MacrossWorld Convention 2013 Information Thread

For my First Macrossworld Con, It was everything I hoped it would be. Lots of like minded folks who were geeking out over a common interest.
A lot of macross stuff, including my con experiences are posted on Instagram http://instagram.com/ryujikun619 and I even met some of the instagrammers that I follow and follow me at the con! That was a pretty awesome feeling.
Many thanks to a lot of the people there who were selling macross items (specifically the models and toys). Without you guys I would run out of things to talk/take pictures of!

Cant wait to attend next year. Hopefully I can be one of the fans who brings their collection to show!

Also, a quick question. I bought a box of the acrylic risers from the center table. Does anyone know where I could get more of those?

Edited by XFJ-01A

For my First Macrossworld Con, It was everything I hoped it would be. Lots of like minded folks who were geeking out over a common interest.

A lot of macross stuff, including my con experiences are posted on Instagram http://instagram.com/ryujikun619 and I even met some of the instagrammers that I follow and follow me at the con! That was a pretty awesome feeling.

Many thanks to a lot of the people there who were selling macross items (specifically the models and toys). Without you guys I would run out of things to talk/take pictures of!

Cant wait to attend next year. Hopefully I can be one of the fans who brings their collection to show!

Also, a quick question. I bought a box of the acrylic risers from the center table. Does anyone know where I could get more of those?

Hit up BigKid24. He's the one that had them.

Overall the MacrossWorld Convention was a fun event for an outsider like me (and I can only imagine how awesome it was for the fans of the series) so if you ever wanted to experience a specialized Con with super friendly attendees (and hosts) then you should attend next year’s MacrossWorld.

http://www.kawaiikakkoiisugoi.com/2013/10/06/macrossworld-convention-2013/

IMG_1125.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did you mean playing the Keyboard??

....Mari Ijima

opps! yeah, i meant playing the keyboard. i hope she's single...

btw, i saw you're comedy routine on youtube, it was pretty good, that's pretty creative stuff! i'm just kidding about Mari, her words are like a hope that becomes a burden yet instead of giving up, it becomes a focus that shapes a vision.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So who were the winners for the contests and does anyone have pics of the customs?

Wish you could've made it! Here's erikos0311's AMAZING VF-0 custom win:

post-1887-0-88085000-1381300604_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to KiriK and staff for putting on a great con! The venue was large, the vendors plentiful, and the guests of honor were great! Mari can still hit those high notes on Ai Oboete Imasuka; Tenjin's presentation was neat; and Nonaka-san was demonstrating his painting skills throughout the day. Some great displays too. Kudos to the cosplayers & performers (some were really amazing) and congrats to the contest, auction, & raffle winners. So many things packed into such a short amount of time!

It was really nice seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Can't wait for the next con!

thanks to all the staff, guests, and particpants for putting together such a wonderful event. i ran into a few friends who i didn't even know were macross fans. interestingly ,i also found my doppleganger. kept my distance so as not to upset the universe lol.

anyways uploaded a couple photos from the event enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22338369@N07/sets/72157636313400166/

We had a Japanese cosplaying translator... so we decided to invite Tenjin to make good use of her.

Special Thanks to Risa Light! Great job!

post-151-0-03855500-1381472751_thumb.jpg

photo by Jim Chou

Actually, she came to MWCOn 2012 for the first time as a Sheryl Cosplayer, it just turned out that someone recommended her when we were looking for a translator. Worked out great!

i saw you're comedy routine on youtube, it was pretty good, that's pretty creative stuff! i'm just kidding about Mari, her words are like a hope that becomes a burden yet instead of giving up, it becomes a focus that shapes a vision.

Thanks for the compliment! It sounded really dumb when I was practicing it but when I think about it, it was the crowd that really made it worthwhile. Old school crowds \o/ yeah!! The thing is that I do sing and would have **loved** to have done a song cover as well, but I had been sick for few weeks so I didn't chance it ^^; I think the participants who did song covers were really brave and great, despite the lack of good audio feedback for the performers, the show still went on.

And Mari's words were really from the heart. She's funny and very down to earth. I'm so glad I was able to see her concert and help at her signing afterwards. She really is amazing.

So, there's no chance of something like this happening on the East coast is there?

If I had the money I would go but...Such is life as a college student

You can always start one!! I know this current MWC started small as well, but has really grown...! It'd be great to see an East and West division!

We had a Japanese cosplaying translator... so we decided to invite Tenjin to make good use of her.

Special Thanks to Risa Light! Great job!

Actually, she came to MWCOn 2012 for the first time as a Sheryl Cosplayer, it just turned out that someone recommended her when we were looking for a translator. Worked out great!

Risa is just great, I only met her at Anime Expo because of the Macross gathering, but she's one of my idols as a fangirl and a cosplayer, she's very professional and always seems to have so much fun. She's mostly a Frontier fan but she was studying lots of macross terms and such before the convention and gave a great effort! She does a lot of event promotion for otaku and japanese pop stuff, she also helped out when JAM Project came to Los Angeles. And she's, of course, very beautiful and has a modeling FB page, though I don't know if it's appropriate to link here ^^; (kind of NSFW?)

ok I'll stop fangirling now hahaha.

THAT WINNING CUSTOM IS SO COOL BTW.

How much were these pieces selling for at MWCon?

IMG_1766_zps5047bc58.jpg

They remind me of this....is he the same artist?

gallery_12176_640_634245.jpg

Not sure how much they went for. I can contact the girl that won the auction for the red and see if she wouldn't mind divulging the info.

Does anyone know in the video @ 2:04, there was a huge stash of takatoku, are any of those for sale or who I can get in contact with?

Regards

That's the personal collection of member xstoys. I don't believe he is offering anything for sale.

Great Video Ron!! thanks for sharing! I get to see parts of the con that i missed since i'm always running around. thanks! =]

No problem Bee. Dude, you guys were running the show non-stop. That was intense! Can't believe how many people packed the place. Things escalated up a few notches this year. :blink: But excellent planning and hosting to you and staff. Thanks.

More con coverage with more pictures! Likes are appreciated!

http://plastikdolls.com/2013/10/22/macross-world-convention-2013/

Head's up, here's con coverage on GEEK Magazine's website:

http://www.geekexchange.com/macross-world-convention-2013-88311.html

Please hit "Like" to show some support for Macross in mainstream media!

Fantastic articles and pictures on both sites Jerry!!! Thank you very much for the support and coverage for MW Con. These are great recaps of the con from a fan/attendee perspective that will help us grow the convention.

We're already starting the talk about next year's convention so hopefully we can top 2013's awesome turnout!