Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter

logos

So the Kickstarter launched for Robotech RPG tactics:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm

It easily met it's target already.

The miniatures look pretty good but it's quite expensive. $70+$30shipping to get into the game....? I could swallow the $70 but the $30 to shipping outside of the US seems a bit steep.

Anyone thought of getting into this? I bought into the $140 pledget (+$30 shipping) but I still might back out to the bare minimum pledge yet. There is 32 days to go. Then again I might not....with no valks to buy my toy budget is actually starting to acumulate money! I might just go through with it for shits and giggles. Anyway.....

I know everyone here is not a big fan of Robotech and/or Harmony Gold but it looks kind of cool.

I was going to bring this up, but didn't because of the sheer amount of Robotech-hate on this forum ^_^

But the figures do look neat and I will be buying the superest dooperest version of the game possible. If this version sells well then they'll look to doing the Southern Cross and New Generation as well, which are the ones that really interest me.

I guarantee you its not a lot of robotech fans who are backing this, its the Battletech players so they can get new models in the same scale of the "unseen". I've already told HG the books for the game will sell like crap, but the models will fly out the door. I actually suggested doing these figures over 10 damn years ago! ;)

I think that the figures for the VFs, especially in Guardian and Battloid mode, don't look too good. I know that someone designed a Gnerl (don't know the RT name) and is selling it on Shapeways... wouldn't be surprised if HG bought one and then stole design just like they did with for the Super-Poseables.

This brings up an interesting thought project, though. If Kickstarter existed back when HG started their whole C&D campaign, I wonder if Macross fandom around the world could've funded enough money to retain a lawyer and expose exactly what they do or do not own?

Don't know how anyone can say the miniatures look nice, all I'm seeing are CG renders, which doubtless have a lot more detail than the tiny physical minis will, if these are even the same models the final version will be based on.

But yeah, if this was "Next Gen" I'd be all over it regardless.

How is Palladium Books' track record when it comes to releasing products on time?

Terrible. I have almost every Rifts and Heros Unlimited book and they rarely meet their release dates, That being said they are partnered with another company so they might be forced to...we will see.

????WTF?????

If the moderators are going to move someone's topic the least they could do is TELL THEM THEY ARE DOING IT!

I posted this in the gaming thread cause you know....it's a game...........ah Macross Forums.... <_<

Edited by logos

The mods are under no obligation to inform you if they move something.

Plus, this is not a Macross game, it is an RT game. It has been pretty clear for years that if it isn't Macross, it goes in Anime and Science Fiction. Sheesh...

FYI they have informed me before. Just pissed me off a little when I checked the forum this morning and I could not find my topic. Also I don't care if they are not obliged or not. I would have just liked a smiggen of curtesy, besides I don't think it is obvious to only post Macross to the game page. There is plenty of talk of Robotech there.

I don't want to make a big deal of this guys. Just me venting my frustration.

Edited by logos

Terrible. I have almost every Rifts and Heros Unlimited book and they rarely meet their release dates, That being said they are partnered with another company so they might be forced to...we will see.

Up to now I've only known Kickstarter through the video game projects that been started there, as well as the projects that went nowhere after getting their funding. I'd hate to see people get screwed by a company that already has a reputation.

Up to now I've only known Kickstarter through the video game projects that been started there, as well as the projects that went nowhere after getting their funding. I'd hate to see people get screwed by a company that already has a reputation.

I would not be too concerned about it. Palladium has been making Pen and Paper RPGs for decades. If there is a delay it will be because of the book and not the figures IMO. Siembieda has a habit of over extending himself on work and micromanaging to much IMO.

Also Palladium has been running crowd funding on their own website to release products for a year or two now and while they have a tendancy to be late they have always released the product. So if they are saying Dec. 2013, I wouldn't be too worried about it just don't be surpriesed if they are 6 months late. Hopefully the Kickstarter means Siembieda has his crap together though as now he has a fixed deadline he has to try and follow up on. This is from a newsletter that I get from Palladium every week.

UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™

A massive undertaking like Robotech® RPG Tactics™ takes a

lot of time and a lot of work by a lot of people, both at Palladium Books

and at Ninja Division – not to mention Harmony Gold to review

and approve art, writing, packaging and sculptures, as well as present notes

about any changes. EVERYONE is putting in a great amount of time and energy to

make this product line rewarding, fun and epic.

