MacrossWorld Convention 2013 Information Thread

I'm going to have to go and check this out. I've been in SoCal all my life and I've never been.

Same here... I was waiting for the green light, but the boss says we're already booked that weekend. :(

maybe MWC 2014

(by 'boss' i mean the wife and kids... we're going to be in San Diego that weekend)

Edited by bhchan

Same here... I was waiting for the green light, but the boss says we're already booked that weekend. :(

maybe MW 2014

Oh that sucks! We'll have small gatherings around the con. Maybe you can make it to one of those, specially if you volunteer to help out before?

Hi guys nice to meet you all! ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ Fairly new Macross fan myself and young one at that. I'll be flying down from the bay area can't wait for this and the chance to meet you all!

All I can say is if you plan on getting his autograph, bring two Tenjin related items or Macross items that's not specific to another artist. Like getting your Imai Regult with Takani art would probably be too weird. No bootlegs, safe bet would be to look for that big west sticker if it's Macross. You guys know what I'm talking about... ;)

Seriously though? Tenjin! I think we need to extend the con a few hours!

I think i will be attending this year. If I make it down there. I do intend to win the 1/55 transforming contest and will bring a couple to use for the contest. Ill probably bring some macross items to sell too. Do I need a booth for that or just bring stuff?

MW'ers coming from the Bay...are y'all flying or driving down?

I'm actually thinking about spending Saturday night there now. I don't wanna rush the last flight outta town.

Edited by UN Spacy

I think i will be attending this year. If I make it down there. I do intend to win the 1/55 transforming contest and will bring a couple to use for the contest. Ill probably bring some macross items to sell too. Do I need a booth for that or just bring stuff?

In order to sell anything at the con this year, you will have to purchase a vendor booth at $50 per table. With the increased cost for venue and higher attendee expectancy, we had to charge for vendors this year. you should have have some good foot traffic for your table. email macrossworldconvention@gmail.com for more info or questions.

Edited by KiriK

We're having another T-shirt fundraiser to help with some of the additional cost of having Tenjin attend and other exciting things!

Please support the con by helping purchase this awesome t-shirt! You can order through the following link on the main website:

http://www.macrossworld.com/5255/macrossworld-convention-2013-t-shirt-fundraiser-part-2/#more-5255

Rest assured, we are using a new vendor that promises to have the shirt ready BEFORE October 5th for anyone to pick up at the con. See order form for details and options on shipping or pick up at the convention.

thanks for supporting MW Con 2013!

macross-trio-shirt.jpg

macross-trio-shirt-post.jpg

That shirt is a must have. Love the desing on it. Is the shirt white, or light blue?

it's white, thanks!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

MW Con 2013 Exclusive Toy Teaser Pics!!

Last year, we started a new tradition of having a custom MW Con exclusive toy designed by one of MacrossWorld's master artists. Last year, we brought you the SD VF-11c!

MW Con 2012 Toy Exclusive SD VF-11C

Check out the teaser pics for this year's MW Con exclusive - VF-1 Rocket Girl!! More details to come on how to get one at this year's convention, but they will be HIGHLY limited in quantity!

gallery_2662_621_541050.jpg

gallery_2662_621_258404.jpg

gallery_2662_621_313100.jpg

Edited by KiriK

Hello to everyone here on MacrossWorld. I grew up with the original series as a kid back home in Asia and have been to several anime cons but never even knew there was a Macross-only convention! Even my fellow long-time otaku here in Arizona didn't know until we saw it on ANN :)

Now I'm all excited and plan on going as long as my schedule allows. Great to see an active community of fellow Macross fans out there :D

Also, I wanted to ask if the tables for selling stuff is just for selling or trading official Macross items or is fanart allowed? I used to do Artist Alley and did a couple of Macross Frontier pieces before I stopped. If fanart is okay, would anyone here be interested in buying some prints? My two Frontier pieces are below. I know I'm not the greatest artist so I'm trying to gauge interest before commiting to paying for a table. And apologies if the huge image size is a bother - I couldn't get it to post smaller :(

Macross is my first love in anime so I really put a lot of effort into my Macross pieces but hardly anyone ever bought them in AA - just other shows that are more well-known here in the US - so if anyone likes them it'd be great to finally find some people who would like them for the series they're based on.

yousei_by_heavencanceller-d5d8sxj.jpg

3141f3338b260354d18ad929c40af885-d4iqcns