Godzilla-WB/Legendary production, on DVD/Blu-ray Sept. 16, 2014

Yup MonsterArts Godzilla 2014 is officially on pre-order! He's set to release in October, I already pre-ordered two, I can't wait, the NECA versions just, uh, didn't do anything for me to say the least. Now the real question, will we get MonsterArts MUTO 1 and 2? I'd hope if they do they would decide to sell them together in one package, I would hope they wouldn't nickel and dime us be releasing tiny little male MUTO separately.

I think my favourite part was how the US military, or all the humans, really, had absolutely zero impact on the final outcome. All those people, all those ships and tanks and trains and guns and missles... did absolutely no good whatsoever.

Maybe I'm just used to Michael Bay's approach to the military, but this was nice to see how 300ft monsters just shrug off everything thrown at them :D

I think my favourite part was how the US military, or all the humans, really, had absolutely zero impact on the final outcome. All those people, all those ships and tanks and trains and guns and missles... did absolutely no good whatsoever.

Maybe I'm just used to Michael Bay's approach to the military, but this was nice to see how 300ft monsters just shrug off everything thrown at them :D

That's not entirely true, Ford had two defining moments with Godzilla and the MUTO, the first when he blew up the eggs and drew the ire of the female MUTO and again when we had a magical moment staring into Godzilla's eyes.

-b.

Must also remember that a lot of what we see the military using is ridiculously inadequate. There were some moments that were like: Seriously? Da fu*k do you think you're gonna do to that 300 ft dinosaur with an M4 carbine?! :blink:

Greatly annoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I liked the movie overall but the military bit irked me:

1.) You wouldn't sail your CBG _that_ close to a threat all the way across the pacific. What is this? Dolphin watching!??!?

2.) You dont idle your fleet of ships immobile in San Fran bay like that with threats approaching.

3.) Where the hell were the A10s!?!??!?!?!

4.) M4s and gunship door guns against Kaiju!?!?!?

5.) Why the hell do you have to haul the minuteman by train when you can heli-lift it? And why bring the entire rocket when the warhead/payload was enough?

Overall, just wished they had thrown more heavy weaponry at the MUTOs and Gojira.

Best part of the movie was when his tail spikes started crackling blue/white. I was waiting for the atomic breath from the moment the fighting started.

In a sense, poor MUTOs. They were just natural organisms wanting to mate.

*Why'd they use CV-88 Saratoga BTW? Not like the ship went down in the movie. Could have used a real name.

*Why'd they use CV-88 Saratoga BTW? Not like the ship went down in the movie. Could have used a real name.

I wondered that too. For the few external shots showing the hull number at all, I think they could have even used stock footage etc.

A-10s never get enough love in movies, neither do they get much love from the Air Force, so that is probably why. But let's face it, the A-10 is probably the only platform that could have done some serious damage to the Kaiju. There isn't much on this earth can stop a 30mm DU round. Even with all the electronics getting fried by the Kaiju, a Hog could have still come in and done some serious harm to those beasts.

Just for arguments sake. If a 150m tall monster was on the way. What would the US military do?

I would say A-10s and C130s dropping MOABs would be likely candidates after F-18s fail.

Would hellfires and harpoons/tomahawks lock on to a Kaiju? Assume their IR signature would be off the scale. Wonder how'd it would work.

edit: Oh and MUTOs. Massive _UNknown_ Terresterrial Organism?

Uhhhh, Unknown? You had one for study for 15 years and another fossil locked up in the Yucca. Dinosaurs get a full name even if it was just a femur and half a skull discovered.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

One part I was wondering about was the "clockwork" nuke they had to use because an EMP would disable a normal nuclear weapon. I would have thought that Nuclear weapons would be designed so EMP would have a minimal impact on them? I might be wrong. Anybody know the technical stuff about this sort of thing??

One part I was wondering about was the "clockwork" nuke they had to use because an EMP would disable a normal nuclear weapon. I would have thought that Nuclear weapons would be designed so EMP would have a minimal impact on them? I might be wrong. Anybody know the technical stuff about this sort of thing??

The clockwork nuke reminded me of the clockwork nuke in Goldfinger.

• 3 weeks later...

They're pulling out all the stops for the Big G's return to Tokyo on 7/25 with a 6.5 meter statue complete with light and sound effects. :)

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/MhVBleBX0qc/Godzilla+Gets+Final+Touch+up+Ahead+MIDTOWN

Godzilla+Gets+Final+Touch+up+Ahead+MIDTO

Yesterday was the first day.

post-14942-0-23349600-1405727599_thumb.jpgpost-14942-0-36560800-1405727606_thumb.jpg

Just came back from seeing it. I liked it. Funny, but most of my disbelief came from Ford's dad's Visa status. Speaking as a foreign resident of Japan, I know that after the first arrest he had, he most likely would have been deported, and barred re-entry for at least 5 years. Yeah, maybe they gave him special dispensation due to his wife dieing, but this is also a government who deported a Filipino couple whose daughter was born in Japan, and only spoke Japanese. Besides, when the plant was destroyed, his visa status would have changed, and he would of had to leave anyways.

Yeah, I know, goofy thing to fixate on.