LEGO Macross VF-1S Skull Leader

daikoncat

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums here, so please let me first introduce myself! I have been a long time Macross fan as far back as I can remember. I have always been into the toys, especially the VF-1 Valkyries from the orginal series. From the old-school 1/55 Bandai/Takatoku's to the new Yamato variations...I loved them all.

I just wanted to share a project that I have been working on that I am sure most of you will enjoy.

I'm also a big LEGO fan, and work on my own custom creations. I've recently built a fully transformable VF-1S Fokker Type. Though its not the first ever, LEGO Valkyrie, I feel that my design is a lot closer to the actual designs when compared to other LEGO Valkyrie models that are out there on the web.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions as I am constantly working on trying to improve it! :)

Any way, here is my creation!:

LEGO Macross VF-1S with removable Fast-Packs:

8651083184_c7acb8205b.jpg

Fighter Mode

8651082716_76b8e11ae4.jpg

Gerwalk Mode

8651082364_c1652ed938.jpg

Battroid Mode

You can find more photos of my model here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daikoncat/8651084788/in/photostream

-daikoncat

I already saw this on Brothers Brick (http://www.brothers-brick.com/2013/04/15/this-jolly-roger-transforms/) and i loved it! :D

Awesome build, and i would really love to see a video of it transforming.

Thanks! I'm planning on putting a video together showing just that, I'll post it here when it's done.

Welcome to the boards!

That's a very cool looking rendition of Focker's ride.

Have you tried adding on the skull heatshield? It would definitely improve your already great looking version

Thanks for the greeting! I've been thinking about that, a decal is definetly possible on the heat shield. I'll give it a shot!

That's pretty awesome. It looks like it has pretty good articulation too with the ball joints. Very nice work!

It looks pretty final to me!!! :lol: Great job daikoncat!

As a person who has built many things (in my youth) out of Legos, I have to say; That Rocks!!

Welcome and great job!

Thanks all! I made changes to the joints so that it is more stable in battroid. The model weighs about 1 pound with the fast-packs attached. I hope to have some updated pictures of it this weekend.

By the way, this project is on Lego Cuusoo http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/39360

It's a long shot, since it's its pretty much unlikely that Lego would be able to obtain a license to produce this as a set, and the fact that there is already another geat Macross project there with 6k+ support doesn't help my chances either :p

Thanks daikoncat for posting the transformation video of your awesome creation. It would be so awesome if you could/would perhaps put together a tutorial on how to construct such an awesome Lego build (parts, instructions, cost, etc.) I would great appreciate it (as well as countless other members of Macross World I'm sure) ^_^

Welcome to the boards!

That's a very cool looking rendition of Focker's ride.

Have you tried adding on the skull heatshield? It would definitely improve your already great looking version

Here it is, added the skull heatshield >=)

8700307808_b54164e01d.jpg

Larger photo is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daikoncat/8700307808/

Up next...Armored Valkyrie!!!

8694311923_28512b461e.jpg

Daikoncat LEGO VF-1S with Takatoku 1/55 GBP-1S Armor

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my latest Lego Macross creations with you. Please check out my VF-1S Strike Valkyrie and Armored Valkyrie GBP-1S "Urban Camo" Version:

Hikaru's VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, Fighter Mode

8931825953_5370de96b5.jpg

Hikaru's VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, Gerwalk Mode

8932442682_94d11857fb.jpg

Hikaru's VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, Battroid Mode

8931831929_b4981a8f8b.jpg

GBP-1S Armored Parts "Urban Camo" Version

8931833293_7220b3d432.jpg

Amored Valkyrie GBP-1S

8932449682_d0385e3cb6.jpg

Armored Valkyrie GBP-1S, Burst Mode

8931869743_e692b43c19.jpg

More pictures of the Armored Valkyrie can be found on my Flickr Photo stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daikoncat/

If you want these Lego models to have a shot at becoming a real Lego set. Then please register and vote for them on Lego Cuusoo: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/39360

I would really appreciate any support or feedback.

