MacrossWorld Convention 2013 Information Thread

Not at all. My social life sucks.

In Benson13's defense if you don't live in Southern Cali its pretty rare to meet other Macross Fans.

I am the only Macross fan in Tucson AZ. At least that has been on these boards since 2000...

There is a hostel right by LAX that us decently priced. Only available to people from out if state.

No, its not run down, and people don't get kidnapped and murdered. Hahaha

whats the name? trust me. Ive stayed in many hostels around Europe, I think one in Cali should do just fine.. especially if its at a decent price......

Leaves more money for Macross Stuff!!!!! lol

We used to have a lot more active users in the Bay

Area. That number has significantly decreased in the last few years.

We're still here though "real life" is keeping us busy! :( I suspect there might be more of us now we so can try the mini get-togethers when there's something significant! Hope to see everyone in October!

Edited by grapetang

I got a new job and I'm treating myself at the Con. I fully intend to walk out of there with a Low Viz Roy and a VF-4.

Edited by Benson13

gallery_2662_621_270362.jpg

MacrossWorld Convention 2013 Registration is NOW OPEN! We are excited to open registration to the public over the next 2 months as we prepare for MW Con 2013.

Please join us for our 12th annual MW Con by following the simple registration steps below.

MW Con 2013 Registration Process

• Step 2: Select desired “Registration Level” on the form and follow instructions to submit payment via PayPal prior to con
  • Step 3: Consider making an additional donation to MacrossWorld Convention by clicking the “Donate Now” button via PayPal at the bottom of the registration page

Onsite registration and payment will be accepted, however each registration level will increase by $5 if paid the day of. For additional questions regarding MacrossWorld Convention 2013, please email us at MacrossWorldConvention@gmail.com.

We look forward to seeing you there!

-MacrossWorld Convention Planning Team

Edited by KiriK

Looks like I'll be keeping my perfect record of not being able to attend. :( If there are any fans around the DC area,let me know. There certainly are none I work around. I even have a Valk model on my desk - with lots of questions, and even people calling it a toy (I forgive them for that). But yeah, I know what Benson's talking about. - MT

I forgot to put my screen name down during the paypal donation. Oh well, they'll figure it out since my email and screen name are the same.

I might donate a few Macross model kits to whoever wants them. :D Need to free up some space at home.

gallery_2662_621_613402.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT!! In case you didn't hear already, we will officially be having Mari Iijima back at this year's MW Con 2013! She'll be performing a mini concert as well as hosting an autograph session for fans.

If you haven't already, register for MW Con via the link in my signature below!

More updates and surprises to come....

Edited by KiriK

I forgot to put my screen name down during the paypal donation. Oh well, they'll figure it out since my email and screen name are the same.

I might donate a few Macross model kits to whoever wants them. :D Need to free up some space at home.

If you like you can always donate them to the con. We are always looking for contest prizes and raffle items.

Hey Guys

I'm happy to announce that we'll have The Lobos Truck on site selling their awesome food so you'll never have to be too far from the action and events of MWCon (expect announcements soon as to why you'll want to stick around). They'll be available from 12pm to 4pm.

Check out their website and menu at: http://www.thelobostruck.com/#

And check out their reviews on yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-lobos-truck-los-angeles

vfzd.jpg

I'm going to have to go and check this out. I've been in SoCal all my life and I've never been. I've gone to the shrine and frank an sons just never to a macross only con. What can I expect? I'm looking forward to meeting Mari. Will she be there everyday of the con or certain days?

The con is a one day event... we use to do two, but with the bigger venue this year, we should be able to contain everything in one day. MacrossWorld Con isn't like other cons. It's not big like AX, it's only one line of shows after all. It's not a dealers room like F&S, though we'll have more room for dealers this year. It's more of an intimate type get together. Even though it's gotten way bigger than when we started out, I think this is still how new people describe it... It's part stage show, part toys and model and private collection displays, part contests and game show and one giant meet and greet for macross and other anime fans...

I take donations... :wub:

I have yet to sign up. Still waiting to see if my wife and nephew will want to go with me this year too.