I loved it!!! The guy next to me was holding on to his girl friend and jumping at everything. My wife had her face covered 90% of the time. I was laughing at how crazy it was getting. I was not high, just really enjoying it especially after recently watching evil dead 1 and 2.

I have heard amazing things about the film, especially from fans of the original. I do want to see it but I admit i'm a punk and normally don't see horror movies in theaters. I need to be in the safe comforts of my own home. But I don't want to wait.

My wife and I are big fans of the original...well the whole trilogy TBH. We are probably going to go see this tonight and are glad to hear all the good buzz it is getting.

Also heard there is something to see at the end of the credits.

Chris

I'll probably wait for it to come out on BD but I'm a fan of 2 and AOD. Saw the first one once and realized 2 was just a better remake. I'm interested in this one though. Jane Levy is a pretty good actress.

I didn't realize they were bringing the campiness back - the trailer looked like a serious remake of ED1. I don't get to the movies often b/c my little ones, but I'll have to check it out @ home later.

And Jane Levy's just too cool & cute.

I didn't notice any campiness. Personally I'd consider this an alternate take on the same subject instead of remake or reboot. The director wants a crossover but Bruce is denying. Who knows in the next couple years.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/04/04/wc-13-will-evil-dead-cross-over-with-army-of-darkness-2-alvarez-wants-it-campbell-says-no/

Just seen it, IMO its not a reboot.

Ash's car is there outside the cabin, its rusting,
I know its arguably Ash's car since at the end ED2 the car traveled back in time I think.

Just seen it, IMO its not a reboot.

Ash's car is there outside the cabin, its rusting,I know its arguably Ash's car since at the end ED2 the car traveled back in time I think.

Interesting....

So do the demons still say the classic line..."I'll swallow your soul!!!"?

They are said more or less. One by a possessed character and the other by the one that reads the book and is describing what may have been released.

Chris

So there's not much campiness? Aww. I mean, I wasn't expecting AoD or anything, but still - the deliberate camp is what sets this series apart from the rest.

Yes there is. Some stuff is brilliant.

What?

No "I'll swallow your soul" or "Dead by dawn!"?

Cant remember they saying "Dead By Dawn" in this movie; that was so cool in ED2.

There is a scene where a girl screams and the wind hits open a door, then a lot of demons' voices from the previous Evil Dead movies can be heard for about 5 seconds. That further describes this movie as a sequel IMO, as previous incarnations of the demons came into play as if they had memory of what they have said before, a lot of known lines can be heard on that scene, although I think Dead By Down is not said, probably it is there but I would have to watch again to be sure.

Edited by dakedo

Interesting. The other places I frequent online are complaining it's just a cheap Saw knock-off but most of the people here like it. Hmm...

That is an insult, almost as bad as the MST3K clip about Santa Claus Conquers the Martians "these are just cheap versions of the Lost in Space sets...".

What are they up to now, SAW 30?

Loved ED2, AoD was OK. I might give this a shot when it is out on video, but Bruce Campbel is what made the originals watchable.

I thought the same. By the way I dont really see any similitudes with SAW. I only watched the first one, but is SAW also related to a demon from Hell? As far as I remember the bad guy was a bald dude.

What are they up to now, SAW 30?