:D :D :D

Very cool! :)

I am impressed! Those (suppossedly) professional guys at Kre-o( actually Oxford) should be ashamed they can't do a transform able version of their transformers !

Awesome stuff.

I am late to the party here but these are awesome stuff

Holy crap! Armored GBP VF-1S frickin rocks.... genius idea

Thanks all, I really do appreciate it! I'm plannning on doing the VF-1 Elintseeker and Super Ostrich next. But I'll proabaly work on the VF-1A, D, and J first since its just a head redesign and a color change.

I'll be sure to post those all in the forums when they are complete :)

You can upload the final product with instructions in Rebrickable.com

LOVE IT VERY MUCH!!!! WHERE CAN I GET IT???

Please simply register at http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/39360 and vote for my project. There is no obligation and it will only take less than 5 minutes of your time. If I am able to achieve 10,000 votes, LEGO will review my model and determine if it can be made into a real LEGO set.

I know that there is a chance that my idea will not make it into production, but I still would like my work to have the chance to be reviewed. Who knows, maybe they will like it enough to make it happen. :p

I would not want to disappoint everyone who supports my project, so I've decided that, if my project achieves 10,000 votes, and regardless if LEGO choses to mass produce it or not, I will create the instructions for my VF-1S and make it available for free to the public.

Lego would be insane to not want to release them as products. Didn't they recently have a line of sci fi robots that you could build and some of the pilots resembled actual macross characters?

Yes! Something called exo-force was released in 2007. Too bad I wasn't into Lego during that time lol.

Yes very well done.

Urban camo is my fave scheme for the VF-1 in GBP. (along with grey low vis vf-1)

How long did this take you to build?

Thank you! I started designing the GBP armor just about a month ago. I only worked on it during my free time and I wasn't keeping tally of the time I spent on it. But I'd estimate about 5 hours a week, so maybe ~20 hours total.

Edited by daikoncat

I had already registered and clicked the support button at the site you linked to on my first post of this thread, and also helped spread the word on a little videogame board I go to.

I would suggest you show this to people who hang out o science fiction boards, anime boards, videogame boards(there is a macross videogame out now to celebrate 30th anniversary so now is the time) and robot and toy collectors boards in order to get full exposure for your work so you can quickly get the support you need. They would be interested in this type of thing.

I'm sure anyone in their 30s would remember robotech/macross from the 80s and have the money to purchase one of these should they be made into a product to be sold.

This puts EXO force to shame. LOL

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I had already registered and clicked the support button at the site you linked to on my first post of this thread, and also helped spread the word on a little videogame board I go to.

I would suggest you show this to people who hang out o science fiction boards, anime boards, videogame boards(there is a macross videogame out now to celebrate 30th anniversary so now is the time) and robot and toy collectors boards in order to get full exposure for your work so you can quickly get the support you need. They would be interested in this type of thing.

I'm sure anyone in their 30s would remember robotech/macross from the 80s and have the money to purchase one of these should they be made into a product to be sold.

This puts EXO force to shame. LOL

Thanks for the vote and for helping spread the word! I've been trying to share on different types of forums, but I have not yet tried a sci-fi board, so I'll look for a good one and post there as well. Thanks for the tip :)

• 1 year later...

Actually, LEGO Ideas already passed on it, as it came under review either last cycle or the cycle before. They didn't really state the reason, but I'd assume Harmony Gold was probably part of the rejection. Too, because it so closely resembles a modern warplane in a relatively obscure anime that deals with mature themes, it was probably deemed not a good fit by LEGO's standards.

I'd imagine the designers liked it, though, esp Mark Stafford, who's responsible for the majority of mecha designs found across most of LEGO's action themes since 2006.

Wow, that's a true labor of love right there. I had ambitions of making a lego valk before, but this guy actually upped and did it. Too bad Lego doesn't seem to have an interest in licensing anime-based designs for their products.