What is the most that you've spent on one single toy/model kit?

Gakken85

What's a divergence meter? Does it function as a clock or something?

Steins; Gate, i think it measures the effect one's actions make when traveling back in time & altering effects... greater than 1.0 is it's significant enough to keep things fron reoccuring (if i remembered the anime correctly).

correct.

in the anime, the numerical reading (called divergence number) represents in which "timeline" one is in, among the other possible timelines. kinda like GPS coordinates telling where one is. so if one jumps from a timeline to another with a numerical reading that is not materially different from the last one, then some key events will still be inevitably the same as in the last timeline despite some variations ie. divergence.

in real life, the divergence meter is a retro-looking clock that every now and then randomly generates a divergence number just for the heck of it.

I am curious to see what some members are/were paying for those custom toys? Example: Jung Chao's custom 1/55's, Or Kurt's 1/48 customs??? Those were probably the most expensive Macross toys.... Prove me wrong.....

Edited by vt102

For Macross toys, I bought 2 VF-4G at around $300 each.

For non-Macross, I bought the Ultimate Collector Series LEGO Millennium Falcon for $500. That's the most I have, and probably ever will pay, for a single toy. It was worth it, though...with over 5000 pieces, the thing is huge and looks amazing.

All these numbers don't seem to be that much imho.

Back in 1999-2001-ish we wouldn't flinch when MIB 1/55's would go for 1000-1500 USD easy

Yamato made Macross collecting waaaay cheaper.

God... I feel old now.. I still remember when Macross world had a chatroom :0

Edited by Duymon

At the time it was released, I paid more (thanks the strong Yen at the begining of 2012) for the VF-17S than for the VF-4G. It think it was almost $400 USD.

Edited by Froy

All these numbers don't seem to be that much imho.

Back in 1999-2001-ish we wouldn't flinch when MIB 1/55's would go for 1000-1500 USD easy

Yamato made Macross collecting waaaay cheaper.

God... I feel old now.. I still remember when Macross world had a chatroom :0

Larger market and more choices I guess. Back then their was only one toy to buy and one person to buy it from haha.

Besides, yamato just went under a month or so.

Also, there was a lot less to buy back then. One or two CM's and you were set.

Modern collecting encompasses multiple shows, lines, and valks.

Edited by Gakken85

I think back in 2005, I dropped about $1100- on a vintage DYRL VE-1 Elintseeker 1/55 by Bandai. It was dead mint and immaculate. Like super glossy clean pulled out from a carton! I thought I was insane dropping that kind of money on a single vintage toy but then again, I probably would not have come across one in such condition, ever! But hey what's more important is that it puts a smile on my face for many years to come!!

I think back in 2005, I dropped about $1100- on a vintage DYRL VE-1 Elintseeker 1/55 by Bandai. It was dead mint and immaculate. Like super glossy clean pulled out from a carton! I thought I was insane dropping that kind of money on a single vintage toy but then again, I probably would not have come across one in such condition, ever! But hey what's more important is that it puts a smile on my face for many years to come!!

That's what matters.

If you have the money, you should spend it on things that bring you joy. Their are a lot worse things in life to throw your money away on than High-end Japanese toys!

And it's like my dad always says. "It's just money. You can always make more."

haha

Edited by Gakken85

Do your most expensive Macross

Then your most expensive Non-Macross. Toys only :D

gotta be my 1/60 VF-19S at $170shipped,

followed by my 1/60 PG Z-GUNDAM kit @ $210shipped,

and for non-toy/collectibles, my Nikon D5000 DSLR @ $1000 and change for a full starter kit with carry case and two ZOOM lenses...

Edited by Shaorin

Welp. I just dropped $400 shipped on a Yamato 1/12 Turbo Custom Last Red Shoulder set. So that'd be mine.

I've been mauling over whether to pickup a Scopedog. I've seen a few 2nd hand, the basic purple one and the red shoulder + parachute pack set at relatively affordable price. Not sure if I should take the plunge.. It would make a sweet ride for my 1/12 scale figures

At the time of release, I wasn't making much more than a dishwasher's salary at the local pub, but I managed to come up with enough tip money to buy the Club-M Ultimate Valkyrie.

Then later on, it was the 5000 piece Lego Millenium Falcon at around $700CDN...

And more recently, I just put down a deposit on a 1/8 scale Lamborghini Aventador model...

But the biggest of them all, I spent $25k on a 1:1 working toy Honda S2000.

I've been mauling over whether to pickup a Scopedog. I've seen a few 2nd hand, the basic purple one and the red shoulder + parachute pack set at relatively affordable price. Not sure if I should take the plunge.. It would make a sweet ride for my 1/12 scale figures

check the votoms thread in the sci-fi anime forum

Hmm, my most costly piece would be the newly acquired Fewture Shin Getter fig at ard $620. Others which i have spent around $300-$400+ on are plentiful though (Fewture Getter 1,2,3, Black Getter 1, SDF1, VF-4G, Sideshow Arthas & Diablo, ThreeA Ambush, Midas & Atom, PG Strike Freedom and each for 10" Nendoroids Yui & Ryofuko)

Damn, spending too much on figs but excruciatingly addictive! :(

• 2 weeks later...

at the moment its gotta be my Yamato 1/60 VF-1J (mass production version) at $500 delivered.. that stung a little as 6 months ago I could have gotten one cheaper.

Then at a tie are my 1/18 Autoart Pagani Zonda R and another Yamato VF-1J Hikaru Ichijo at around $350 delivered.

oh no wait I have a Signed Minichamps Valentino Rossi 1/12 Honda NSR500 bike & rider set which was just over $1000.

Edited by spanner76

Just bought a renewal VF-25F, VF-25S, VF-25G, VF-171EX, YF-29 Durandel. The VF-25's where 400- 500, and the VF-171EX was 200, and the YF-29 Durandel was 300.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Please doesn't include multiple orders of the same toy.

I want to know the most you've paid for one single boxed item: used, new, or at auction.

I think the most I've spent on a toy is $495 USD, shipped. It's used/displayed by the previous owner; Hot Toys DX02 Batman, Sideshow Version without the leaky abs. I hope to resell it and get my money back in a couple of years.

dx02.jpg