Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 10:36 PM, jvmacross said:

Very rare Macross old school collectible

Just want to add that these particular takatoku valkyries were sold individually in the US as part of a different toyline in the mid 80s. I had the VF-1S as a kid, and there was also an SDF-1 in the line. I forget the name of them but I remember they were sold in department stores, back when department stores had toy sections. 

6 hours ago, Cowboy17 said:

Just want to add that these particular takatoku valkyries were sold individually in the US as part of a different toyline in the mid 80s. I had the VF-1S as a kid, and there was also an SDF-1 in the line. I forget the name of them but I remember they were sold in department stores, back when department stores had toy sections. 

Only the VF-1S, more or less, was released in a similar scheme as the original Takatoku Henkei....

There were no Max, Millia, Hikaru VF-1J's or the VF-1A brownie....at least not from the Convertors line you seem to be referring to....

Here are the VF's that were released from that line....incidentally they all use the VF-1S mold....

gallery_12176_633_2069479.jpg

gallery_12176_633_499804.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1207816.jpg

;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 3:40 PM, jvmacross said:

Only the VF-1S, more or less, was released in a similar scheme as the original Takatoku Henkei....

There were no Max, Millia, Hikaru VF-1J's or the VF-1A brownie....at least not from the Convertors line you seem to be referring to....

Here are the VF's that were released from that line....incidentally they all use the VF-1S mold....

;)

I do remember a non-Convertors version that was sold in a couple of local SoCal drugstores and knickknack shops when I was a kid in the '80s - they may have been unauthorized versions, or imports from another market. I do not remember the name/label that they were marketed under, but they did use the Takatoku  TV color schemes and artwork on the packaging (they were blister carded like the Convertors). The only thing I remember from the packaging is that they were badged as "Battroid Walkyries".

Edited by Hiriyu

6 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

I do remember a non-Convertors version that was sold in a couple of local SoCal drugstores and knickknack shops when I was a kid in the '80s - they may have been unauthorized versions, or imports from another market. I do not remember the name/label that they were marketed under, but they did use the Takatoku  TV color schemes and artwork on the packaging (they were blister carded like the Convertors). The only thing I remember from the packaging is that they were badged as "Battroid Walkyries".

Yes....in terms of KOs....the Takatoku Kanzen Henkei is arguably one of the most bootlegged toys ever made....indeed, unlicenced versions of practically all of the original schemes...and then some....were made....I myself have a VF-1A brownie KO that stood in for the original version for several years while I searched for it....an original Takatoku Kanzen Henkei VF-1A toy is one of the tougher ones to find these days....in fact, it was the last piece I found in my quest to complete my Takatoku Toys Macross collection....

gallery_12176_633_151503.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/42966-a-30-year-takatoku-macross-toy-quest…is-finally-over/

• 6 months later...

Original (?) VT-1 Super Ostrich illustration.....81,600 JPY.....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j476283208

msn6000-img450x318-1519848074oupww119050

It is a beautiful illustration....the only other "officially" published example of it comes from the Macross Gold Book....

vt1.jpeg

As you can see, it is drastically different...even though the main focal point, the Super O, is essentially the same.

Several theories were bounced around...perhaps the Gold Book one is the "rough" sketch and the one sold via YJA is the final drawing....but why use the rough one on the Gold Book?  And why has this pic not appeared anywhere else?....I do not collect the doujins of the SDFM/DYRL era, so I am wondering if the "cleaner" illustration may have appeared in one of them....any doujin collectors out there that can check their books?

The other thing about the illustration is the lack of any signature...usually Kawamori signs his work, like his lineart.  Or perhaps this one is actually drawn by Miyatake?  The illustration is very similar to his Destroid and Mecha illustrations....very "clean" and "mechanically-realistic" in execution...also there are some examples of VF-1's drawn by Miyatake to add to the posssibilty of this being a Miyatake illustration.....however, I believe he too signs his work.

The seller does not give any indication of knowing anything about the VT-1 illustration, where he got it from or who the illustrator is.

There was no way to be certain as to the legitamacy of the illustration....even so, it is awesome nonetheless!  

Any of the other Macross cel and original art collectors here have any further insights into this illustration?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I don't know if this price is for a BNIB but I would let go my VF-11C for half of that

That would be closer to the going market price.....for the -11B/C

Yamato VF-11C.........38550 JPY

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w208693721

The last VF-11B was probably a result of a heated bidding war.....next VF-11B auction will either set the new market price or correct it to previous levels which were in the 30-35K range....

• 4 weeks later...

VF-31A 33000 JY

Description to this one is interesting: 

I bought a reservation at Premium Bandai. Just arrived in April, it is a new article unopened. 

VF-31A 35000 JY

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

• 2 weeks later...

Arcadia VF-4G just sold for 32,000 yen, before shipping, from Mandarake

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1065462163&ref=list

Yamato 1/60 VF-1A TV Max just sold for 42,555 yen on YJA, not including any shipping and processing fees.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x536899236

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Arcadia VF-4G just sold for 32,000 yen, before shipping, from Mandarake

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1065462163&ref=list

Yamato 1/60 VF-1A TV Max just sold for 42,555 yen on YJA, not including any shipping and processing fees.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x536899236

•  

The VF-1A was bundled with a Zentraedi uniform. It would not have fetched that price otherwise.