Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

On 4/30/2017 at 10:30 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

damn....maybe i need to sell my doubles

Remember when....

Yamato's BK lead to panic.....panic lead to panic buying.....panic buying lead to a quick surge of demand v supply.....quick surge of demand v supply lead to high market prices...

And now....

Hope leads to panic...panic leads to panic selling....panic selling leads to more supply v demand......more supply v demand leads to falling market prices.....

panic.gif

This all has repeated itself before, back when everyone thought there would never be anymore chunky monkeys.....prices for 1/55 Takatoku and Hi-Metal Bandai Valks were higher than anything we have seen today for the most expensive Yamato valks....and that was late 80's, early 90's money!

Then Yamato's V1 came out and Bandai re-released several of the "grail" Takatoku VF-1's...better than ever!  The market pretty much crashed for vintage 1/55...or more correctly put, the market for vintage Macross self-corrected....and the current Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 market will eventually crash too....that market seems to be self-correcting right now...

However.....

There is always something bigger and better in the horizon....no doubt we will see another interpretation of the venerable VF-1...maybe bigger....but surely better than what has come before it....it has already happened 3 significant times, in the DX scale that has become the standard for VF-1's, since the 1/55 first debuted 35 years ago.....the question is....when will the often prophesied Bandai DX VF-1 make it's debut?.....Is Arcadia trying to squeeze out the last few bucks out of it's old V2 VF-1 mold before Bandai shocks and awes all of us?  Or is it possible that Arcadia will crash the aftermarket of it's own products with a V3 VF-1?  They already did that twice with the introduction of the 1/48 (which did in the VF-1 V1) and the 1/60 V2 (which killed the aftermarket of the 1/48)......so it wouldn't be anything new for Yamato/Arcadia... :pardon:

There's been an awakening....have you felt it? :huh:

Edited by jvmacross

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

There's been an awakening....have you felt it? :huh:

Nice reminder on history, often we do forget when prices surge.

Not mine to speculate if there will be another wave of vf-1s, but an alternative could be that prices are going nowhere, neither up nor down. 

The awakening I see is the macross hype/marketing becoming stronger each passing year. I don't recall new macross series or macross pop culture/singers being planned so much, before there were years when less/no hype seemed to exist.

So, I don't know if there is even time slots for any new iterations of vf-1 toys to appear, looking at all the new valks and merchandising that might be coming. Bandai/Arcadia might not want to risk putting money into new molds of old toys if it means competing against new incoming valk designs. 

Edited by seti88

Bandai should so totally do a YF-30 with different pods. Even if it doesn't appear in game, call it valkyrie variation, in the spirit of mobile suit variation.

Am sure it will sell like hotcakes, since the YF-30 shape is what everyone wants. 

p/s yes i thk there was a schematic explanation somewhere on the pods, but just for expressions sake..

Edited by seti88

49 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Bandai should so totally do a YF-30 with different pods. Even if it doesn't appear in game, call it valkyrie variation, in the spirit of mobile suit variation.

Am sure it will sell like hotcakes, since the YF-30 shape is what everyone wants. 

p/s yes i thk there was a schematic explanation somewhere on the pods, but just for expressions sake..

The YF-30 is one of my favorite designs. I would be in for at least 2 if it was reissued :D

A few Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Weathered Editions....

VF-1S ROY.....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/236417108.  65k outlier, probably the last piece of the buyer's collection....average seems to be 350-450 USD for weathered VF-1s

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/243141893.   27.5k

VF-1S MAX....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x483216959.   32,009k

VF-1S HIKARU.....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/230779986.    38.8k

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l376555001  45k combo with SSP....good deal

SSP...........

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v494237657.   12.2k

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/243141889.    9701k

Edited by jvmacross

That link goes to a DX VF-31J but I believe you ;). Other than maybe trying to get a VF-22 Milia some day to pair with my Max I've given up hope of adding the YF-21 or VF-22 Gamlin to my collection for a (relatively) reasonable price. I can only hope that Arcadia one day takes a stab at a V2 or Bandai does a DX version.

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

That link goes to a DX VF-31J but I believe you ;). Other than maybe trying to get a VF-22 Milia some day to pair with my Max I've given up hope of adding the YF-21 or VF-22 Gamlin to my collection for a (relatively) reasonable price. I can only hope that Arcadia one day takes a stab at a V2 or Bandai does a DX version.

i can't believe how ridiculous they got in such a short period of time. Everyone is asking like 500 bucks for these now

2 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

Oops sorry it was this one lol

YF-21

36 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Absolutely agree; I think the issue with those closed auction prices is that the items are in varied conditions (junk, nib, sealed etc). You really have to look at each item individually to get a good sense of the true market price for a given combination of item/condition.

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

In my experience, once an item moves into that "long sold out" status....the difference for what you can expect to get for it, whether it is MISB vs Opened/Displayed, is pretty negligible.   Maybe at most $50 for "super mint".  But you will be searching much longer for the customer demanding that condition type than someone who is OK with Opened/Displayed/Complete.....As a seller, if you bought it at MSRP or less.....A $50 premium for keeping your items pristine is hardly worth the trouble of not enjoying them temporarily while they were still part of your collection (unless you had multiples and had the space to store them).....when all is said and done...when an item is selling at most for $400 in any decent condition (other than broke/loose) in the open market , no one is going to buy it from you at your $700 asking price.....:acute:

26 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

when an item is selling at most for $400 in any decent condition (other than broke/loose) in the open market , no one is going to buy it from you at your $700 asking price.....:acute:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just an endorsement to JV's posts and accuracy. With his experience, i was able to sell 2.5K worth of valks priced below real market value in 2 weeks. Having this thread helps buyers tremendously.  

Edited by davidwhangchoi

1 minute ago, davidwhangchoi said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just an endorsement to JV's posts and accuracy. With his experience, i was able to sell 2.5K worth of valks priced below real market value. Having this thread helps buyers tremendously.  

And that's why David is reserving me one of his VF-1J CF. ;)

Don't worry, David. I'm not pressuring you. Just waiting on that Buy Me Now email. ^_^