Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

wow! and I thought the ebay prices were off the roof.

2k for the vfx?? wow

The VFX has an attachment that goes over the arms on fighter mode that makes it look like a prototype, that and the test scheme....

I think that is not the "new normal" for the VF-X.....I think a couple of guys went nuts.....such pricing will either result in the seller needing to relist due to non-payment...or it will certainly make other sellers want to try to get similar prices.....we will see what the next few go for to really see if a VF-X is worth 2000 USD...if so, it will de-throne the Max and Miria as the NEW undisputed Yamato Holy Grail TOY!!!! :lol:

so if something is sold at ridiculous prices it becomes a holy grale?

I thought beeing a rarity and/or special design would be more important.

Is the Vf-X that rare ( limited quantities ?), or is just nobody selling their copy?

Edited by miro79

so if something is sold at ridiculous prices it becomes a holy grale?

I thought beeing a rarity and/or special design would be more important.

Is the Vf-X that rare ( limited quantities ?), or is just nobody selling their copy?

The VF-X was initially a Macross Chronicle (Shogakukan release) exclusive....later they ended up being sold at several online shops....I am guessing the folks at Macross Chronicle/Shogakukan overestimated the popularity of the VF-X or Yamato Valks in general....or Yamato overestimated the demand.....this is why I believe the VF-4G was offered/produced pretty much by demand/pre-orders.....I hope Graham or someone else will eventually disclose how many VF-X's, VF-4G's, etc were actually made....

The part that is really disappointing is the fact that unless Arcadia finally announces a return to PT valk production...we will not be getting any PT valk exclusives from the DeAgostini release of the Macross Chronicle....an Alaska Base VF-1A or 1/48 VF-1D or VF-1S would have been great..... ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

and here i told jvmacross i'm not into price gouging, but 2,000 usd is a lot of speculative dough to even throw around for a vf-x. i'm going to list mine on yahoo Japan. lol jk

Edited by davidwhangchoi

wow! and I thought the ebay prices were off the roof.

2k for the vfx?? wow

I doubt the seller actually get that kind of money. Here is the bidding list:

http://pageinfo13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/bid_hist?aID=r102046759

The winner is a new account with no feedback. I guess the second highest bidder made a mistake when entering his bid, so he made a new fake account to outbid himself.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Holy cow.. that's insane I could get one of those for like 70 bucks...

i wouldn't really trust the items sold from that seller, it's another front for that fraud estertool. who uses dummy account bid wins to boost his positive feedback. There are some real sales but can't really can't tell if the item was actually sold.

i wouldn't really trust the items sold from that seller, it's another front for that fraud estertool. who uses dummy account bid wins to boost his positive feedback. There are some real sales but can't really can't tell if the item was actually sold.

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h175806205

Add postage and proxy fees and you are just about at the "free" postage mark..... :rolleyes:

Damn it!! Placed an order on Friday for 1A DYRL Hikaru and 1A Cavalier and got them canceller by the seller today cause they were out of stock.

*sigh*....

Feel your pain bro. I hate it when they do crap like that. I'm not quite sure why it's so hard for sellers to figure out their stock situation.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The vf-1a Cavaliers are all going up in price, there is none left on ebay. I checked yesterday on amazon and the were going for 180 shipped. now it's 275 shipped at the typical jacked up amazon prices.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Where?

Amazon

The VF-1A CF TV (older) version is now gone from both angolz and HKC. It was still there yesterday, and I was going to order today.......

So I had to suck it up and pay the extra $40 for the option parts......

That was me, I was eying the CF's for a while on HKC but they were gone when I was ready to buy. Checked on Angolz and they were still in stock, tried to buy 2 but it only allowed me to get one, so I guess I took the last one, sorry, let's just hope I don't get the inevitable "order canceled" email from them.

Where are they selling the TV CF with option parts?

The vf-1a Cavaliers are all going up in price, there is none left on ebay. I checked yesterday on amazon and the were going for 180 shipped. now it's 275 shipped at the typical jacked up amazon prices.

That was me too, I attempted 3 purchases from 3 sellers and the 3 cancelled on me claiming out of stock and "inventory error", I decided to contact the next seller asking if he had the Cavalier in stock where Amazon marked the price at 180, (it was 1am), quickly got an answer of "yes" when I go check, the guy raised the price to 300+, f*****ck this sh!t!!

I really hope Arcadia continues the Yamaato Macross line so we can all go tell this scalper where to shove their greedy prices.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Amazon

That was me, I was eying the CF's for a while on HKC but they were gone when I was ready to buy. Checked on Angolz and they were still in stock, tried to buy 2 but it only allowed me to get one, so I guess I took the last one, sorry, let's just hope I don't get the inevitable "order canceled" email from them.

Where are they selling the TV CF with option parts?

That was me too, I attempted 3 purchases from 3 sellers and the 3 cancelled on me claiming out of stock and "inventory error", I decided to contact the next seller asking if he had the Cavalier in stock where Amazon marked the price at 180, (it was 1am), quickly got an answer of "yes" when I go check, the guy raised the price to 300+, f*****ck this sh!t!!

I really hope Arcadia continues the Yamaato Macross line so we can all go tell this scalper where to shove their greedy prices.

haha, ok i see you saved me time from looking at those valks listed there. looks like a lot of prices the sellers forgot to update and then jacking the prices after you inquire about them orafter canceling on you

I wasn't into the color scheme so i didn't buy the cavaliers when bbts has it on clearance. Furtunately my secret overseas source still have a couple in stock and i was able to buy it for around 120 last week.

These prices are... staggering. Hard to believe that not long ago we were able to buy all this stuff at a fraction of what they're selling for now.

I got the SDF-1 and VF-4 at good prices, but I regret never getting a VF-11C during one of the many past sales. Now I'll never have one because I'm not paying $400+ for any valkyrie.