S.M.S. Hoodie and Japanese Sizes

Benson13

So I found this hoodie on HLJ and I'm considering getting it, but the size chart is only approximate and doesn't really mention the product. I'm kind of a big guy at 6'1" and 250 lbs, so I don't want to buy a Japanese XL and have it like I've been shopping at BabyGap. Any input would be appreciated.

Here's the link to the hoodie on HLJ.

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/product/CSP50959

That sucks. It would look like it was painted on me. Maybe I'll just have one made.

Thanks a lot Jefuemon, you just saved me some money.

No problem. I love living over here, but it's still kind of hard to find clothes that fit. Good rule of thumb for most Japanese sizes, downsize about 1 1/2 from the American size.

No problem. I love living over here, but it's still kind of hard to find clothes that fit. Good rule of thumb for most Japanese sizes, downsize about 1 1/2 from the American size.

Sweet Focker! I'd be a XXXL, that could even give a dude one of those chick complexes.

Sweet Focker! I'd be a XXXL, that could even give a dude one of those chick complexes.

Actually, above XL, it's size O, then XO, XXO, XXXO, and so on. I've had salesgirls ask me if it's really OK that I want a 2XO sized exercise shirt. I can fit an XO, but 2XO is a little better.

A size L, and I look like 10 lbs of sausage stuffed into a 5 lbs casing.