MacrossWorld Convention 2013 Information Thread

Anyone wanna split a room for Oct 5th at the LAX Hilton?

(or any decent hotel in the LAX area)

Sure but I make it a point to play with all newly purchased valks naked because it encourages the bonding process.

Sure but I make it a point to play with all newly purchased valks naked because it encourages the bonding process.

I hope the valks are the only thing naked. Things are escalating quickly here.

hahaha... whatever floats your boat guys.... Anyways, here's a map of the location of this year's convention with some surrounding hotels and places to visit and eat. Hopefully it's helpful to any out-of-towners that wish to attend. Thanks for creating EXO!!

gallery_2662_621_196822.jpeg

Edited by KiriK

MacrossWorld Convention T-Shirt Fundraiser

100-Macross-shirts.jpg

Support MW Con 2013 by purchasing this classic MW Con T-shirt design!! All proceeds will go towards MacrossWorld Convention 2013. Only available now until June 10th, 2013

Purchase your MW Con Fundraiser T-shirt for only $25 shipped anywhere in the U.S.! (International shipping extra). T-shirts are available in black or white and available in size Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large. Plus sizes available for additional $3 each size (XXL -$28, XXXL - $31, etc)

Payments are accepted via PayPal only! Click on the link below to order your T-shirt now!!

ORDER FORM

Quick question, anywhere we can check for a sizing chart for the t-shirts? I'd like to be "100% Pure" sure before I pull the trigger, thanks :p

Since the VF-171 seems to be now the hardest valk to transform, can we have a contest to see who can do it best?

Does that mean you are willing to donate a few VF-171's to use for the transformation contest? =]

That's always been the biggest issue for a transformation contest is the durability of the valk in question, potential for breakage, and would we really want to sit around for 5-10 minutes watching people figure out how to transform a complex VF if they've never done it before? it's not the most exciting thing to watch.

1/55 TF contests have been popular due to the simplicity, timing, and the familiarity of the playing field. However, if we did get a sponsor who donated 2 VF-171's specifically for this purpose, i wouldn't hesitate to add it to the event schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Does that mean you are willing to donate a few VF-171's to use for the transformation contest? =]

That's always been the biggest issue for a transformation contest is the durability of the valk in question, potential for breakage, and would we really want to sit around for 5-10 minutes watching people figure out how to transform a complex VF if they've never done it before? it's not the most exciting thing to watch.

1/55 TF contests have been popular due to the simplicity, timing, and the familiarity of the playing field. However, if we did get a sponsor who donated 2 VF-171's specifically for this purpose, i wouldn't hesitate to add it to the event schedule.

In hindsight- No. That was a really bad attempt at a joke (especailly with all the additional issues that have come up with them since that post).

Southwest Airlines has a sale going on right now.

I got my round trip ticket for October 5th for less than $100. :)

That's a really good deal. Plus Southwest don't charge luggage fees for the first 2 bags or so.

So will there be any other out of towners going by themselves besides me? I'm looking for a thunderbuddy or two to attend with.

I'm looking to meet as many of my fellow members as so will there be any per or post con activities or shenanigans?

Quick question - will there be Cosplay contest for this year? I remember the contestants who shows up, they were really into their characters. I wished we had better prizes to award them for their efforts ;)

200 bucks for roundtrip from Seattle Wa to Lax does not sound bad at all.......

Hey Kirik,, what time does the CON start?

Dont know if I should fly on the 4th or the 5th early in the morning, because I would like to help out any way I can.

-When is everyone "who planning on going", flying in for the Con? Maybe sharing a room might be a good idea if we can get a couple of people we can hook it up with a suite.!!

So will there be any other out of towners going by themselves besides me? I'm looking for a thunderbuddy or two to attend with.

I'm looking to meet as many of my fellow members as so will there be any per or post con activities or shenanigans?

Hey benson, as long as you don't snore too bad, we should bunk! LoL

You going for sure?