100% Pure Macross Logo (who created it)

(Mods- If I put this in the wrong place, please shift it to where it belongs [i thought long and hard and wasn't sure where else to put it].)

The question should be fairly easy: does anyone remember who created the 100% Pure Macross logo?

puremac.jpg

A google search shows that Omni Existence uses/used it at another forum, but I can't find if he/she is the one who actually designed it.

I ask because I am working on a little project (coming soon to a MacrossWorld Fan Art forum near you!) inspired by the logo, and want to be sure it is properly credited.

Thx!

Yeah, I remember when this was being designed. It was meant as a backlash against the whole Harmony Gold Cease & Desist order BS that was going on around 2001-2002. I actually thought it was you, WhiteDrew. I did know who it was but it has completely slipped my mind in my old age. I want to say Hurin, eriku, or even skullone (though probably not). But yeah, EXO should know.

I tried searching in various sections on the MW Legacy forums but nothing came up. Then again, I have never, ever found anything that I was looking for using the search engine on these forums...

I did find this off-topic gem, though:
http://www.macrossworld.com/cgi-bin/mwfarchive/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=8;t=8237;hl=accept+no+substitutes

Then again, I have never, ever found anything that I was looking for using the search engine on these forums...

I tend to be more successful using Google to search these forums...

... ah well, at least it keeps the MW's server load low.

The color scheme is directly from the MLB logo. The quote is somewhat based on a line from "Air America." (Not a good movie, but the line made me laugh). While I created the logo itself from scratch, I hesitate to take credit for the concept behind it. The art itself is (I think) based upon/inspired by someone else's work, but I don't recall who. I could be wrong, but it was a long time ago. I think it was a case of "that's not bad, how about this."

On a side note, I was a complete mess in 2005, wow. I'll blame my ex-fiancée, and will leave it at that. And who the hell is Nanashi?

Edited by Duke Togo

Oh, that was you? Wow, I'm sorry I forgot that. Still, I do remember it had it's own thread, and yes, I remember you said you were basing it on the MLB logo. Cool that it has become -- or remained, rather -- so iconic. :)

Oh, that was you? Wow, I'm sorry I forgot that. Still, I do remember it had it's own thread, and yes, I remember you said you were basing it on the MLB logo. Cool that it has become -- or remained, rather -- so iconic. :)

That logo goes back to what, 2002? I don't recall the timeline exactly, but that was when everyone was really "militant" over Harmony Gold blocking the releases of VFX-2 game and the YF-19 Valk in the US.

Heck, one of the characters in my webcomic strip (currently on hiatus due to our recent international move) has it tattooed on his forearm...

:D

That's awesome!

I wish I could recall how the logo originally came about. I am fairly certain there was a discussion thread with members doing variations on that theme, and eventually I did my own. The only element of it that I still have left is the picture of the SDF itself, in full detail.