MacrossWorld Convention 2013 Information Thread

yes!! So glad I'll be going this year for sure! and taking some friends with me from San Diego!! Super excited!

I want to enter the Idol competition as Hikaru, but honestly his only talent is being indecisive. OTL OTL OTL

maybe I'll just accidentally flirt with people. is that a talent.

Edited by Jetspectacular

yes!! So glad I'll be going this year for sure! and taking some friends with me from San Diego!! Super excited!

I want to enter the Idol competition as Hikaru, but honestly his only talent is being indecisive. OTL OTL OTL

maybe I'll just accidentally flirt with people. is that a talent.

Hahaha, that's great to hear. I'm taking time to work on my cosplay, as I don't want to buy anything already made. I'm getting my lessons in clothing construction, but at least the costume isn't going to be difficult. I've officially entered the contest as well, so for a first attempt, this should be fun.

Here's the info on the convnetion shirts. No order page yet, I'll update once it's up.

Introducing this year’s Macross World Convention T-Shirt sponsored by Made Apparel. This shirt will be available for pre-order until September 27 for people that want to pick it up at the Con. For everyone else that wants it delivered, it’ll be available to until Friday, October 4th to be shipped the following week. There will be 2 types of shirts available. Active, which is the regular weight shirt and Max Heavyweight, which is a heavier weight shirt that allows for the tall sizes that a lot of guys ask for. Both of these shirts will be available in a variety of color. Size and color charts are below.
Ladies and children’s sizes are also available upon request.

MCOn-T-post-Small.jpg

post-151-0-23995200-1379712462_thumb.jpg

Active Shirts will begin at $22 for con pick up and $25 shipped in the US for sizes small to extra large. Each size up after that will be $3 extra. So for XXL the price is $25 at the con and $28 shipped US, XXXL is $28 at the con and $31 shipped in the US, etc. As always, international shipping varies depending which country you are ordering from. Please email us at macrossworldconvention@gmail.com for a quote on international shipping or any other inquiries such as ladies and toddler sizes.
There are ten colors available in the Active Shirts option. These are Black, White, Navy Blue, Royal Blue, Dark Gray, Kelly Green, Yellow, Gold, Red and Hunter Green.
Active_Short_Sleeve_1.jpg

Max Heavyweight T-Shirts

Max Heavyweight Shirts will begin at $25 for con pick up and $28 shipped in the US for sizes small to extra large. Each size up after that will be $3 extra. So for XXL the price is $28 at the con and $31 shipped US, XXXL is $31 at the con and $34 shipped in the US, etc. As always, international varies depending which country you are ordering from. Please email us at macrossworldconvention@gmail.com for a quote on international shipping or any other questions.
There are eight colors available in the Max Heavyweight Shirts option. These are Black, White, Navy Blue, Royal Blue, Kelly Green, Gold and Hunter Green.

Max_Size_Chart.jpg

Here are some examples of what the shirts will look like.

Shirt-samples-Small.jpg

I am registered. I guess I am going. Still not sure about a table. Cool shirt. Hope to see you all there (hope I actually make it this year). If I do make it then I want to let you know that I intend to win the 1/55 transforming contest.

I'm looking for Q&A/Performance/Autograph Session info for Tenjin and Mari, but this page's links don't work: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwcon-info/

I'm looking for times for each guest's appearance and autograph requirements. If this info is posted anywhere else, please let me know. (I haven't read through this entire thread.) Thanks!

Well, I'm out, my wife just lost her job, so we are back down to just my income and need to trim with the holidays coming up.

Man, that sucks. I'm in that situation right now. Lost my job, and unemployment hasn't sent me my first check. Been waiting since early September. I'm fortunate to live in L.A. and I know I am NOT going to spend any cash. But being a spectator is always fun.

Sorry to hear that Knight26. Im feeling you. I got laid off in April. Only received a few unemployment checks and cant get through to anyone there by phone or email to see why they keep stopping sending them. Ive had 12 job interviews but no offers (9 of the interviews went extremely well too). But I am registered for the Convention and hopefully will make it down. My mom lives in LA so I can sleep on her floor. Hoping to bring some cool custom pieces to show off and some macross goodies to sell.

I'm looking for Q&A/Performance/Autograph Session info for Tenjin and Mari, but this page's links don't work: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwcon-info/

I'm looking for times for each guest's appearance and autograph requirements. If this info is posted anywhere else, please let me know. (I haven't read through this entire thread.) Thanks!

More info about each section of the con posted today!

I pre registered already do I have to wait for a email for confirmation number to get ticket.

Sorry for the delay, but we'll be sending confirmation emails this week. we're a small crew, but we're planning BIG things for the con! Thanks to everyone who are registered already for the con!

BTW, have you guys seen the AWESOME registration items we're getting this year?

Vermillion Squadron - $10 - MW Con Magnet (2" x 3.5")

gallery_2662_621_182506.png

Emerald Level $20 - Tote bag

gallery_2662_621_41345.png

S.M.S. Pilot Level $50 - Shot Glass

gallery_2662_621_185991.png

$100 Skull Level - Limited Poster (20" x 30") AND MW Con T-shirt

gallery_2662_621_130932.pngShirt-samples-Small.jpg

If you have already registered at a particular level, you can upgrade at the door to get any of the higher level items!

Edited by KiriK

More Great News! This year we're going to have Tsuyoshi Nonaka designer of the 1/65 Bandai Fire Valkyrie!!! He'll be selling artwrk and signing autographs at his table at MWCon! The hits just keep on coming!

Tsuyoshi Nonaka is a mechanical designer and artist.
Mr. Nonaka has provided mechanical designs for Mazinkaiser SKL, Shin Mazinger Shōgeki! Z-Hen, DICE and a lot of boys action toys. In 2011, he shifted his creative base from Asia to North America where he has become the head of “PLEX International Design, US division” working on toy designs for Power Rangers, Ben 10 and other properties for Bandai America Inc. (Cypress CA).

post-151-0-15229000-1380432172_thumb.jpe

It'll be enough for one day. It just enough to make sure the day is filled and no one gets bored. It might go by fast though...

But addressing extending it to 2 days, I doubt that will be necessary. Two days means twice the cost for everyone. The con and the attendees. I'd be more open to making it a slightly longer convention. Like from 10am to 7pm and if need be adding space... but for this year this is the largest venue we've had and hopefully it's more than enough for the people attending. We got the space so it won't feel like a large convention, meaning plenty of space to walk and places to sit or move around. If we hit capacity then it'd be the biggest jump in attendance we've ever had. I personally hope that doesn't happen. :D

Hopefully people wont be disappointed that it's not crowded... if it feels that way it meant to be that way. From the registration numbers... it won't be empty.

As long as my mechanic says my car is safe tomorrow then I will be there at the con with a vendor table and cool stuff to sell and some cool stuff to just show off too. (crossing my fingers that my car is okay). Looking forward to seeing all you that can make it too! DECULTURE!!!