just likely issue the v.2 in a new box. That's my best guess.

Graham

I know that most people will disagree but personally I'd rather see the rainbow-tinted canopy reappear in a sort of v2.3 release (so that we don't say back to a v2.1!). Comparing my VF-1J mass to the VF-1A Mass 30th anniv the J simply looks more special! I have seen the effect develop these hairline-like cracks on my weathering VF-1S, but still i prefer it this way, and again it looks more special than the VF-1As weathering i have.

I know that most people will disagree but personally I'd rather see the rainbow-tinted canopy reappear in a sort of v2.3 release.

I have a hard time understanding why peeps does not dig the rainbow-tinted effect on the canopy over a plain clear canopy that is just looks plain!