Godzilla-WB/Legendary production, on DVD/Blu-ray Sept. 16, 2014

but this is also a government who deported a Filipino couple whose daughter was born in Japan, and only spoke Japanese.

Oh, I remember the news story. What has become of the daughter?

Back to the original topic. I went to Kawasaki to watch the movie on the 3D IMAX.

The first half has some funny description of Japan, especially the city's name, but I enjoyed the movie in the end.

Just came back from seeing it. I liked it. Funny, but most of my disbelief came from Ford's dad's Visa status. Speaking as a foreign resident of Japan, I know that after the first arrest he had, he most likely would have been deported, and barred re-entry for at least 5 years. Yeah, maybe they gave him special dispensation due to his wife dieing, but this is also a government who deported a Filipino couple whose daughter was born in Japan, and only spoke Japanese. Besides, when the plant was destroyed, his visa status would have changed, and he would of had to leave anyways.

Yeah, I know, goofy thing to fixate on.

Well, this was an American film and I suspect most Americans including those in Hollywood believe our immigration laws are more strict than other nation's when its almost the complete opposite. During my visit to New Zealand in 2011 I read a heart breaking local story about a Cambodian couple that was used as slave labor for a baker for five years and after they had enough abuse they went to the authorities. In the end they were deported back to Cambodia and the baker was fined. Pretty F'ed up. Didn't mean to derail the thread but thought it was in interesting story to share.

Main reason I watched Hercules instead.

Which would explain why Lucy trounced Herc at the box office. -_-

Still, much love to all the movie-snobs and bottom-feeders out there! (either category I could easily fall into myself)

Looking forward to Godzilla on Blu ray.

-b.

Which would explain why Lucy trounced Herc at the box office. -_-

Still, much love to all the movie-snobs and bottom-feeders out there! (either category I could easily fall into myself)

Looking forward to Godzilla on Blu ray.

-b.

From all of the murmuring I've heard through various channels there's a decent amount of interest in Lucy from women because "girl-power" or something like that. And guys will go because "Scarlett" though I personally don't think she's attractive.

In other words you just admitted people would rather see stupid movies.

It's so funny that you of all people would type that. B))

From all of the murmuring I've heard through various channels there's a decent amount of interest in Lucy from women because "girl-power" or something like that. And guys will go because "Scarlett" though I personally don't think she's attractive.

Yeah, Scarlett is attractive and all of that, but she was not my main draw towards the movie. As a rule I like Luc Besson films and I was offended by the fiction being portrayed in the film.

Make believe is make believe is make believe.

Yup, 10% of your brain... :D

:lol:

Id like to get 10% of her ... assets.

Ha! 100% or nothing.

-b.

I'm going to need more information for this to make any sense.

Check your PM.

Edited by Jefuemon

since a new Godzilla was annouced with King Ghidorah and Mothra in the fray im damn excited to see them in full 21st century glory!

and with Legendary also doing 'Skull Island' with new Kong...

Godzilla v King Kong 2 the redux

bound to happen.

since a new Godzilla was annouced with King Ghidorah and Mothra in the fray im damn excited to see them in full 21st century glory!

and with Legendary also doing 'Skull Island' with new Kong...

Godzilla v King Kong 2 the redux

bound to happen.

What the....when did this get announced?

I am curious to hear what the Japanese think of this film.

Generally good. And it succeeded at the box office. :)
Some people talk about that city's name. "Janjira" is apparently not suitable for a Japanese city's name.
What interesting thing is that the translator didn't translate it into Japanese and no Janjira was subbed. Subbed only (somewhere) in Japan, IIRC.
The only some Japanese and non-Japanese people who can hear and understand English are talking about Janjira.
P.S.
And the city is located near Mt. Fuji.
We will never make a Nuclear Power plant such a place.
Well, the place maybe Fuji-City, Shizuoka-City and Yaizu-City; those are situated in the leftside of Mt.Fuji.
I think probably Yaizu may be Janjira. It was the city Kaneko's Godzlla landed and the Daigo Fukuryuu Maru's home port. The latter is a famous ship because of radiation exposure of the Operation Castle in 1954.
Edited by antibiotictab

• 2 weeks later...
Generally good. And it succeeded at the box office. :)
Some people talk about that city's name. "Janjira" is apparently not suitable for a Japanese city's name.
What interesting thing is that the translator didn't translate it into Japanese and no Janjira was subbed. Subbed only (somewhere) in Japan, IIRC.
The only some Japanese and non-Japanese people who can hear and understand English are talking about Janjira.
P.S.
And the city is located near Mt. Fuji.
We will never make a Nuclear Power plant such a place.
Well, the place maybe Fuji-City, Shizuoka-City and Yaizu-City; those are situated in the leftside of Mt.Fuji.
I think probably Yaizu may be Janjira. It was the city Kaneko's Godzlla landed and the Daigo Fukuryuu Maru's home port. The latter is a famous ship because of radiation exposure of the Operation Castle in 1954.

Is Ken Wantanabe a big star in Japan?

Is Ken Wantanabe a big star in Japan?

Well, of course he is a star and well-known, but as far as I'm concerned, he was once a big star about 25 years ago before he developed leukemia.

After that, his health condition has got better, but he was not a so big star, IMO.

He got famous again after "The Last Samurai". Now he is one of big stars.

FYI, his daughter, Anne is also a star in Japan.

The biggest star in Japan is Takuya Kimura AKA Kimutaku, I think. He acted Susumu Kodai in the live-action Space Battleship Yamato movie.

Edited by antibiotictab

Well, of course he is a star and well-known, but as far as I'm concerned, he was once a big star about 25 years ago before he developed leukemia.

After that, his health condition has got better, but he was not a so big star, IMO.

He got famous again after "The Last Samurai". Now he is one of big stars.

FYI, her daughter, Anne is also a star in Japan.

The biggest star in Japan is Takuya Kimura AKA Kimutaku, I think. He acted Susumu Kodai in the live-action Space Battleship Yamato movie.

Cool, I was just wondering because he has been showing up in a ton of big budget movies here, and I've seen him in quite a many Japanese movie posters, and of course he's on the Ashioma box for the Hayabusa probe from the movie.

Hey Az, that video isn't working (for me at least). It says "This video is private".

At any rate I too am very much looking forward to the Blu ray release. Going to put the "let them fight" scene on repeat the first time I watch it.

-b.

It should be no shock...

‘Godzilla 2′ Gets June 2018 Release Date

In theaters June 8, 2018. We'll start that thread once they begin production.

Fantastic! I was just talking about a sequel the other day. Great monster line up too Woot! Can't wait for my blu-ray to come in from amazon.

Just purchased and watched this again last night on my Xbox, I still love it, I still think it was an excellent new introduction for the King, and I still believe I'll be buying the Bluray.

I wish someone would make a decent Muto toy. My son really wants one.

Bandai MonsterArts is releasing a figure for Godzilla 2014 in October I believe, from what I've read a MUTO two pack with the male and female is actually one of the most requested figures to be done next in the line, we may see them announced sometime early next year.

I'm ready for the Bluray, I loved this film, and I was excited to read that Legendary got the rights to Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah, I'm thinking the sequel will be fantastic.

I wouldn't mind seeing Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan inadvertently saving the Earth and mankind by teaming up to fight Monster Zero just like they did back in the day...