Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Kit Custom/Detailing by Kye

kyekye

Which one will this be in the end?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. I have some more time to decide if this will be VF-1S Focker Strike or VF-1S Hikaru Strike before mid-painting/decal pass. Please help me choose one!

• VF-1S Focker Strike Pack DYRL
    • VF-1S Hikaru Strike Pack DYRL

• 4 weeks later...

I packed up all my stuff and my house is on sale now.

Not many buyers these days, so I might have to delay my moving and get back to my VF-1 custom over the winter..

This is what used to be my man-cave....Now all clean and dandy. (Someone.. please buy my house.. T_T; ;)

10303139585_00c783beee.jpg

Somewhere between Redwood City and San Jose, I think.

It's freakin' expensive over there! I need to sell off my house first before moving thou..

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the saddest thing I have ever seen because I have visited that former glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, speaking of which, I need to buy a house soon. My place is getting too dense with books and mechs these days. First world problems.

- Nghia

Edited by nghia59

• 1 month later...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the saddest thing I have ever seen because I have visited that former glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, speaking of which, I need to buy a house soon. My place is getting too dense with books and mechs these days. First world problems.

- Nghia

You should just buy mine then!! I know you have more stuff than I do! :D

wow...this is mind blowing!!! this is pure awesomeness!!! this is how you do a kit!!! :p

I thought there was an update on this :(

The whole house selling deal didn't go as I planned.

2 of the offer I received fell through and I'm waiting for the next month to re-list my house.

Sadly, all my stuff is still in the boxes and won't be seeing the light until I settled down in new place..

My guess is sometime April..

Edited by kyekye

• 3 months later...

I'm fairly new to this site, and seeing what people can actually do! (i've always been the type to do things as they are on the box, or take things as they are).

Anywho, this was/is a truly amazing build to discover!!! It gave me some ideas on stuff to do to my hasegawa 1/48 strike... now to find where the heck I can find some of that neat-o wire mesh you used on the air brake.

And Norcal is expensive as all heck, but at least there are still places for everyone to enjoy. I live in the city that is the portal of google.

• 1 month later...

I feel bad for you man,

how come your house doesn't sell?

Is it the place? Its price? The decorative finishes?

I hope it'll sell quickly by now, not that I am eager to see how the valk's going but rather because I know what a pain in the A it can be to remain in stand-by when you feel your life needs a new start.

Good luck!

Well, I'm not sure what the reason was. I did get multiple offers, and the buyer pulled it out because they couldnt get the loan rate they wanted. Its currently in escrow now. Hopefully this one goes through, and then I can finally move and set up my new mancave soon..:)

• 1 month later...

FYI, I finally sold my house and moving to Santa Clara/Sunnyvale area tomorrow!~

It's temporary before buying a house there, but I can set up my work table and continue working on my hobby at least. (It was long break from most of my hobbies. I thought I was going to die... :o )

• 10 months later...

Currently on hold until I get my new house and set up mancave...Hopefully very soon!

Loute approves this comment ;-)

Edited by Loute

• 6 months later...

After a fregin' long wait, searching and bidding wars, I finally got myself a new home.

Buying a house in northern California is a crazy nightmare.

Anyways, Moving in soon and continuing all my projects as I settle down next month!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 9:00 AM, william02 said:

Same thing here, what is going on?

Yeah. What's up with this guy..

Seriously, I need a little more space to put airbrush and spray booth at least to continue with this project.

I'm crammed into a tiny old house and busy saving money to fix it. There is not much room for hobby in the house, so I'm fixing garage now.

Will eventually get to it.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Welcome to Bay area living!

I want to go back!

1 hour ago, Valkyrie addict said:

Nice to hear you're ok, RL really screws up with our hobbies and time goes by very quickly

God luck with your house renovation!!

real problem is my toy collection currently filled up in my garage. I gotta start selling some to make room after renovation.

I know I'll regret it later, but i don't see any other way ATM.

29 minutes ago, eugimon said:

excuses, excuses. :D

Partially true. I got the feeling that someone will make a nice finished toy version of this by the time i finish this mod. (happened so many times)

At this rate, it might just come true if i wait it out :p

54 minutes ago, eugimon said:

let me know when you start your fire sale. 

It won't be any Macross stuff thou. I'm not letting any of those leave my side :p

Probably start with my least favorite and old ones.