* The rules for Robotech® RPG Tactics™

have been play-tested like crazy by what I believe is 80-100 people (thank you

everyone!). They have been reworked, tweaked and fine tuned to the point that

they are pretty much done to everyone’s satisfaction. There are still some

minor tweaks and adjustments to be made, but Ninja Division and all of us

believe we have a solid set of rules that captures the action and capabilities

of the TV show combined with fast game play and scalability from skirmish

battles to mass combat. Fun, fun, fun.

* Palladium has its first draft written for most of the color text going

into the 96+ page Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book.

* Box cover art is looking nothing short of awesome. You will see it in the Kickstarter.

* Interior rule book art and design elements are coming in at a rapid pace

and looking excellent. You’ll see some of them in the Kickstarter.

* Final sculpts for UEDF and Zentraedi forces are also coming in and getting

approved. How do they look? Mouth-watering. As die-hard Robotech® fans

ourselves, the game pieces have to pass muster with us as well as Harmony Gold.

Dedicated to quality, the Ninja Division crew of sculptors have been

working diligently to make final 1/285th scale game pieces that Robotech fans

will adore. You’ll see many of these in the Kickstarter.

* The Kickstarter is tentatively slated to launch next

week sometime, but no promises. We want to do it right, and Ninja

Division been has pounding away at it for a while now. Like I said, the scope

of this undertaking is massive. Creating dynamic quality on every front takes

time and a lot of hard work. There are a lot of moving pieces and a lot of

people involved. Ultimately, we want an end result that makes you as excited

and happy as we are about it.

* The ultimate scope of Robotech® RPG Tactics. What is

revealed in the Kickstarter next week is just the beginning,

and focuses only on the Macross Saga. If this Kickstarter and the full

launch of the game to the retail market is the success we all expect it to be,

this is very much only the beginning. Palladium Books plans to do game pieces

and expansions for ALL the Robotech Wars and eras: Macross Saga,

Masters Saga, New Generation and Shadow Chronicles.

We would even like to produce a space combat game focusing on battles between

spaceships. With the right resources and support, we plan to expand Robotech®

to the heights of adventure us Robotech® fans have always wanted. Game on!

This and that

Like I have been saying, we've been on fire in the creativity department and

focused on getting the RPG products you have been waiting for finished and

released. That includes launching the Kickstarter and getting Robotech®

RPG Tacticsâ„¢ finished and sent into manufacturing. To that end, more

long days are ahead of us. Wayne and I were at the office past 10:30 PM Tuesday

night, and continue to put in long hours and work weekends.

It is nice having the creative energy of Chuck Walton, who has been

working at the office every day this week and plans to continue to do so in the

weeks ahead. Ben Rodriguez has also being coming to the office to

draw, and Matthew Clements may also be using Palladium’s facilities.

Meanwhile, Palladium’s freelance artists and writers continue to work on a

number of projects. We have a ton of new books and projects in development, but

we aren't going to talk about them until many of the long-awaited titles are in

your hands.

Friday evening, the Palladium crew is taking the evening off to celebrate

Julius’ and my birthday. I’m looking forward to a little break with friends. On

Saturday, Wayne, Alex and I will be back at work to finish up editing and

layout of The Rifter® #62.

Edited by logos

FYI they have informed me before. Just pissed me off a little when I checked the forum this morning and I could not find my topic. Also I don't care if they are not obliged or not. I would have just liked a smiggen of curtesy, besides I don't think it is obvious to only post Macross to the game page. There is plenty of talk of Robotech there.

I don't want to make a big deal of this guys. Just me venting my frustration.

Maybe it's because you HAVE been informed before. How about extending us THE MODS a smidgen of courtesy. People are told over and over that this is a Macross site. Everything else, in this section.

Thanks! Just venting my frustration.

Hm, even at 70 bucks considering what you get, I'd probably buy this and enjoy playing.....................................by myself.

Stop-you're making me flash-back to my high school days... :D

Stop-you're making me flash-back to my high school days... :D

Well when ya take into consideration this is obviously a multiplayer table top game I mean where in the hell are ya gonna play it? Who's gonna play it with you? I dunno about you guys but it feels to 80's and early 90's for me. I don't even know anyone who knows what Robotech is in my area.

I'll buy this, I got no problems with that, it'd be a good collectors item. But playing it? Completely different story, unless you're doing it over skype! HAH! There's a great idea.