MacrossWorld Convention 2013 Information Thread

Update 8.3.2013

gallery_2662_621_139582.jpeg

Attention MW!!!

We have secured a date and location for this year's MacrossWorld Convention. I am very excited to announce we will hosting MW Con 2013 at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center - Ken Miller Auditorium in Torrance, CA. Save the date for Saturday, October 5th to come and join us for the biggest MacrossWorld Convention yet!

This multi-purpose recreation center is the largest venue we have hosted MW Con and features 3,100 sq. feet of space. We'll have plenty of room for your favorite Macross displays as well as an opportunity for vendors and MW members to sell your extra stuff. The Ken Miller Auditorium also features a full sized stage which we hope to utilize for some soon-to-be-announced special events during the convention.

This location is 15 minutes away from LAX (less than 10 miles). Also, it's only half a mile away from Torrance Marriott South Bay Hotel that is surrounded by places to shop and eat.

Here are some pictures of the location:

Outside

Ken Miller Recreation Center

Lobby

Ken Miller Lobby

Inside setup with tables

Ken Miller Inside

More information to come regarding registration details, events, prizes, auctions, sponsors, special guests, exclusives, and more!!

Online Registration for MW Con 2013 Now Live!

Edited by KiriK

gallery_2662_621_139582.jpeg

Attention MW!!!

We have secured a date and location for this year's MacrossWorld Convention. I am very excited to announce we will hosting MW Con 2013 at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center - Ken Miller Auditorium in Torrance, CA. Save the date for Saturday, October 5th to come and join us for the biggest MacrossWorld Convention yet!

This multi-purpose recreation center is the largest venue we have hosted MW Con and features 3,100 sq. feet of space. We'll have plenty of room for your favorite Macross displays as well as an opportunity for vendors and MW members to sell your extra stuff. The Ken Miller Auditorium also features a full sized stage which we hope to utilize for some soon-to-be-announced special events during the convention.

Here are some pictures of the location:

Outside

Ken Miller Recreation Center

Lobby

Ken Miller Lobby

Inside setup with tables

Ken Miller Inside

More information to come regarding registration details, events, prizes, auctions, sponsors, special guests, exclusives, and more!!

Edited by KiriK

I would like to mention that this year's location/venue was really made possible by the generous donations and contributions from MW Con 2012 attendees! We raised enough funds to secure a wonderful location that will hopefully provide everything we've dreamed of for a MacrossWorld Convention. We're still working on registration details to let people know how they can contribute to this year's convention and future ones to come.

This is truly a fan convention supported by this community so thank you for your continued support!

My little brother has been to several E3 conventions, friends have gone to horror conventions and other ones like Comic Con.....yet i've never been to any : (

And i've been a Robotech/Macross fan since they showed Robotech in the 80's here in the US, my FAVORITE cartoon growing up. I even bought most of the single Robotech DVDs before I even owned a DVD player!

I swear i MUST and will make it to this even if I have to lie, steal or kill someone, lol!

I think a display of custom painted valks would be cool.

And a Macross/Robotech video game competition would surely draw spectators.

i forgot to add that there needs to be prizes for the video game competition if there is one! :)

maybe it'll be good to have two categories: novice (smaller prize) and pro (bigger prize). so everyone at least has a chance to win the novice category prize. participants can only compete in either one of the categories.

i think we'll have headline news if the final is a real-life version of "Max versus Mlia"! haha.

we've tried doing video game contests in the past with little participation at the actual con. Most players were beginners and didn't even know how to play so watching the versus battles was boring. i don't think we had any of the newer macross games though

I even hooked up the old SNES macross side scrolling shooter game to have a "Best Score" contest. hardly any participants either.

Keep up the suggestions for activities you'd like to see though! We may include them if it fits into our tight schedule.

I think a display of custom painted valks would be cool.

The Customs Contest is the longest running contest Macross World Con has. It's the "Main Event". If you guys have any projects that'll be done by then, I suggest taking it with you to enter or just to share. But if you're gonna enter, better bring it! I've already heard of some pretty elaborate set ups for this year.

If this date is 100% set in stone I'm buying plane tickets tonight. I got screwed out of last year and I'm still miffed about it. I'd like to help as well and can come in a day early if need be.

On a side note, I can't wait to wear the big old "Hello My Name Is Benson13" T-shirt I'm going to have made.

MacrossWorld Convention T-Shirt Fundraiser

100-Macross-shirts.jpg

Support MW Con 2013 by purchasing this classic MW Con T-shirt design!! All proceeds will go towards MacrossWorld Convention 2013. Only available now until June 10th, 2013

Purchase your MW Con Fundraiser T-shirt for only $25 shipped anywhere in the U.S.! (International shipping extra). T-shirts are available in black or white and available in size Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large. Plus sizes available for additional $3 each size (XXL -$28, XXXL - $31, etc)

Payments are accepted via PayPal only! Click on the link below to order your T-shirt now!!

ORDER FORM

Can we have an argument about whether the DYRL Macross is "100% Pure"?

Serious though, I'd love to be there this year but it's way too early to know where I'll be in October.

I think you missed what the shirt meant.

I'm about 10 minutes driving from this location, and it does look nice. This will be a great place to have this year's convention.